Just returned from a superb family holiday, Guests are 50% Turkish, 40% Eastern European (Romania, Bulgaria, Russian) and then about 10% English, French, German. If your after Blackpool with sun, with a cooked English breakfast and sausage and mash every night this is not for you - stick to Benidorm. Its an international hotel with a good mix of clientele. Not a Pri-marni shopper in sight which was good if you wanted a break from the chav brigade
Food - decent breakfasts with usual omelettes / fried eggs, fruit, cereals, croissants etc
Lunch multiple salads, hot dishes
plus a good range of other snack bars until about 4pm ( burgers, kebab, chips)
Ice cream 4pm - 6pm superb for kids and big kids
Plenty of water machines, coffee points around
We went to the beach / caribean bar for lunch a few times sometimes good, other times freezing cold food- how can you serve cold fries! just lazy cooking.
Evening buffet not bad some people do take large plates and just waste food. Both the Tex Mex (better than TGI's) and Italian provided superb meals on A l Carte options. .
Few bars in the evening to keep the drinks flowing. Barman ( EGE in the Sky Bar) absolutely superb, offered range of cocktails and makes sure your glass is always topped up - good with the kids to and good range of non alcoholic cocktails for them. Bar staff will engage in conversation if you try.Bar service a bit hit an miss in some bars, no order on when you get served, and it seems only the English had any manners
Smoking around pool and bars very common, it does take some getting used to.
Entertainment not bad - during day by the pool or evening kept our kids entertained ( aged 11 -14). Fred the entertainer does need to change his v tight shorts occasionally !! Photographer walk around with T shirt with rude slogan, very classy especially as he works with kids
Rooms good we had a room on the 6th floor, excellent views and decent maid service. When we arrived we did have a foldaway bed that was broken but quickly replaced by reception. TV had no English channels - disappointment as a lot of hotels have at least English films
Reception attentive and helpful, lady on guest relations good - see her to book a l carte dining
Need to watch some people taking glasses to the pool are so wear something on your feet as a number of broken glass incidents (down to parents giving their kids a glass by the pool)
Beach area not golden sands but nice spot, silent area if you want to get away from it all . Shame all the free water sports (kayak etc were broken)
Plenty of sunbeds but sometimes limited towels, strange as they had 4 people on towel duty but several days towel came out and gone within 5 mins, bring you own towel if you want to reserve a sunbed.
Tennis courts and table tennis table but bring your own equipment and pool table but only had 4 balls
Room service good, regular supply of towels and rooms left in good condition.
Shops 5 mins walk away offer usual mix of T shirts, watches,electronic gear. or take the number 5 bus to the port for a wider selection.
We did have an issue with the on site medical centre. One of our children cut his toe / bit of blood next thing whisked off to the nearby clinic, total lack of English spoken, After 10 min he retuned with a 50p plaster amazingly the staff became very fluent in English when speaking to the insurance company to try and claim £80.
We flew into Bodrum so 1.45mins transfer try for the closer Izmir airport
Overall decent resort, minor niggles but well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The Grand Blue Sky International, you can feel the breeze of Aegean Sea in your room and enjoy the gorgeous sea view to the full under the shades of Palm trees. The Grand Blue Sky International offers service with its qualified, self-disciplined, good-humored personnel and professional management board under the concept of customer satisfaction and good quality service based on years of experience. Our aim is to help you experience a joyful holiday full of unforgettable moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Grand Blue Sky International reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Blue Sky International Hotel Kusadasi
- Grand Blue Sky International Kusadasi