“LOVELY HOTEL, STAFF & FOOD NOT SO!”

Grand Blue Sky International
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in Kusadasi
London, United Kingdom
“LOVELY HOTEL, STAFF & FOOD NOT SO!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

After many hours looking at reviews we spent a weeks holiday with my husband and two children 16 & 12 here in august.....the hotel grounds are beautiful, rooms large and average condition. Local to a small town and a cheap bus outside to central town, only supply one room key which is a problem if you want to separate!
The food was awful, no choice at all for children, my kids ate pasta & toast until we decided to eat out for rest of week due to bad tummy's. The staff was the biggest downfall no one said 'Good morning' or even smiled, very few English & the ones we did chat with said exactly the same!!! My husband wanted to go where there was a gym the pictures looked great but had only a couple of terrible machine, he had to travel out.
Not one to complain as we usually write positive reviews, but feel maybe we should have gone to Marmaris like many of our friends have. We made the most of the sunshine and the beautiful hotel but would not return to Kusadasi.

1 Thank 257sunshine
GRAND BLUE SKY I, Genel Müdür at Grand Blue Sky International, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Grand Blue Sky International

Feedback is such a valuable source of information, enables us to continually strive to improve our standards.

Durmuş DOĞAN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
tehran
Reviewed 24 August 2013

have just returned from Grand Blue Sky Hotel, it was a great holidays for me ,my wife and our 4 years old son. the hotel is clean ,room are clean and staff are really friendly and always ready to help . breakfast is good and with different kind of omelet you can choose what you want to mix , cheese , breads , sausage , .... from 7 to 11. the pool snack start at 11:00 and hamburger , french fries , salad, pizza , ... .you can find different type in beach snack and pool snack ,... .dinner was good ,every night in addition to different choices of fish and chicken , there is a special food that is very crowded .the bars and their staff are good . the pool game and animation team are very fun and Tomas,Caner and Emo are so friendly.Maleki and Cristina were so helpful and friendly with the kids and entertain them in mini club.
for the animation show every night it was an amazing program for example Russian dance turkish night , fun games , ...
just I think in the restaurant there was lack of staff , they work very hard and you must a little wait for drinks , ... .
I suggest this hotel .
good management , good staff

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to get in touch with us to share your recent experience in The Grand Blue Sky International.

We are felt really proud of your kind feedback. We are pleased to provide the best service to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.

Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is an excellent hotel and very clean.food very good staff and manager very helpful, right next to ladies beach perfect, will be recommending here to my friends,will be going back again next year for another wonderful and friendly atmosphere

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mary811
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank for this feedback. "Thank you"! We will be very glad to see you here again.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

the manager call durmus was very helpfull and the rest of the staff nice people to be around and made you feel like home would reconmend to stay ere to everybody!! was very clean place to stay!! :) i for one will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank sstac
Dear Guest,

We want to thank for your review .We will be very glad to see you here in The Grand Blue Sky International.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I been in kusadasi 3 times and always stayed diffrend place this time we booked blue sky I didnt think I will like this place this much nice friendly ppl works there and very clean room such a nice beach anc swmin pool I can recommend anyone this place I will be back next year again xx

1 Thank IRISHSTONER

Kusadasi, Turkey
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Thıs ıs a exellant hotel very clean room. food very good my husband,son and daughter very happy. Pool very clean and bıg. next to ladıes beach whıch ıs super. wıll be back next year. Staff are so friendly and helpfull specialy the hotel manager always there when u need anythıng all i can say its amazing place to visit and also very very family hotel exellent for the kids i recommend to anyone this hotel thanx for everythıng blue sky xx

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family

Bedford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I have never wrote a review before - felt that I needed to advise others of my disappointment overall with this hotel.

We arrive at 1am in the morning with two children and were advised that no food was available until the next morning. We had paid for a 4 bedded room - only had 3 beds. we then waited for a camp bed to arrive before we could go to bed hungry.

Food was the worst. Had to wait most nights for a table, (unless I queued up before dinner started) then had to wait for the table to be cleaned, usually did this myself. Then there was always long queues for the for meat, other guests always pushed in front of you and there appeared to be no queuing system. Food was not of a acceptable quality. The majority of staff spoke very little English. I was totally disgusted at the amount of food other guests were taking and not eating.

Reception staff were rude and allowed others to push in front of me when actually dealing with me. On one occasions they literally laughed at me.

The chef in the pool bar was smoking when cooking!!! Pool bar did not have food available on the menu.

The drinks were watered down. I had to buy drinks from the local shop.

Very noisy hotel. We were not able to go to bed until the entertainment had finished due to the loud noise. The music played around the pool was not appropriate for children to listen to due to the language. It was really loud "nightclub rave type music" and only stopped for an hour or so at lunch time and then after 5pm . One night the entertainment staff put on a comedy show and we had to leave as it was about men urinating and prostitutes. I am not a prude but this is not suitable for my children.

Two mornings running our towels were stolen from our beds !!! The real issue is that the number of beds is disproportionate to the number of guests. So as you would expect its a game of who gets up early enough to put the towels down! No guarantees here though as the local holiday makers were all to happy to discard your items from the beds.

The final straw was having to check out of room at 12 noon and they refused me a room to shower in as we had a late evening flight. I offered to pay - they stated they were fully booked. They offered a public shower that had no working door on it in the spa area. Reception staff then advised me to speak to the customer liaisons officer, as this was my last day I asked who should have told me there was a customer liaisons officer. She stated they did not know - this was a female manager from reception.

The hotel facilities were not explained to us on arrival.
The reviewers here must be on the payroll!

3 Thank Claire1234562013