I stayed at the hotel Kervansaray with my boyfriend for 3 nights at the beginning of October. We booked through a travel agent as we got a slightly better rate than we would if we booked directly through the hotel website.
We found the hotel pretty easily as we had looked it up on Google Maps prior to travelling, so that gave us an idea of where to find it. It's also quite distinctive as it seems to be the only historic building in its immediate area, which makes it stand out a fair bit. There are a lot of inexpensive hotels in Kusadasi and the Kervansaray, whilst not being particularly expensive, is not the cheapest option by a long shot, but the reason we picked this hotel is its heritage - it seemed a shame to pass up an opportunity to stay in a building with such history and character. I'm glad to say that our expectations we certainly met and we were reassured that we'd made the right choice as soon as we saw the hotel. It's breathtakingly beautiful and (usually) a lovely oasis of calm in a fairly busy and touristy resort.
Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly member of staff at the check-in desk, who sent two other members of staff to get our bags and take us up to our room. Each room has its own name - our room was called CiCi, which apparently means 'pretty' in Turkish. The room itself was nicely decorated in a very traditional looking style, but with modern amenities such as TV, tea/coffee making facilities and free internet (ask at Reception). The bathroom was also nicely decorated and very clean, with a decent shower and plenty of space around the sink for toiletries and such.
I should note that, as with most hotels, the pictures displayed on the hotel website do make the bedrooms look massive, which ours wasn't. It was a decent size and we certainly didn't feel restricted, no complaints at all about it, but it's just something to be aware of if you're expecting or require lots of space.
On our first night at the hotel there was a wedding reception going on in the central courtyard, which did cause a lot of noise even in the room. We're not early-to-bed sorts so it didn't bother us, but it might cause problems for anyone hoping for a quiet early night. We were getting ready for going out and your could hear the bass of the music thumping in the room. It was still going on at about 10pm when we went out, we stopped to watch the dancing for a little while from our balcony, which was brilliant and felt like a little peek into Turkish life. Every other night we were there was very very quiet , so what you get just depends on what's going on when you stay there really.
Breakfast at the hotel was really lovely (continental) and was served to us at a table in the courtyard. You can also have it served to you at the table outside your room, overlooking the courtyard.
Overall, I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a bit more character than the normal hotels in the area can offer, and who doesn't mind if a bit of music is playing on an evening. We didn't really rate Kusadasi, it was far too much like a British seaside resort and offered little in the way of Turkish culture. We took it with a pinch of salt and had a laugh about it for the most part, but I dread to think how we would have viewed it if we had stayed anywhere other than the Kervansaray, which brought some much needed character to our stay in Kusadasi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An original Ottoman Caravanserail built by Okuz Mehmet Pasha in 1618.The hotel has been furnished to meet present day needs, whilst preserving all the typical characteristics of a Caravanserail- two floors, two entrances and spacious courtyard.The club Caravanserail has a mystical atmosphere, decorated in the style of its oririnal architectural design.25 special rooms, 50 beds, 1 suite.Free Wireless internet connection available in all rooms.Each authentic room has a pravite bathroom and direct dial telephone.Outdoor resturant(350), Banguet facilities, snack bar, pravite garden.24 hrs ADSL internet, free for costumres, VIP internet room magic internet.Situated in the heart of Kusadasi town center, 100 meters from the harbour and 70 km from Izmir Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and HostelWorld so you can book your Club Kervansaray Kusadasi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Kervansaray Hotel Kusadasi
- Kervansaray Hotel Kusadasi