“Kusadasi fan”

Golden Moon Apart Hotel
Ranked #42 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Golden moon apart hotel, in mid July 14 for two weeks, With my mother and teenage son and sons friend, the four of us fit quite happily in one apartment. On late arrival we were put into a side room of the hotel, I always look at the view as soon as I get into the room, it wasn't a good view on a lower level looking at local apartments and a scrubland area, I spoke to the porter who said to see the desk in morning, with that we headed out to enjoy our favourite part of Turkey. The manager next morning was very helpful, and gave me two keys to look at a choice of rooms to swap, deciding on room 707 top floor to the back of hotel gave us views of both sides of bird island looking onto two sea views and glorious sunsets, at no extra cost we were very happy. We bought air conditioning at a local rate of £52 for a two week stay, to our disappointment we soon discovered, that it only worked when windows and patio doors were shut as there are sensors on them to trigger air conditioning, now we are lovers of the free flow of fresh air, and always have our patio doors open through the day, so felt rather cheated by our air con purchase, we resolved the issue by opening the room door whilst in the room, wedged open with a small table, this allowed a free air flow from the corridor of the hotel and kept us cooler but we found was very noisy. The waiters of the hotel were great, helpful and pleasant, except one who chose who he wanted to speak to despite my friendly polite gestures! The shop in the hotel by the pool was pretty well stocked and not too pricey, they even had a fridge with ham and cheese and cold cartons of juice eggs etc..but no fresh Strawberry ice lollies!! Frucate must've stopped doing them! Booooo! The staff of the shop were an old couple both absolutely lovely people who had made positive efforts to learn the polite conversation of greeting the English, they never seemed to know their prices too well and we often got charged double or half of what we were charged the day before.Across the main road at front of hotel was a larger shop selling spit roasted chickens for 10 lira each, they pack them in tin foil and send small tubs of spices to sprinkle if needed, although extremely tasty and piping hot for balcony home meals. The easiest way into kervansaray and bar street area, was out of the main gates. Turn left, then right, past a taxi rank and shops, then the road goes down to the left, along a steep banked small road strewn with little quirky shops including two tailor alteration shops which we used to a very cheap result. halway down are two puppy labs with a mother chained up all day and night although the pups run free, please feed and water them like we did, It takes around ten minutes to reach the bottom which spills out into the hustle bustle of bar street and shops, females be aware,,,, I was sexually assaulted one very late night walking back to hotel on my own, followed and attacked by a scruffy looking Turkish guy, luckily a shop owner I knew saved me and chased him off, this hasn't put me off I will just make sure next time I'm not alone, our party split which led to this incident. Kusadasi is a beautiful port, it will always remain my favourite. Golden moon is a clean happy hotel and nothing Is too much trouble for them, across the road on a tuesday there is a market of fruit, veg, spices olive oil and eggs cheese, and a small clothes market adjoined ..worth a visit, the rest of kusadasi is the jewel in the crown I will be back soon.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank DJLadyPrecious

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just got back from 2 weeks in the golden moon and as a family of 4 we have really enjoyed our stay. Yes the hotel is situated on a rather steep hill but it is a great location to serve both ladies beach and the centrum/bar street. This was the first time in Kusadasi and we really enjoyed the town and will defo be going back and would defo book the Golden moon again.
P.S the cleanliness of this hotel is remarkable.

2  Thank batnballs45
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from staying 1 week at the golden moon. We only booked it a few weeks ago so wasn't sure what to expect but I can't fault anything about the hotel for the price we paid. The rooms were clean the the hotel was nice and quiet at night time. The food was nice never had a bad meal and the prices are probably cheaper than out on the town. We had two kids aged 7 and 4 the staff were brilliant with them and we had a good laugh with them very easy to talk too the kids were in tears when we had to leave had a few great nights up in the roof bar met some great people of all ages and had great fun. If your looking for a cheap holiday to chill out relax then I would recommend the golden moon

4  Thank John Y
Reviewed 23 July 2014

this hotel is a must to stay in, fabulous manager and brilliant staff throughout, also very clean. definately wouldnt stay any where its else local for everything. just spent a fantastic 2 weeks there and have done for past few year ... once again thank you golden moon for a fab holiday miss u alll already .

Room Tip: all rooms are brilliant
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank carradejan
Reviewed 22 July 2014

stayed at the golden moon for last four years.....this is one of the best apartments in kusadasi, friendly helpful staff and brilliant atmosphere for young and old. food is reasonably priced and delicious. pool with jacuzzi and kids area aswell as a pool side bar. rooms are clean and fresh towels and bedding changed regularly. town centre is 10 mins walk and buses run to beach location and marina/town centre. supermarkets right on door step. room service available if feeling rough after heavy night on drink. only returned on 21st just and looking to book for september again.....love this place and would recommend anyone to try the goldenmoon as your stay there will be just what your looking for.

Room Tip: all rooms have a different view and same amount of noise level which is at night is no different fro...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Sylvia W
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here with my family of 10 for two weeks
Staff are very courteous and polite, restaurant is both reasonably priced and quick to Serve food, rooms are big and very clean and towels / linen changed regularly, have stayed in kusadasi on numerous occasions and this would be my first choice if I come next year
My complements to manager and staff

1  Thank Pbarry1
Reviewed 15 July 2014

had our third holiday at this hotel. the place has had a facelift since last year. no problems are a matter of course at this hotel. the staff are very friendly and eager to help when requested. 2 lifts at reception serve all rooms so ideal if you are not good at stairs. the nearness of town center is good . just 1.75 tl on a bus. or if you`r fit walk there in about 12-15 mins down the step hill. returning takes much longer. we look to return yet again next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple