“Great Stay!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kusadasi
Ranked #6 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights when we did a family vacation to Ephesus and the surrounding areas. When we arrived the manager saw that I was a Hilton Honors Gold status member and offered to upgrade my room to an ocean view. Since we needed more beds we declined the offer. The hotel is wonderful and the staff was very helpful. We relaxed in the evening s at the world class pool and were treated we ll. I recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Thanks for making our stay so special!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fred M

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Marvelous hotel and staff! Everyone was very helpful. Breakfast was great. Our GPS had some issues finding the location, but we worked that problem out. We would definitely stay here again if we were in Kusadasi!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel was pleasant and a nice stay. I like the pool setup and found it relaxing. The location made it very easy to meet up with other friends vacationing in the area.
Wifi is paid, although not an exorbitant cost. In July 2014, it was 10TL per day. The problem is that it's only for 2 devices.
However, there were lots of small things that I found irksome. When they brought me to my room, there was no complimentary water and the tea/coffee supplies were missing. The bellhop said he'd bring them, and fix my key (that didn't work), but this never happened. I had to call to get the water brought up.
The ice machine on the floor didn't work, and I called the front desk. About an hour later they called to see if I wanted ice.
The button on the phone coded for room service went to automatic wake-up instead. After I had made a room service order, they called back to see if I really wanted the room service.
Even though I had a late checkout and a Do Not Disturb sign on my door, they knocked to see if I was checking out.
Finally, I could not find a fresh towel by the pool when I went out there at about 6 pm the first night. I also didn't see anybody walking around to ask for one.
At breakfast I had to get up and pour myself my own refill of coffee since nobody came around in the hour or so that I was there.
Again, these are just small details, but they're enough for me to not stay here again or recommend it to friends. At this sort of hotel, you expect for everything to be easy, and the customer should not have to work hard in order to get service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank saltinet
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel is the best one to stay around Kusadasi. Quality and hospitality is excellent. I strongly recommend anybody for any reason. The roof restaurant has spectacular view. Moreover, food is very delicious and service is very fast. Price is also reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Ayfer V
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We liked the location, and the hotel itself was great. The staff on the other hand was very rude, check in took a long time and there's no free wifi, my biggest gripe. All over Turkey we stayed in all sorts of places, everyone offered free wifi. Except this Hilton. Not sure if its the policy of the chain, but it was quite annoying. We had connecting rooms which were clean and the decor was nice. We didn't use the pool or breakfast. We had a rental, and the hotel offers parking in an underground garage, which was nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SGZZ13
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just across the marina, right place to sun down. Nice view, good food, polite staff, excellent facilities. It is Double Tree by Hilton, but better than many Hiltons. Close to the markets, port and many activities, also has its own agora. Historical suits (seperate from the main building) are over all classifications. Perfect place to stay...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Murat B
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Not sure what all the negative reviews are about. We were more than pleased with the hotel. We had lowered our expectations based on the TripAdvisor reviews, but felt like we were staying at a hotel in the West upon arrival. No complaints on the room or customer service. They even give you their signature cookie upon checkin. We had an issue on the bill at checkout and management took care of it no questions asked. The location of the hotel is incredible - it's a short walk to nearby shops and restaurants. Plenty to choose from. The water is right across the street and is beautiful.

2 Negatives:
1. The shower was a little dirty. Could have been cleaner...however, was not unbearable or unusable.
2. They do not let you bring food into the room from outside restaurants - we wanted to eat pizza on our terrace one night and they refused. Apparently this is the way they get you to order food from their onsite restaurant. Not happy about that!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple