“great holiday”

Fantasia Hotel De Luxe Kusadasi
Ranked #35 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 11 October 2013

first class hotel could not fault it all staff were friendly had no problems with reception staff all that we had contact with spoke English, bar staff were brilliant no queing at the bar waiter service always ready to get you another drink before you had finnished the one you had, yes sometimes they got it wrong because of the language difference but you could always make yourself understood was not a problem, all staff at this hotel were friendly and helpfully cant understand what people have to moan about, plenty of food, yes you sometimes had to mix and match to make meal but the standard was good and you would always find something. if you turn left outside the hotel towards the bazzar there is a small resturant/bar called reis bar it is family run and they are really friendly, they do a good breakfast or bacon sandwich if you fancy a change and a nice t bone steak, the internet is also free, the only fault with this hotel is the price of th wifi,

3  Thank john L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I spent a lovely, relaxing week at the fantasia with my 16 year old son.
We arrived around 10pm, to a very warm welcome, the staff were very well organised.
Our room was lovely, modern and very clean, our room was on the outside corner of the hotel, giving us a stunning view from the balcony, and an even better one from the window.
The restaurant opens at 11pm for one hour, by then we were just glad of something to eat, so not that fussy about what was in offer. However, the choices at other mealtimes was far greater. I wouldn't say the food was amazing, but there are many choices. The only thing we were disappointed with is the selection of desserts.
There is never a problem finding somewhere to sit for a drink, the inside bar is never busy, your drinks are replaced as soon as your glass is empty.
The pool areas are all good, plenty of sunbeds, and you don't need to be up at 6am to reserve one, there were always plenty available at 10am.
As for location, the hotel is close to a very busy road, there is a bazaar about 10 minutes walk away, if your don't mind walking beside a busy road. We took a dolmus into kusadasi, it's very cheap, but can get packed, not much fun in that temperature!
The only thing letting the hotel down, is having to pay for wifi, and when you do so, unless your pay for wifi for each member of the party you can't all use it at the same time.
Overall, a very good holiday, would I return?? Yes!! Without a doubt!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We have just returned from a brilliant holiday arranged through "Flights and Packages" which was a week on a Gullet and a week at the Fantasia Delux in Kusadasi. I will review the Gullet separately but the smooth travel arrangements from the agents eventually led us to the hotel and I must say our first view was the stunning reception. Our room was superb and the bed linen was changed every couple of days. We had stunning views of both the swimming pool and the sea. The rest of the hotel was also really nice with the first large family and children's pool having a lively atmosphere with music etc. The next pool was equally large but more for the peaceful bathers. Towels provided. There are also little terraces dotted about providing further private areas. The beach is a man made sandy beach with its own private pier leading to two cabanas which are available for hire, right out in the middle of the sea, sheer indulgence. Now down to the main issue for most people, the food. It was excellent, plentiful,varied and good quality and the staff were all brilliant, smiling, helpful couldnt fault them. There is no issues with getting whatever drinks you want and the alcohol and cocktails are plentiful. (the only one we couldnt get was rum) Unfortunately the two a l carte restaurants were closed end of season so I can't comment on them. The local Dolmus stopped right outside the hotel and cost 2 lira each to go into the town and drops you back at the hotel gate. We loved our stay and everything about this excellent hotel and its lovely staff. I would deffinitely recommend it and when you read the reviews remenber "you can't please everyone, there is always someone who will find fault no matter what.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to a sea view room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RobinB422
Reviewed 7 October 2013

When I had booked this holiday I spent the following months going through and reading all of the reviews to see what I was to be let in for. I intend to give you as much detail as possible in this review.

I went with my family and my partner came along too (party of 6) we vary of all ages from 20-78!) When we landed at the airport we quickly sorted our luggage and easily found the family rep for first choice who was very friendly. We got onto the right bus and set on our way to the hotel. The journey was 1.5 hours and the bus driver was very reluctant to put the air conditioning on which made the journey uncomfortable. Luckily we were all in high spirits so it didn't bother us that much.

When we arrived at the hotel we were offered a fruity non- alcoholic cocktail which was pleasant and we were checked in very quickly and whisked up to our room by the bell boy. After reading lots of reviews of people having issues with reception staff I can state that I found them all to be smiley, pleasant and helpful. There was a slight language barrier though but as long as you are patient there is no issue. The hotel itself is very impressive looking especially in the foyer.. We didnt arrive at the hotel until; 11:30pm but there is a midnight buffet everynight from 11:30-12:30 which offers basic yet hot and filling food. For example there was soaghetti bolagnaise, soup, rice pastas etc.

The rooms were lovely, nice decor and clean. You are only issued 1 room key and are not allowed another one so one of the issues we faced was when you take the key out of the slot to leave to room for the day to air con is turned off meaning you return to a very warm room which took a few hours to cool down again. We resolved this issue by placing a packet of sugar into the slot (try it!). The rooms were cleaned everyday but I did end up with a bed sheet with some blood spots on it once, this was sorted quickly for me. The mini bar is not part of the all inclusive deal but we did have a few bits and bobs out of it. It's not an absolute rip off though we paid 22TL for a can of fanta, and 2 beers.

Breakfast is not very good. I have stayed in a lot of all incusive hotels so am used to the kind of thing they serve and usaully get along fine with it but there was not much to be desired with this one. They had lots of nice breads, conserves, cereals, fruit but for someone like me who loves a fry up there was scrambled egg but soaking wet with water, sausages were like salami, baked beans, some form of sauteed mushroom and tomato and that was about it. However service as usual is absolutely fault-less. They are fast and clean the tables within seconds making it available for the next family.

The pool is always kept spotless and there is always someone sweeping, cleaning, collecting glasses so it always looks nice. The pool varies from 1.5m-3m deep which shocked me when i ju,ped in the 3m end without realising. Be careful with children! There is also a little kiddies pool and a jacuzzi pool in the same area. If you go down about 5 steps there is another pool which is called the relax pool which is more for people that want to chill rather than get involved in the action. Each pool has it's own bar with very funny and attentive barmen. (shout out to Ozzy the barman). We never had an issue with sunbeds on the holiday.

The animation team are brilliant throughout the day and are always offering activities and sports to do for all ages throughout the day. For example, darts, water polo, beach volley, step aerobicsa, aqua gym and even silly little pool games like "catch the stick". They are all lovely people with great senses of humour and me and my boyfriend got along with them brilliantly. Big shout out to Kyle, Mikey and Max they made our holiday. Hello baby!

Lunch is an easier meal to find something you like. You have several options. You can go to the main buffet where they offer an enourmous salad bar, chips, passta, rice, grilled meats and fish, vegetables, potato. I really enjoyed the lunch at the main buffet. You could also go to the restaurant by the pool which is a little more complex. From 12:30 - 14:30 you can order cheese/ham burger and chips or pizza or spaghetti type things. From 15:30 you can either have jacket potato (which tasted like they had been cooked for a year) or you could try a turkish pizza which wasn't particually nice and the pizza man had a serious attitude problem towards english. We made it our aim for you day to be as nice to him as possible but we never got a smile out of him he just throws the pizza on a plate and points at it and turns away. Oh well! There is also a selection of ice creams at this time which are delicious!!! At 5ish they put some little cakes and nibbles out in the same restaurant but when we tried them they were stale. A big shout out to the lady who made Turkish Pies everyday, they are delicious! They are similar to crepes and you can have them with either sugar or goats cheese and spinach which she then cooks on a griddle. DELISH!

Maybe I have been spoilt with the beaches onprevious holidays but I hated the beach! You walk down the stairs and come out on a small beach where the sand looks like industrial sand and is thinly spread, there are always plenty of sunbeds. You are not able to walk along the sea front as in front of the sunbeds is a concrete strip and then some ladders which you are supposed to climb into the sea from. The sea is very deep! If you come down the steps and turn right you walk 2 minutes and you can find a small section where you can go into the sea from the shore thats much more pleasant and we saw lots of little fish swimming by our feet. There is a big pier which you can walk along which is nice as you see lots of fish and we even saw 2 sting rays! Some of the braver people were diving off this! There is also a water sports section called "shark!" they have lots of variety of what you can do and it is very reasonably priced comparing to other holiday. From the top of my head 35 euro for 15mins jet ski-ing.

Dinner was much the same as lunch - delicious and lots of variety for all tastes and nationalities. I'm no pudding person but my family loved the massive range of puddings there was. They all look amazing! Waiting service is again top notch and very efficient. We did struggle to find a table for 6 a few times though at 8pm, by half 8 there is space to breathe again! We didnt try and of the restaurants.

Evening entertainment is what is to be expected for an all inclusive hotel. There was a circus cabre night, a best couple night (which we won!), a comedy night, etc. There was a kenyan night which was fantastic. The Turkish night was not sucessful as they gathered a crowd, had somoene belly dancer (very well) for 5 minutes and then put the football on! I retired to the bar!

Every other day the animation team gather of group of young people who want to go and party in Kusudasi which me, my brother and my boyfriend attended 3 times! We went to bar street (which is crazy) twice and "Ex Club" once which was also crazy. We loved it!

Just watch the blonde members of the family, being one myself you get a lot of attention and i had some sleezy comment smade to me by staff. The majority wouldnt dream of it but some of them do if they think they can. The SPA chap running around trying to make you buy spa packages was one of these.

I hope you enjoy your holiday and hope my review helped a bit. You will get what you put in so be friendly and join in!

Room Tip: Floor 7 was quiet and i had an amazing view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Tasmin B
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We found the hotel clean and friendly there is a beautiful view, bar services was better than most.
The worst aspect about this hotel was the food, the quality just was not there, there was plenty of choice, but the food was just poor, we know there is not going to be pork sausage, bacon, but I was in a food line for a fried egg! same with toast in the morning, there was no toasting bread, so you queued for the cutting and the one toaster that didn't toast.
I seen people queuing up outside, I thought this is where the carvery must be, it was chips and kebab meat, total lack of decent protein.

My other issue would be the beach? it was man made and was a peer so no walking in to the sea, there was no toilet, so if needing the loo you had to climb 39 steps, yes I counted, the sun shades are chest height and I hit my head several times a day the sunbeds were weird and hard to set up, the other two pools looked fine, but seriously if you are a little infirm in climbing steps this might not be the hotel for you.

6  Thank Fred M
Reviewed 1 October 2013

On arrival check in was quick and easy. The hotel foyer is very impressive. Had room on the third floor with views over bay, and local area. Entry to room is a flat key which is swiped across key pad after pressing middle button. Takes awhile to get used to it. Safe costs £20 refundable deposit. Bathroom had hand held shower which was a pain and a plug in the sink which didn't fit.There is a fridge in the room with a payable mini bar but this came in useful when putting milk in for a morning tea and coffee. There are tea and coffee making facilities but there is only creamer available.A fresh bottle of water every day in room There is also a hairdyer available to use. The room had air con which was left on all day with little effect.The main downside to the room was being able to hear the call for morning prayers everyday at around 6am, please take ear plugs if a light sleeper. The hotel is very deceptive we never found our way around it and we were there for a week. There are 3 pools - indoor, salt water , and normal. There is a man made beach with a jetty and steps to go down into the water. There are bars which open at 10am by both outdoor pools and beach.
You could eat at this hotel most of the day. We arrived at 10pm to be informed that there was a light supper from 11.30pm until 12.30pm!!!. Breakfast starts at 7am, then there is continental breakfast, lunch, afternoon baked potatoes, sandwiches and ice cream to be followed by cakes and tea at around 5pm. the dinner at 7pm ! I put on 4lbs in weight .
There are also 3 al-a carte restaurants - sea food, Turkish and international included in your stay. All inclusive drinks stop at midnight.
There is a large comfortable bar inside the hotel, with a games room,with a good second hand book selection internet room .
On the second floor there are a number of shops which have prices in euros. Euros are popular in kusadasi due to the cruise ships . Excursions are in English sterling or euros ( Thomas Cook) .I got a bad exchange rate when paying in Turkish lira. A trip you must do is Ephesus , this is local and worth visiting. Another trip is getting the local dolmus from outside the hotel into kusadasi for the market on a wed afternoon costs around £1 each way
WI Fi is not free in the hotel but if you turn right ourside the hotel there are 2 bars where you can get it for the price of a drink. Also 5 min walk right of the hotel is a mini market /bazaar ( at the traffic lights ) that sells everything ( fake)
The hotel has loads of steps so please remember this when booking. I did see one gentleman with an invalid scooter bombing around though.
There is an entertainment team who try hard and at times be quite funny. They have their own stage.
Would I go back definitely yes, all the staff are friendly and helpful.
Thank you for a lovely holiday I now just have to get this weight of :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sandraAnne279
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Not long back from Kusadasi and the Fantasia De luke hotel so here is my review. Firstly we flew into Bodrum and the transfer time is over 2 hours. Got to the hotel in the small hours of the morning but check in was quick and we were given fresh juice to drink.

HOTEL....The hotel is very good although situated about 5km from Kusadasi You can catch a Dolmus bus outside the hotel for 2 turkish lira (2 tl) but be very careful when trying to cross the road. The dolmus run to midnight and are like a mini bus. Staff are pleasant and helpful and the hotel is kept very clean. Rooms are spacious with a balcony and the air conditioning is a treat. A large bottle of water is delivered free of charge to your room every day. There is a multi-channel tv in the room but oh boy I just wish they had Sky News on it. CNN and BBC world news are crap There is tea/coffee making facility provided.
The hotel is tiered..eg from the reception area you go downstairs to a bar and you can sit outside Then you can go down to another level to a Turkish bath and playroom area, from there you go down another tier to the main swimming pool area and a place where you can sit and have a drink, from here...you get the picture, just keep going down. Right at the bottom you will discover a private beach. Oh yes and if you are all inclusive you do not wear an armband, you are given what they call a passport although we were never asked to produce it.

FOOD AND DRINK....Right if you want home style cooking then forget about it and I'm glad of that because if I go abroad I want to experience how people live and eat. Food is spicy but lovely. Breakfast is awash with wide range of cheese, salad, fresh fruit and even soup. You can have scrambled egg, fried egg, boiled egg and omelettes and sausages (remember they are not the type you get at home). The main meal has a wide variety of choice also. You can book a la carte at 3 different restaurants within the hotel complex. International cuisine, Turkish and fish. We opted for the International and Turkish. The International was superb but we were disappointed with the Turkish fare. We ordered skewered lamb chops only to be given what I think was lamb mince wrapped in a pitta roll. Others were equally disappointed as plates were not fully eaten.
Not being a spirit or cocktail drinker, I drank the local beer which is called Efes. Well it’s alright but certainly not like the continental beers you would get elsewhere say in Spain. The wines are not bad and there is a good variety of cocktails but not so sure of their spirit content.

Entertainment…. This is entirely down to your taste. I found it not too bad and the animation team in fairness work hard. I was impressed with the Turkish night which had a belly dancer. The Egyptian night was very good also. This runs from 10 pm to 11pm in the theatre area.

Excursions….. Beware of trips!! We booked the full day Ephesus & House of the Virgin Mary tour with the Thompson/Regal travel rep called Alex. He said they were the cheapest at 45 Euro. No..as we could have booked it cheaper if we had shopped around in Kusadasi. I asked the question if we would be brought to a carpet factory as some companies do this to try and get you to buy. He mumbled and guess what !!..we were not only brought to a ceramic factory but also a leather factory where we had to sit thru’ a catwalk show of leather jackets. And at half price the cheapest was over £1000!!! This all eats in to your time spent at Ephesus. Aprrox 1 hour lost. The tour guide was not that good but the next day we went to the ancient ruins of Priene/Miletos and Didyma (35 Euro) and the young guide was exceptional. He is doing a masters in tourism and you could see he enjoyed his job. Took a boat trip to the Greek island of Samos (30 Euro) which is nice but hard to spend a full day in unless you’ re a shopping freak. We went to the mountain village of Sirince. We took a Dolmus to Selcuk from Kusadasi costing 5 Turkish lira and then a dolmus to the village costing 3 TL each. If you do it thru’ an official tour it will cost you 30 Euro each, It is beautiful and all the streets are cobbled but can be difficult to get round if you are not able limbed .

Overall impression…. The Fantasia is a very nice hotel and is perfect if you want to lounge about the pool/beach and catch the sun. Kusadasi did not impress me at all. Hated the hassle from the shop owners trying to get you to buy as you walked down the streets and they say Bodrum is even worse. The historical sites are good but I kept comparing them to Pompeii and Herculaneum in Italy which is unfair.

Room Tip: ask for room on higher floor
3  Thank Pat01