“Clean, good location, AWESOME staff!”

Mr Happy's - Liman Hotel
Ranked #17 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Liman Hotel is located literally across the street from the port. It is about a 10-15 minute walk from the minibus station (for buses to Ephesus). It's not a fancy hotel, but it is a fun hotel. The room we had was absolutely spotless. The bathroom looked like it had recently been redone - small shower, but that's Europe for you. We had a nice little balcony as well.

The thing that made this place so lovely was really the staff. Hasan and his people (I wish I had gotten the rest of their names) really make you feel like an important guest. Hasan helped us arrange ferry tickets and a tour to Pamukkale. He also helped us reach our hotel in Athens when we had to change our reservation because of a strike in Greece. We also enjoyed just chatting with him and hearing about his own travel adventures.

Breakfast was simple (though you could have eggs, which was a nice addition), but it was tasty (bread, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese). On Sunday there was some kind of spinach pastry as well - yum! Breakfast is served on the rooftop terrace, overlooking the water.

I asked one of the staff members where I could mail a postcard and he took it and said he'd mail it for me. They were just really helpful.

The rate on this hotel can't be beat. We arrived just prior to the high tourist season and paid 34 Euros/night/room (breakfast included).

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 May 2010

Mr. Happy (Hassam) and his wonderful staffprovided great service. He got ferry tickets to Samos for me and provided good driving directions when I called a few days ahead of time. He magicly found a parking place for my car and made sure we were up in time to catch the ferry.

The hotel has magical views with a great rooftop terrace. Even if you do not have a harbor-front room, you can sit on the terrace and watch all the cruise ships in the harbor directly across the street.

Breakfast and dinner are served on the terrace. The breafast is truly delicious and you can have an omelet or scrambled eggs too. We had dinner there both nights of our stay. They went down to the market next door to get fish for us. Be sure to have dinner at the hotel at least once because it is excellent and well priced and the view can't be beat.

Hotel Liman is a great value and a great experience. The room was simple but perfectly clean . The marble-panelled bath was small but spotless.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2010

Hopefully the roof top will be opened soon - we enjoyed our stay in this friendy hotel - a very good value. Wireless in the whole hotel fun by a nice turkish family

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2010

For one week I stayed at Liman Hotel and was very satisfied. Hasan and Omar are kind and helpful. I arrived at 2 a.m. from the airport in Izmir and was happy I could check in at this time!!!
Breakfast is good and the omelette delicious! I liked the clean room and the balcony but the shower might be modernized. As weather changed an ugly smell kept coming out of the drain pipe.
What I missed in the room were a refrigerator and some glasses for water or wine.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2010

My wife and I just returned from a two week vacation in Turkey where we stayed for three nights in the Liman Hotel. First the good- the hotel was clean, the staff very friendly and helpful (not at all pushy), the breakfasts were good and the location was also good. Next the bad- the showers are beyond funky, the rooms are spartan and the whole place could use refurbishment. I equate the place to a low-grade Motel 6. If the hotel were spiffed up a bit (mostly re-do the bathrooms) it would be fine but I can't recommend it for other than a budget traveler as it is.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2010

A very clean and friendly hotel. Ideal location and the sunset view on the terrace is amazing. Staff are absolutely fantastic, only wish they had a swimming pool.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2009

We were at the Liman for two nights on our way to Istanbul, and the place was great, clean, and a good value. Funky shower, but who cares. Lcoation was perfect, just a short walk from our ferry from Samos. A string of water front restaurants right outside the door. ( I recommend the Belgian/Dutch restaurant, good food good beer good service). Had a nice room, with a great view of the cruise ships coming in. Rooftop restaurant had good food and nice view, very relaxing. Just have the guy at the grill do up a mixed grill for you! Excellent. Entertaining, too. Mr Happy and the entire staff could not have been more helpful.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple