“Love Pine Bay-staff were fab,place is gorgeous,something 4 every1”

Pine Bay Holiday Resort
Ranked #30 of 154 Hotels in Kusadasi
staffordshire
“Love Pine Bay-staff were fab,place is gorgeous,something 4 every1”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

PROS: Stayed at Pine Bay for 10 days end of May this year. Stayed with hubbie, our 2 teen boys and my mother and father. We had a perfect time. There is definitely something for everyone. There are great slides, little quiet areas when the sun gets too hot, lots of bars, a quiet pool near the main hotel and another 3 pools near the slides - one for little kids, another one with bridges etc and a smaller round one. There is a play area for small kids. The beach is very clean and is both sandy and shingle. There are 2 free a la carte Restaurants aswell. One visit per week...has to be booked. We went to the Italian one on the beach which was fabulous. It was lovely to be served etc. The animation team work really hard and are very friendly. The evening entertainment is a bit corny and get a bit rude at times but we enjoyed watching it as you can just take your brain out! Ha ha. Some of the Russians can be extremely pushy at meal times, and not just children either! The trick is to just stand your ground and pass the serving spoon straight back to the person behind you so they are unable to push in!! ;) The food was lovely and we were always able to find something we liked. There was often fresh food, evening meal such as stir fry, which the chef cooked to order for you. Loved how we were able to help ourselves to a bottle wine and not have to wait for the waiters, who were always rushed off their feet. There was also a pool snack/bar and 2 beach snack/bars which all served pizza, burgers, chips, salad, sausages etc and then cakes in the afternoon. There was also midnight soup and bread available just in case you may be hungry!!! My kids loved jumping from the jetties straight into the sea. You can get on a Dolmus (bus) to Kusadasi for 3 liras per person (around a quid). Our bungalow was fantastic, we stayed in number 1111 and my Mum and Dad stayed next door. It had been renovated and was lovely inside. They replaced the TV whilst we were there to a flat screen. There was TWO twin rooms and a living area with a sofa bed and a fridge which was filled daily with free water and Cola. There was also a shower room with toilet and a separate ensuite too! We felt really lucky having so much space. We also had an amazing view of the sea :D Think the bungalows have more room than the hotel rooms and are in a great environment, surrounded by trees and flowers. Our room was kept very clean. Helps to leave 2-3 Lira for the maid per day as this ensures you receive clean towels everyday etc. No need to take beach/pool towels either as you can hire them for free. You can also feed the fish at the end of the private beach. The kids loved doing this...there is a bin which the staff fill with stale bread for the fish. It's really quiet and chilled out on this part of the beach too which is fab. There are a lot of steps so may be difficult for people with prams, disabled or infirm. There are a couple of golf buggies which are free. The guy will take you anywhere you want as the resort is fairly large. Some cocktails are on the all inclusive eg Bellini, Sangria and some others. They also do non alcoholic cocktails for kids aswell. There is also an indoor pool which is great if you need to get away from the hot sun. There was always plenty of sunbeds and we were there during the school holiday in May. We never struggled to get 6 together either by a pool or on the beach. There was free wifi in reception and surrounding areas, just needto obtain a code from the staff. Myself and my Mum had a massage in the spa. This was fantastic and very reasonably priced. Some of the songs around the slides and in the amphitheatre were a little inappropriate for younger guests...swearing, rapping etc which could upset some folk. Just ask the staff to skip to the next track which they are happy to do so. The staff were all amazing, very smiley & friendly especially Adem. There was a games room downstairs with pool and games machines inc Play Station etc. All in all...we had a PERFECT time. Thank you Pine Bay...we will return again :)

CONS: We travelled with Thomas Cook who were AWFUL to be honest. On our return we were delayed for almost 3 hours at Izmir airport (Sat 31st May). The rep informed us on arrival at the airport, that they delay was down to the airport. However we soon discovered that it was only the 3 Thomas Cook flights to different destinations around UK that were delayed...no other fights were delayed what so ever! Then when we got on the plane (to Manchester)...the pilot told us the problem was due birds becoming trapped in the engine...that old chestnut!! Once home, we were watching Watchdog a couple of days later and eventually learned that the truth. The delays were down to staff shortages, it all started in Bristol airport where passengers were delayed for 36 hours!!! Can't bear being lied to so have decided not to travel with Thomas Cook again. We are convinced the rep and the pilot lied in order to put folk off claiming compensation. Dreadful customer service :(

Room Tip: We loved our gorgeous renovated bungalow...room 1111. Had a sea view :)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
16 Thank TeamManda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I travelled and stayed for one week with my husband and 4 children on 31st May.
I found the Bungalows were fab, spotless and had 2 bathrooms. The daily maid service was great and the hotel staff in general were very helpful and polite. The food selection was great at every meal and the pools and slides very well kept and maitained. We had a great time and it was value for money. The shuttle service is invaluable for people with young babies as the hills can be a killer.The were only a few drawbacks- The TC rep gave us no info leaving us to find out everything form other guests. The childrens entertainment in the evening doesnt start till 9pm (the bar is also shut till 9 with no other one near) which I found too late for the young children to enjoy meaning the adults didnt really get a night time. The drinks selection was different everywhere and spirits werent available where the entertainment was and if you wanted to go to the beach bar in the evining the drinks were chargable. The only other issue was that icecream was only avaiable for one hour a day and from one place and it ran out a couple of times.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Nicola H
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Really let down by the food if u like chicken goulash you will be ok or turkey seems to be all they do I am afraidto say.The staff are good but even better if you tip them . Ifyou are a fussy eater I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Bungalows are very basic other rooms are better.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank sie100173
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

After reading so many bad reviews on this hotel before we had our holiday, from the moment we arrived at Pine Bay I found it to be completely the opposite and I felt compelled to write a review on here.

Myself, my partner and our 3 children aged 9, 7 and 18 months stayed here for 2 weeks in May 2014. The first thing I noticed was the cleanliness - I have never seen so many members of staff working so hard to keep things clean - even going so far as to sweep pine needles from paths! Our bungalow was absolutely immaculate and more than catered for our needs.

So much for children to do, my children loved the pools and the slides. My daughter spent nearly all day every day in the Mini Club and the Animation Team are so friendly and do an excellent job day and night.

Food was really good. I have never been on an all inclusive holiday before and I have to admit it was my idea of hell! But how wrong I was! So much to choose from, even for fussy children, and a different theme every night. Yes, at times, it did get busy, but we stuck to our routine and we were never disappointed.

We did venture into Kusadasi, but it was very busy and you were pestered a lot to go into shops etc, but there are lots of bargains to be had. The shop in the hotel was actually very good too and my son got 2 football kits at a very low price. There really is no need to actually leave the resort if you don't wish to.

Everyone we spoke to was enjoying their holiday at Pine Bay just as much as we were, and some were even returning here for the 2nd or 3rd time.

I wouldn't hesitate to return here again and I just wish more people would make kinder reviews - people only really feel the need to share the bad things. I honestly don't have a bad word to say about Pine Bay!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
22 Thank 965Janey
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We arrived 21st May and we were pleasantly surprised. Our previous holiday was Disney World Florida so the kids had high expectations which were all met.
The staff were lovely and very helpful. The food was fabulous, I'm not sure why previous people have said less complimentary things, I'm vegetarian and one of my daughters is a very picky eater and we have definitely come home struggling to do up the buttons on our 'England' clothes haha

If I could give some advice then I would say bring euros instead of Lira, everything is priced up in Euros which makes it difficult to work out prices... We had to convert from euro to lira to Stirling to figure out the cost of anything... I don't really like using maths at the best if times so on holiday it hurt my brain ;)

I would also advise that the flat screen TV's that are fitted have a USB port so you can bring movies or music on a memory stick for your room which is handy for the kids if you fancy an afternoon nap.

There is a charge for most if the watersports but canoes and pedelos are free of charge, the spa also charges but its lovely to have the option of it.

The pools and water park are immaculate and the beach is lovely, there is a hidden corner of lovely beach down passed the marina which has its own bar too.

Kusadasi does lovely gifts at very cheap prices which can even be haggled on.
And we took a trip up to Ephesus which was a lovely break from the routine of the resort.

We really did have a fabulous holiday :)
I don't think we'd go back because we don't go to the same place more than once but I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014
13 Thank Gandhilily
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We came to this hotel on the 24th may for 11 nights, and stayed in the bungalows. The bungalows were very nice. Food was great and there was something to cater for even the fussier eater. My children aged 11 and 10 loved the aqua park and private beach. The staff were lovely and work so hard. The only downside was it was very hilly but overall it was lovely and would definitely return!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Claire G
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just spent a wonderful week in this great hotel, we opted for one of the little bungalows which is small but functional they only downside is there being no kitchen to make a cup of tea but saying that you can get anything you want from the food area of the hotel between 7am and midnight,

The food is lovely with a wide variety, it's a buffet style with hot and cold food, there's several bars which are all included in the all inclusive price, also there are al-a-carte restaurants which you can choose 1 during your stay

There are several pools with a decent size water park with slides and flumes there's also a private beach and plenty of activities and water sports though these are a little expensive,
5 minutes down the road there's a dolphin park which is a must see....you can even swim with them if you want which I did and it was amazing

The only downside is the hotel is in a mountain so as you would expect it is on an incline and not for anyone who has walking difficulties.....but I would def recommend and can't wait to go back

There's a great little bus service every few minutes that takes you into kusadasi where the shops are full of genuine fakes of great quality...happy days....

There are plenty of excursions to book but I'd book them in kusadasi rather than the hotel, it's much cheaper....the jeep safari was good fun and so was the boat trip and they even feed you with lovely food on them as well

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends