“Great location, clean rooms and excellent staff!”

Mr Happy's - Liman Hotel
Ranked #18 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 12 July 2010

This was my favorite hotel all trip. It's right across from the ocean and in the middle of the bazaar. It's really close to cafes and bars and you can take day trips to see all of the historical sites. The rooftop has a great view and excellent breakfast. The staff was so helpful and fun! I wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 July 2010

I traveled to Kusadasi at the end of june 2010 and I choose to stay in Liman hotel since september 2009. Since then, I was sending mails to Mr Hassan many times, asking him various questions and telling him many times that we will arrive on 26th of june for 7 nights.
Four our group we booked the top floor rooms facing the harbour.
When we arrive in kusadasi , Mr (un)Happy tell us that our rooms booked long time ago are not available because he was thinking that we will arrive on 26th of july, and he made a mistake, but we need to be happy because he have the last two rooms of the hotel for us.
The man appoligied to us many times but I'm considering this not beying enough because if he was reading my emails at least one time carefully and if he was not ignorant, he coud see that I'm booking the rooms for 26th of june and not for 26th of july. You can not joke in this way with the vacantion of 4 peoplewho where on the roads driving for almost 1100km. If he had available only one room, what we coud do?!!
We decided to search for rooms in other hotels and after 3 hours of knoking at hotels doors in Kusadasi we end up in Marti Beach hotel wich is a 4 star hotel, with all inclusive meals.
I'm not questioning other old reviews of this Liman hotel, and i'm not under the influence of my experience with the owner of the hotel but I do not understand how this hotel is so good rated. I was seeing a room inside and I can tell you that the rooms ar smelly, all the furniture is dated, and the hotel needs urgent reforbisment.
I can tell you that I'm so happy that everything happend in this way , because the Marti Beach hotel where we stayed is from another world compared with Liman.
Don't risk your hollyday booking a room at Liman, because even if you don't have bad experience like I had, the hotel don't worth your time. This is my opinion.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Marius C
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Outstanding find in Kusadasi! Unbelievable value and wonderful people. We ate on the rooftop restaurant each of the four nights we were there as it was great food and great prices and great views without the tourist trap prices. Back rooms are clean and well laid out. Breakfast was better than our other hotels on the trip with fresh cooked eggs if you wanted. Towels are very rough, but that is our only nit for what turned out to be out best overall hotel experience on the Turkey trip.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2010

If you are looking for a budget hotel in Kusadasi in the best possible location and with fantastic staff , then look no further. 5 star luxury this isn't, but then at 36 Euros for a double room including breakfast, it exceeded expectations.

The Liman (meaning harbour) is right opposite the harbour. This isn't the hotel for a beach holiday but it's perfect for exploring Kusadasi and getting to Ephesus and the other wonderful heritage sites. Minibuses stop at the end of the road and there's a taxi service next door. Hassan will advise on travel arrangements, arrange airport pick up, ferry tickets for Samos and organise guided trips if wanted.

In Summer, the roof terrace with its fabulous views of the harbour and the castle, is used for breakfast, evening barbecue dinners and just lounging around during the hot afternoons. The staff are fantastic. We left as friends and will certainly return.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2010

This incredibly cheap, clean and simple hotel is in the heart of kusadasi. Our room had a wonderful sea view. One of the best memories of our stay in Turkey (almost 1 month) was the beer and the ice tea we had on the roof at the sunset! The roof is also the breakfast hall and dinner barbecue place! That's the recipe of the perfect hotel. Thanks Hasan and Omar, and thanks to all the staff. The kindest people I've met in Turkey. They have been so helpful when we had to repair our car and we didn't understand what the mechanics were saying!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Liman Hotel is located literally across the street from the port. It is about a 10-15 minute walk from the minibus station (for buses to Ephesus). It's not a fancy hotel, but it is a fun hotel. The room we had was absolutely spotless. The bathroom looked like it had recently been redone - small shower, but that's Europe for you. We had a nice little balcony as well.

The thing that made this place so lovely was really the staff. Hasan and his people (I wish I had gotten the rest of their names) really make you feel like an important guest. Hasan helped us arrange ferry tickets and a tour to Pamukkale. He also helped us reach our hotel in Athens when we had to change our reservation because of a strike in Greece. We also enjoyed just chatting with him and hearing about his own travel adventures.

Breakfast was simple (though you could have eggs, which was a nice addition), but it was tasty (bread, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese). On Sunday there was some kind of spinach pastry as well - yum! Breakfast is served on the rooftop terrace, overlooking the water.

I asked one of the staff members where I could mail a postcard and he took it and said he'd mail it for me. They were just really helpful.

The rate on this hotel can't be beat. We arrived just prior to the high tourist season and paid 34 Euros/night/room (breakfast included).

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Mr. Happy (Hassam) and his wonderful staffprovided great service. He got ferry tickets to Samos for me and provided good driving directions when I called a few days ahead of time. He magicly found a parking place for my car and made sure we were up in time to catch the ferry.

The hotel has magical views with a great rooftop terrace. Even if you do not have a harbor-front room, you can sit on the terrace and watch all the cruise ships in the harbor directly across the street.

Breakfast and dinner are served on the terrace. The breafast is truly delicious and you can have an omelet or scrambled eggs too. We had dinner there both nights of our stay. They went down to the market next door to get fish for us. Be sure to have dinner at the hotel at least once because it is excellent and well priced and the view can't be beat.

Hotel Liman is a great value and a great experience. The room was simple but perfectly clean . The marble-panelled bath was small but spotless.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple