“great place to stay”
Review of Derici Hotel

Derici Hotel
Ranked #30 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 29 June 2014

just got back from a weeks holiday .staff was very friendly rooms was cleaned every day .food was ok we went half board we had a side room which we still had a good view .will go again.the beach on the front near the marina was a nice beach not to busy

2  Thank Lynn H

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The worst experience we had during our entire holiday of 3 weeks!! The location is the only saving grace. From the staff, to the rooms, to the service and breakfast, everything is appalling. It is a Hotel with no hospitality training - no smiles and no courtesies. The rooms are tiny, you can just about move around, no welcome water, no tea service, minimal toiletries, the Bathroom is tiny. Heaven's DO NOT stay in this Hotel, even if they invite you!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dimpykhanna
Reviewed 27 June 2014

just returned again from this super little hotel, Stunning views from the rooms on the front and from the pool area - across to the port watching the cruise liners come and go, 14 within the one week of our stay, The staff have remained the same since my first visit 3 years ago and some have been there 15 and more years. Friendly staff. Small pool area - but they try to make sure you get a sunbed. The reception staff are amazing. Breakfast is adequate - eggs - cold meats and cheeses - fruit - yoghurt - cereals etc. and wonderful fresh bread and pastries. Sheets changed nearly every day, Comfy firm beds. Plenty of hot water always. Brilliant value for money, Holiday makers - Dutch, Irish and English mainly. Thank you Derici once again for a great holiday......will be back in September as usual.

Room Tip: side rooms have a sea view and marina view, front have view of port.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank ChorleyElvisfan
Reviewed 26 June 2014

If you want clean and nice hotel don’t waste your time and money. The hotel will charge you right away because they know what you will get. Check the room before you pay. we were group of friends in June 2014. I don’t know who marked this hotel as excellent. They advertised as 4 start hotel, I give them 1 and for next 3 please look into the sky at night.

By the way I recommend just next door hotel ‘Ilayda Avantgarde’ recently they did construction and it is new and very clean

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Soheil2014
Reviewed 25 June 2014

After reading reviews, I tend to look at bad ones first. Location excellent, staff helpful, rooms are undergoing change - carpets need changing - I like hard beds and firm pillows. Food is OK (for buffet) but can get better in town. Coffee is better than Starbucks (2 doors away). Although not facing the sea to the front but had excellent view of marina and Samos in the distance, where you can watch the world go by from your balcony. When picking up people on the excursions we saw many of the hotels on steep hills or a long way away from town. We tried to use the pool but the towel brigade had been before us and towels were on all the sunbeds so didn't bother again. Would I stay again yes.

4  Thank Tommoquinn
Reviewed 25 June 2014

just back from this charming hotel. Located right on the seafront, overlooking the harbour and the marina. The town and its shops are just steps away. The staff were all very friendly, and the room was clean. We had a side room so had views of the hills and houses behind and the Marina and sea. The lady that came and cleaned was always so helpful, getting me another pillow, changing towels more often than stated, she was a delight! The carpets need to go, they are worn and not spotless, but did not smell. It would be better to change to tiles. Flat screen TV set into a huge mirror, Air con, balcony and a fridge. My bed was rock hard, I didn't like it but hubby did, and it wasn't such a big deal I still slept. Breakfast was ok, there was enough choice, dinner was average but we only ate there 5 out of 10 nights. We made use of the town's other restaurants and eating places. We did not want to eat English food we wanted Turkish food and that's exactly what we found. Just a few doors away from the hotel is a wonderful fast food place selling freshly cooked kebabs, nothing like the kebab shops in England thank goodness. A very tasty lamb shish served in flat bread washed down with yoghurt drink or a lemonade was perfect for lunch! many a day was sat drinking Turkish coffee watching the world go by at many different locations around the hotel and indeed on the hotel front terrace. Fabulous cocktails were drunk on that terrace in the evenings, watching the throng of people strolling along the seafront. It can be a bit noisy but what do you expect of a seafront, town based hotel. I was not disappointed, if I had wanted 5 star luxury resort hotel I would not have chosen this hotel. It was perfect for what we wanted, close to all the ancient sites that we wanted to visit and perfect for people watching and relaxing. Same problems though with the pool as anywhere I have ever been (people saving sunbeds and never seen for hours and hours so this stopped us from sitting up there and using the pool).

5  Thank quinn1962
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Myself and my sister stayed in the Derici last September for a week as we were there for a friends wedding. The hotel is in a excellent location on the waterfront and only short walk to all the shops and bars.

We didnt eat in the hotel as I have been to Kusadasi before and there are loads of little restaurents along the promenade which I had been to on my last visit.

The staff are extremley helpful and we had no issues at all with our room, but I would agree that updating their linen and towels would not be a bad idea.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends