“The Hotel is geared for Tour Groups”
Review of Kismet Hotel

Kismet Hotel
Ranked #60 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 28 October 2009

This hotel certainly has seen better days, but I think it has decided to cater to tour groups and short timers. Thirty years ago I'm sure it was one of the best in the area. The views and location of public areas are still stunning, but the furniture, outdoor bars, beach areas are in need of repair and refurbishment.

That being said, if you are only using it for a base to see Ephesus, it is certainly fine. The breakfast buffet was limited and the dinner buffet was mediocre and the price of wine was very high ($12/glass) - but considering the view from the bar, it may be worth it for some people.

The hotel parrot and cute cat added a friendly touch. WiFi was available in the lobby, but not in the rooms.

Stayed: October 2009
There are newer reviews for Kismet Hotel

Reviewed 27 September 2009

We stayed at The Kismet for 5 days with a tour, and at first I was delighted with the room, which was initially 2 rooms, with the adjoining wall knocked out to make a larger room, with 2 bathrooms. Bed was fine, view over the marina was fantastic, and the swim in the Aegean was wonderful. The room was dirty. The bathroom/shower was covered in soap film, as was the basin. I was able scrape the scum off the basin with my fingernails! Off to the shop to buy some Jiff! I was going to complain, but was concerned the male room cleaner would loose his job, so decided to clean the bathroom myself. We stayed in lots of hotels in Turkey, some much worse than this one, but with its so called reputation - I'm compelled to write my first review of a hotel. On reflection of the various hotels we stayed in, the dirty ones were cleaned by men. After spending more than 2 weeks in Turkey, I have an idea how their social structure works, and I bet that these male hotel cleaners don't do the housework at home!
Another complaint was the staff in the dining room - plate and wine glass snatching before I had finished my meal, as another reviewer said, you felt as though you were being pushed out the door. The wait staff were insolent and mocking of us, on many occasions. They didn't seem to understand that we were paying their wages!
The location is great, as I said, but if you do choose to say there and you do have a valid complaint, then do it loudly. Don't put up with their arrogance at the front desk.
On reflection is the cost of alcohol - 1 glass of cheap wine for $15.00 in the garden. And the clothing washing prices were New York level, as another in our group commented.

• Stayed: August 2009
2  Thank CorriedogAustralia
Reviewed 18 September 2009

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel during our tour of Turkey. The rooms were new and clean, and the breakfast buffet was ample. It is a leisurely 1-2 mile walk along the yacht basin/beach to the center of town. Highly recommend the hotel to all!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2009

Kismet Hotel is wonderful. I'd read some negative reviews about the hotel after we booked for our Aug/Sept 2009 stay. My gut instinct told me to stick with the original reservations and I am GLAD WE DID.
The hotel is situated on the water on the edge of town in Kusadasi. It is quiet, lovely and peaceful. The grounds are gorgeous and there are lovely flowers everywhere. Our corner room provided a lovely view of the ocean.
There is a tennis court, pool, and a private pier/"beach". The staff members are kind, courteous and completely professional. In fact, this group is the most helpful hotel staff I've ever encountered in Europee, and elsewhere.
Kusadasi is similar to any Mediterranean or Aegan city or town, except it is a bit larger in population. It may be crowded in high season but so is everywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SullyBaltimore
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Dated, stuffy, living on past glories. Who's interested in ancient photos of past personalities? In our room we could get no hot water into the dangerously deep, stepped bath. Our guide agreed, but was initially then duped by a 'handyman' turing on the cold (instead of hot) water to demonstrate that tap and shower did work! Turned by me to hot resulted in a shrug of the shoulders! Both tap and shower gave no more than a trickle of hot water and the bath edges were filthy. Fantastic views from outdoor restaurant tables - marina, distant cruise ships etc. Pool was a walk away, down the drive. Sea bathing was from a concrete jetty, several metres below a concrete terrace, several metres below the hotel!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank helen061
Reviewed 24 July 2009

I stayed at the Kismet with my husband, son and parents earlier this month. At best, I would give this hotel 2 stars. When we walked in, the reception area reeked of smoke. After checking in, we preceded to our rooms - the elevator did not work and the halls were unairconditioned. After opening the door to the rooms, I almost decided to search for a new hotel. The only reason we stayed was that I did not want to go through the hassle of switching hotels. The carpets were filthy, the sheets had a thread count of no more than 9 and one dingy towel was alloted to each guest. I was disappointed but thought, let's go to the beach bar, get a cool drink and enjoy what the hotel has to offer. As noted in other reviews, the beach and pool are not that convenient but not a big deal. What was a big deal was the lack of service, the lousy snacks and the broken furniture. The views were lovely. I wish I could have said the same thing about the bathrooms. The next morning, we had breakfast at the hotel. Flies were all over the food and I continued to see the same large mountain of dirty butter set out each day. The only saving grace of this hotel is watching the sunset over the harbor from the terrace each evening.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank CAETennessee
Reviewed 19 July 2009

My wfe and I stayed 3 nights last month (14th/17th) in this hotel which we selected for its location.
We felt everytime we intereacted with the staff (perhaps with the exception of the bar staff) that we were bothering them.
Upon check in, we were assigned a twin bedded room when we had reserved a room with a large bed. We mentionned it to the bell boy who carried our luggage and he started to put the bed together. There was dust under that had not been cleaned for quite some time. great impression on arrival!
The view from the bar is fantastic and so is the sunset from the hotel. The hotel has a certain english character in design but sadly the service is inexistant and bordering rudeness especially for breakfast! We were amused by a sign which was placed in the breakfast room next to a tip box.
Also the orange juice tasted everything but orange. Actually this was true almost in all the hotels we stayed in during 19 days. Quite appalling when you think that Turkey has some of the best oranges!
In spite of the terrible service, one evening, we attempted to have dinner at the restaurant and we were told we had to wear proper attire!! We were having drinks at the adjacent bar for the past 3 nights in the same attire!!We ended up having dinner in the nearby free standing restaurants. One last thing the pool is very nice but a 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel. The service there is also inexistant. During the 3 days we were there, there was no attempt whatsoever by the barman to sell us any drink!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple