Kusadasi is definitely the place to stay if you have a night over while visiting Ephesus. And if given the choice, why not stay in a Castle! The positive reviews on tripadviser and hotels.com led us to the Club’s castle walls, right along the waterfront. The "free valet parking" quickly took our car, and a bellman ushered our luggage inside. The courtyard is something to see, even if you are not staying the night. Beautiful Turkish rugs hung from the balcony and there was plenty of seating in the sun and shade. The receptionist was very friendly and worked with us as we wanted to move from our 2 twin bed shoved together to a queen size room.
Handicapped people be advised - all rooms are on the 2nd level and the steps are marble and at least a foot high. Thankfully the staff brought our luggage up to our room!
Most reviews called the rooms "of Ottoman" style - we'd just call them dated. There was picture of Jimmy Carter visiting from the late 70's on their celebrity wall - and we are not sure they have redecorated since! The mini fridge was stocked full of moderately priced goodies from free water to wine, beer, and raki! The AC worked like a charm on the hot sweltering day. Not sure how long the three Turkish delights on dresser with toothpicks in them had been there, had Jimmy Carter left them behind? The best aspect of the hotel was the tables and chairs outside each room. You could easily spend your afternoon/evening sipping Turkish tea or wine and watching the coming and goings of the courtyard.
Tuesday - Sunday they have a Turkish performance with dinner that looked cheesily entertaining, but alas, we were there on a Monday night. The location of the hotel is perfect for strolling along the waterfront and up to the Fortress on Pigeon Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An original Ottoman Caravanserail built by Okuz Mehmet Pasha in 1618.The hotel has been furnished to meet present day needs, whilst preserving all the typical characteristics of a Caravanserail- two floors, two entrances and spacious courtyard.The club Caravanserail has a mystical atmosphere, decorated in the style of its oririnal architectural design.25 special rooms, 50 beds, 1 suite.Free Wireless internet connection available in all rooms.Each authentic room has a pravite bathroom and direct dial telephone.Outdoor resturant(350), Banguet facilities, snack bar, pravite garden.24 hrs ADSL internet, free for costumres, VIP internet room magic internet.Situated in the heart of Kusadasi town center, 100 meters from the harbour and 70 km from Izmir Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Club Kervansaray Kusadasi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Kervansaray Hotel Kusadasi
- Kervansaray Hotel Kusadasi