“Great Budget Hotel :)”

Ranked #61 of 154 Hotels in Kusadasi
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Great Budget Hotel :)”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a 'cheap week' in turkey and thought we had taken a small risk with Golden gate (as I’m sure you will see there are mixed reviews)- However from the moment we arrived we were pleasantly surprised , the hotel was clean well placed and the staff were efficient, friendly and happy to help. We booked a self-catering room and were on the 3rd floor of the hotel , the room itself was decent size with ample facility’s (Fridge, kettle , cooking utensils , pots pans ect and a hob which we never actually used!) for basic meals. We had a double bed (not two single pushed together as you come to expect with ‘budget’ hotels) and a single bed spare the shower room was good size with a good water pressure and ample supply of hot water , the toilet facilities were also in a separate area to the shower. As for cleanliness the room was not spotless (but then again whose house really is!) but was certainly well maintained – I’ve never stayed in a budget hotel where the room was cleansed , mopped , sheets and towels changed every day. Air-conditioning was extra (60TL for a week) but well worth the money and cooled the room down perfectly.

We really ate in the hotel but the lunch snacks we had were all cooked freshly and very tasty and almost as cheap as the restaurants along ladies beach. The pool and surrounding areas were always clean and the pool area is great suntrap almost capturing the rays from the moment the sunrises to the moment it sets. Again the bar staff were all very friendly , happy to help and made you feel a part of the hotel rather than just a customer.

The only downside I can really think off were that were too few plug sockets in the room for all the electronic goodies we brought with us and the sheets and towel could benefit from a decent fabric softener as they tend to be scratchy against the enviable sunburnt skin.

If you are on a budget and are not expecting 5* quality I would certainly give the Golden gate a try and like me you will pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Craig W

Business
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Just got back from a weeks stay in Golden Gate! Had an excellent time there. Myself & my boyfriend who are in our mid twenties were delighted with our overall stay, staff couldn't do enough for you, they were so friendly & always wanted to help.
Swimming pool was the nicest iv been in. Loved the location as it was a 3 minute walk from ladies beach which was handy & a 10 minute walk from kusadasi itself which meant it was in a quite enough area.
Rooms are very basic which I was a bit afraid of when I first walked in but then again we only slept in the room, we didn't need it for cooking as we ate out! The rooms were cleaned every day which I thought was very good.
Only downside was the safes are down at reception I would of preferred one in the room but it was no big deal! We thought about staying in a 4* hotel next time but when we spoke to people who had stayed in one they said they wouldn't again as you weren't even allowed bring your own bottle of water in!

Golden gate was so relaxed & chilling, nothing bothered staff such as younger people messing in the pool, or eating by the pool, walking to the bar wet etc! Will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank TreetopsIre
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2012

my family and I went here from the 16th till the 23 of June. When we went into the room it was very very clean and basic, we didnt mind for all the time you will spend in it we had a 17 and a 14 year old. it seemed quite when we went in and i was worried they wouldnt enjoy it, the staff were amazing they played table tennis with them and when they were on their break they asked them to go to the beach to play soccer, our son is a very outgoing person and would talk to anyone so he went along with my daughter. the staff were very helpful, it was a perfect tim eof the year to go. we eneded up with a group of Irish for the hoildays who really made it for us, the staff every night would pull 3 tables together for us and put on sing alongs they joined in when they had finished their job, my son and daughter made friends with everyone, if you are laid back and not coplaining you will enjoy it so much, we are planning on going back next year already. We cant wait, its not a place for a crazy week away or a place for kids, my children like the quitter hotels and always made the best of it. We got a brilliant send off at 12:00 the night we were leaving all the staff and guests that we know came out to say good bye sing and dancing, it depend on who you are with and what you make of it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ashley n
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Just got back, "Thank god" 3 star i dont think so, basic rooms is an understatement. Reception staff was rude, unhelpful, As we was leaving my husband left me downstairs whilst he went up to the room to bring the last suitcase down, and I said goodbye to the manager, only to have him shout at me WHERE IS MY KEY, wow ignorant and rude. The rooms where cleaned every day cant fault the cleaners as they actually smiled and said good morning every day. but DONT waste your money. the beds was so hard we had to buy pain killers as our back, hips hurt so much.The resort was lovely just this poor quality hotel spoilt it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pam W

Travellers are raving about these Kusadasi hotels

Burnley
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My wife and I and two friends stayed at The Golden Gate Hotel on a B&B basis in July 2011. The hotel was very good. Cleaned every day. Very helpful staff. Close by is the area known as Lady beach which is very popular. The music from the clubs down there can be heard at the hotel at night as a dull 'pounding beat', but not so loud as to be a problem. The best rooms are at the back as the main road is busy for most of the night. But overall it was a great place to stay. Just a few minutes on a bus from Kusadasi town centre, which is like Aladdins cave! Very nice!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank David H
Dublin, Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 12 June 2012

i would not recommend these apartments to any1 !!staff were so rude not good at english watsoever !!the rooms were stinkin !!the cleaners hadnt a clue how to clean and i dnt think they new how to use a sweeping brush at all !!we got no free wellcoming dinner as was promised and no turkish nite !!the first 2 nights we stayed there ,there was a turkish graduation we couldnt even sit down had to leave straight away !!and i would not advise you to change ur euro in to lira in this hotel because they always give it wrong and you have to chase them for ur money !!!its not for young people at all !!!and we had to beg for towels of the cleaners whitch we still did not get !! WORSE APARTMENTS EVER !!!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank amy_lee_12
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Me and my girlfriend stay there for 7 nights . Didn't aspect to much from a 3 star but we was very nice surprised about everything . We really enjoyed every second and we will definitely comeback .

• Stayed July 2011