“worst hotel i've ever been to!!”

Luana Hotels Santa Maria
Ranked #45 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We arrived here on Monday 23rd Sept 2013. We had booked 2 rooms together, one for my daughter and her partner and one for me, and on arrival our rooms were miles apart and mine on the 3rd floor and my daughter's on the ground floor which I found odd as I am 54 and had to walk up 3 flights of stairs as there were no lifts!! My shower fell off the wall, I had no plug in the sink and although the room was clean the balcony was filthy, We unpacked and went down to the pool bar for a drink. The all inclusive package was a disgrace as it only included soft drinks, vodka, gin, whiskey and beer, not even the local Efes!! So tough if you didn't like any of these. Everywhere else I have ever been you can get cocktails and their own brands!! The evening meal was awful and as we found when the week passed that it was so repetitive and things were cold. We lived mainly on salads all week. The next day just got worse with breakfast consisting of boiled eggs, omelettes, toast and cereal with no hint of an English fry up. Plenty of salads, cheeses and chips, sorry but those things are ok for tea but not breakfast!! We found out later we were only 3 among about 8 guests there from England they were mainly all from Bulgaria and what ignorant people they ardent taking platefuls of food and leaving most of it. Our rep came to see us and he was totally useless and just wanted to sell his trips and wasn't interested in what we had to say. Friends of ours stayed at the Sumeli about 15 mins down the road, run by the same people and they had a lovely time with the food being more English and the drinks included so much more. The beach is like a builder's yard dark grey sand and bricks and rocks everywhere and the sea is murky. The pool was only cleaned once all week!! Instead of putting on weight I'm sure we all lost it. The only good thing to say about this place is the weather it was superb and Adaland water park was good where you can swim with dolphins, a very enjoyable and memorable eexperience!! We went into Kusadasi town one evening and had a fantastic meal at Murphy's Irish bar thoroughly recommended. My first trip to Turkey and certainly my last, back to Greece for me. Stay clear of this hotel!

Room Tip: Get a pool facing room as the others overlook a busy main road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shazoutinfront

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We arrived about 1 o'clock in the morning and first impressions weren't good. We asked for a quiet room, and were shown one at the front of the hotel which is on a dual carriageway. We did get disturbed by some lorries trundling up the hill during the night, but on requesting a change of room, the hotel staff couldn't have been more efficient, and we were soon settled in a lovely room overlooking the pool. Food was ok ... there was quite a variety to be fair and there was plenty for everyone. The animation team worked really hard. They could be a little 'in your face' but they're just trying to be friendly. We went into town with them one evening, to a local disco, and found it to be friendly enough. The beach was literally a 5 minute walk around the corner (yes, you do go through a petrol station forecourt but it's no bother) and if you're too lazy there is a bus! The room was spacious and comfortable, the bathroom ok (could have been cleaned better tbh), the pool was nice and clean, although a bit deep for a water polo if you're under 5'5"). We were one of the only English families while we were there but it was quite nice to be in a mix of lots of different nationalities. We went in July, and had no trouble getting sunbeds. Also had a very nice massage and Turkish bath at the hotel. Nothing to complain about and would go there again. Nice to be a little bit out of the town ... the dolmus was really cheap and regular if you wanted to dip in.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank holidaylovers75
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This was a holiday for me and my nine year old son. I was worried that there wouldn't be enough to keep him occupied - but that wasn't the case. My overwhelming impression of the hotel was that the staff were so friendly, and did whatever they could to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. They were great with the children - there is a kids club but even for those kids that see themselves as "too cool for school", the entertainment staff are brilliant. For a single parent taking a child on holiday, this is a really good option. The food was great - varied and different every day. The hotel - and our room - was very clean. And generally, the staff were fantastic and extremely helpful. It was very multi-cultural, which made our whole holiday experience so much better all round. Ice creams are not included in the "all inclusive" package, which if you have an ice cream addict in tow (as I did) - you might be better to head to the garage down the road - which means a short walk alongside a rather fast road.

Efasus is an amazing trip and really easy to do from here, as you can do it as a half day tour (which kind of avoids a lot of the hot midday sun). Adaland was also good for a day - although you need to look out for the fact that they will charge you for everything in there - food, drinks and even the rafting. They check bags and remove food/drink before you enter. It's still a great experience, but it's worth bearing this in mind. Visiting the market in Kusadasi is also an education - but go prepared!

Generally - we couldn't have asked for a better holiday, and all credit to the managers, the animation team and the bar staff for making everyone feel so welcome and looked after. We would definitely go back here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank gromit w
Reviewed 20 August 2013

First impression nice clean hotel and friendly staff. Good variety of food , yes it is mainly salads at meal times but the hot meat options are variable . 2 or 3 choices in the buffet restaurant but at breakfast out by the pool there was a chef who does omelettes to order , at lunch a pizza and burger bar and in the evening always 2 or 3 choices being barbecued outside along with stuffed flat breads to order at the pizza/bakery. Entertainment was good and the Turkish night was an experience . The animation team were friendly and always trying to get you involved in activities which for some may be a little too much . But you are on holiday so join in . Only down side is the location as it is right on a busy road with no recognised footpath and you had to walk this for about quarter of a mile to the Dolma/bus stop to get into the town. I would definitely go back to this hotel in the future as it was enjoyable through out. The hotel also has a nice stretch of private beach which is no more than 10 minutes walk. Or if you are lazy a minibus from hotel goes to beach hourly. It is a small compact hotel rather than one of the holiday villages which I suppose is what makes it so friendly .

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the inner side of the hotel as there was some traffic noise
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Dave A
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were there 13.06-20.06.2013 only one week when we get cheap vacation. We liked so much and would like to go back there... Food was good enough(fish is amasing!) and drinks(quite strong ones)you can get 10.00-24.00. Pool area was nice and love to be there, it was really clean. Rooms were ok, shower little bit broken. Free air con and free safety in the room. Somedays we get free water to the room. Animation team was great and also rest of the staff. Hotel location is ok, free shuttle service to the beach and back, but you can walk there in few minutes. Beach is not nice, lot of rocks and corals. I didn`t visit any another beah. Kusadasi center is not far, you can get there by dolmus, it`s cheap and easy. Book trip to ephesos or adaland water park. We had so great holiday, thank you all!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank tähti a
Reviewed 31 July 2013

There was so nice hotel staff and good food. Servise was quickly and hotel was clean. Animation team was the best and friendly. It was my best holiday ever. I have been in Turkey many time, but i really like this hotel and i think i come back in next summer. I suggest this for everyone. Young people, children and adult can go there because there is something for everyone.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Ainohei
Reviewed 28 July 2013

As a non-caucasian European, I would not recommend this hotel to other travelers of the same ilk. Stayed there for a week last summer and it was my first trip to Turkey but, quite frankly, it has put me off ever visiting this country again. The staff, the reception and entertainment teams aside (who were 'friendly' only when trying to persuade me to part with my money), were disinterested and downright ignorant in some cases. The food was dull and the drinks tasted cheap and watered down. The housekeeping service was poor, with toilet tissue and clean, dry towels seemingly on rations (wet, dirty towels were placed in our room one evening). My main gripe (not entirely the fault of the hotel, to be fair) was the attitude of the majority of the other guests. They made their intolerance quite clear and despite my efforts to enjoy my holiday, the week could not come to an end quickly enough. I usually book my holidays through Thompson Holidays and I have never previously had cause for complaint, but on this occasion I departed from my tried and trusted method to my eternal regret. I complained to the travel company but was given the usual fob-off response that complaints of this nature usually engender. Hard-earned money not well spent!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family