“Nice, relaxing, friendly hotel”

Fantasia Hotel De Luxe Kusadasi
Ranked #36 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 12 June 2009

We (2 M) had a very nice and pleasant stay at this hotel.
The main swimming pool is great (max dept 3.25m), very friendly staff although their languages are not splendid.
Great food at the restaurant, always a lot of choice even for people who don't want to gain weight (they have a diet choice).
We had a lot of nice encounters with other people especially 4 Iranian people (1M, 3F) was worth it. It's a pitty we didn't exchange email to keep in touch.
period: 03/06/09 - 10/06/09

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank igi_pop20

Reviewed 11 June 2009

We have just had a great half term @ the Fantasia. The kids who are 12 & 9 loved every minute, they didnt do kids club as they had too much fun with new friends they had made, Although they would manage to sit down & have dinner with us they would soon be up & off to watch the evening entertainment. They loved the lunch time snack bar as did we the specials each day were lovely especially the meat balls. The snack bar opens @ 12.30 if you were there for then you got a table straight away & the service was very good, kids loved the Turkish pizzas cooked to order.The weather was a dream never saw a cloud! We didnt have a great view if I went again I would request sea view but as we were never in our room it wasnt an issue. We enjoyed the water sports although these are not free. The beach volley ball was played twice a day which was good fun.Evening meal & breakfast were of a good standard & you would have to be very fussy to not like anything out of that choice, Rose & white wine were good but red left a little to be desired.The one thing that really stood out to me about this hotel was the cleanliness & how hard the staff work. So if you are going lucky you & we will visit there again i'm sure. The setting is beautiful and the sunsets with a cocktail in your hand is the way to go, but if you do leave the hotel & go to town take GB pounds you know then where you are when bartering & they want pounds.It is a slightly isolated hotel but once there I was more than happy for a week to stay put & relax. Oh but if you want to work out go for a run dont rely on poorly equipped gym.Top tip not for the less able as lots of steps to beach & a definete no go for disabled access.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank LincolnAlex
Reviewed 7 June 2009

What can i say but 'what a great time'. The hotel was brilliant and the choice of food unbelievable, over 20 deserts every day. The on site turkish bath and massages were to die for and Lavent was lovely and very helpful. Food and most drinks were free. the pool and beach was very clean and relaxing and not overcrowded. We had sunbeds everyday. The staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. It was great for all age groups and we spent our evenings drinking cocktails in the Ballade bar. It is a multi-national hotel and catered for every taste.The entertainment was lacking but that may be due to the time of year. Also the rep was only interested in selling us trips, though this wasn't the fault of the hotel. The bus stop is also just outside the hotel as it's about 5 km from Kusadasi town. I would definatey return there as it was a great week.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank smileymelly
Reviewed 7 June 2009

We returned from our holiday on 15th May after 7 fabulous days, the hotel was all we expected & more. The staff were extremely helpful and the spa was fantastic. The food as you would expect was turkish but I who am a fussy eater did not go hungry. The local tours we took arranged at the tour shop along the road were fantastic and much cheaper than our tour operator. And if you go try the parasailing, easy & great fun the views were great & the lads on board videoed it for us .Kusadasi is only a short dolmus ride away with plenty of shops, and we were not hassled that much but you do need to barter if you buy.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2009

My friend and I booked to stay at this hotel via a package holiday for a very low price during the end of May/beginning of June and found it to be very comfortable and very good value for money.

A lot of the previous reviewers appear to have found facilities that we didn't, but to me it's a measure of how good the hotel was that we didn't miss them. The hotel as a whole does tend to cater for the package (all inclusive) type crowd as the main dining areas that my friend and I frequented were all buffet style type affairs. The variety and quantity of food was good, although the tastes were quite bland - this is understandable given the range of different backgrounds and countries that make up this hotel's clientele.

I will refrain from describing the hotel in general as previous reviews have done this already, suffice to say that the room allocated to us was extremely spacious and didn't lack any of the creature comforts that one could possibly want. The staff were attentive and responsive to our queries, although without wishing to sound officious the general level of spoken English wasn't very high, but through a combination of gestures and repeating phrases slowly we were understood and the staff were very helpful.

Once again, it is a measure of the quality of the hotel that the staff (and an embarrassing example of my lack of knowledge of any other language apart from English) that they proved to be as helpful as they did.

The hotel does offer water sport facilities such as jet skiing and parasailing (to name but two) - I can personally vouch for the fact that as a previous jet skiing virgin, the activity is TREMENDOUSLY fun, and that the instructors/life guards tuition was brief, yet very thorough and covered everything I had to know - and they took their job very seriously, ensuring that both my friend and I were appropriately dressed (including lifejacket). As I can't swim, you can imagine that I don't say this lightly !

Although we didn't visit or stay at any other hotels in Kusadasi, our personal feelings were that you could do a lot worse staying at other hotels, a view which was also reflected by comments made by guests staying at other hotels that we met on the coach. Personally I would recommend this hotel without hesitation if you ever need to stay in the Kusadasi area.

Also - a quick mention to a couple we met in the same hotel with the initials of S & A - you know who you are ! Thank you for making the meal out so memorable - both my friend and I have since mentioned we haven't laughed as much as we did that night for ages. Thank you !

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2009

The only thing i could complain about with regard to this hotel is that the airconditioning is switched off from 1am to 6pm leaving only the fan, but if you leave your balcony doors opened then you can usually get to sleep ok.

There is plenty of choice for food and every evening something fresh is prepared on the grill outside, this ranges from fresh trout to meats and other items to tempt your palate.

Overall i would highly recommend this value for money hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rites
Reviewed 2 June 2009

5 Star deluxe it may be but the food,drink and pool staff are 2 star or less. My review is long but honest. This was our 7th time to Turkey accumilating around 3 months in total, although this was our first and last time to Kusadasi.

Firstly i have to agree with the review below as our daughter and another teenager she met at the hotel, were frightened and followed within the hotel. The turkish lads that were following them (in their 20`s), kept asking them to go down the beach. I mean come on the girls are both only 13 years old..! The other girls dad followed them to the lifts which stopped on the 8th floor. He then told security who couldn`t speak very good english, so the receptionist translated. The security needs to get a grip because after constantly telling them about the 8th floor, they turned around and said they would search on the beach..!
This was a family holiday and my girlfriend and daughter was also followed by turkish lads after they went to the shop within the hotel. I thought they were paranoid. So they found me in my usual place (The bar) and all of a sudden the two lads they described also turned up, sat down and gave constant looks. We left and went to our room.

The outward flight was delayed by 3 hours but that has nothing to do with the hotel so i cannot comment on this. There are thermal cameras at Izmir airport checking for temperature rises in your body with regards to Swine Flu but strangely enough not at Birmingham.

Welcome to Saga, this hotel is used by mainly older people, middle aged and above. They seem to consist of Dutch, Belgians, Turks, Russians and British (about 20 to 25%).

CATS...- I`m not much of a cat lover at all. There are at least 25-30 ferrell cats roaming the hotel, pool area, food areas and gardens. They do scratch and try to claw you if annoyed. My girlfriend and our daughter found this out as they smuggled food out of the restaurant and hand fed them every night in the gardens outside the front of the hotel.
TRANSFERS FROM IZMIR... - More than an hour as advertised and the coach park is a good walk from the airport doors.
FOYER... - Gorgeous, Marble everywhere and as you go down the stairs there are fountains. Looks absolutely lovely.
RECEPTION... - Very efficient
BELL BOYS... - Very quick and efficient
HOUSEKEEPING... - Very good and we tipped the maid on the final day.
ROOMS... - Bigger than the usual and quite nice. Beds ok, TV has about 5 or 6 English speaking channels, Air con good. 3 of us in one room and the smallest wardrobe on the planet. I opened the two sliding doors and found i could hang only 3 or 4 items in each of them. Mini bar is full and unbelievably everything is chargeable.! Having already read this, we took 2 pound coins and bought 4 bottles of water on the transfer coach to stick in the fridge.
LOCATION... - The hotel is in the middle of nowhere. There is a shop and a bar at the end of the driveway at the security gate. The end of the driveway is on a very busy dual carriageway. We did take a taxi twice into Kusadasi which costs around 19 Lira there and 16 back to the hotel.
POOLS... - The 2 outdoor pools are cold but you do get used to the temperature after a minute or so. The indoor pool was warm. The pool areas are used at night and are not cleaned very well. We found sticky cola on the little tables by the sunbeds on a few mornings.
Caution...The outdoor pools both have steep drops. I`m about 6ft so the quieter pool has a gradual slope starting at my chest height and then drops steeply at the line printed on the floor down to 2.4 metres. The bigger pool starts at ankle height with a gradual slope and gets deeper, at the line there is a steep drop down to 3.1 metres.
SPA... - Brilliant. The 3 of us had a Turkish Bath and full body massage they wanted £145 for it but we bartered them down to £120 (£40 each), this was actually the best i had ever had in Turkey. Warning to the men though, the man that massages you does get quite close to personal parts.
GYM...- Didn`t use it. Far too physical on holiday..!
FOOD... - Very repetitive. Basically it seemed the same food every night with just a few changes, this could also be said for lunch, same old same old. Breakfast was funny, every morning mixed vegetables were available. Which nation eats that when you have just woken up.? But, to be fair there was a mixture of pastries, hard boiled eggs, toast and cereal on offer. Also Soft brown or white crusty bread. The chef at the outside cooking station made omelettes and fried eggs.
The restaurant... Was buffet and on an evening if you don’t get there when it starts then it’s just like a cattle market. People pushing past you and rushing to jump queues is not my idea of a 5 star hotel. When you walk into the restaurant you are not seated but have to find a place yourself and it’s difficult to find if someone is already sitting there because the waiters are very slow to clear away. NOT 5 Star..!
The snack bar (Allegro bar)..., has the world’s worst shocking service. Example...We waited 20 minutes for a table. When we had our seat there was a menu with about 10 items on it. We asked for 2 colas, a cheeseburger and chips and a freshly made pizza. The waiter said, " i only take drink orders". This came 10 minutes later with still no food order taken. I stood up and walked over to a waiter and gave him the order. The cheeseburger was out within 2 or 3 minutes. My girlfriend ate it all and the waiter cleared away her plate etc. 15 minutes further on i lost my temper and went over to the manager explaining that i was still waiting for my food and explained that if we wanted to eat separately, then we would had taken separate tables..! All he could do was blame the chef when clearly it wasn’t the chef’s fault.! NOT 5 STAR..!
Entertainment... - We didn`t really watch the evening entertainment but during the day Troy was brilliant involving everyone. If you don`t want to play or be involved then the whole entertainment staff respect your wishes and move on without harassing you. I have to mention Troy again though he was funny, kid loving, entertaining and very friendly.
DRINKS... - Coffee and Tea good. Do not expect to get even slightly tipsy drinking alcoholic drinks. They have the weakest alcoholic content that i have ever had the misfortune to have tried, (That is if it contains any at all, i would say it doesn’t). My better half requested a Bacardi and Coke and we were told we couldn’t have one because it wasn’t included on the all inclusive. I immediately stated that i would pay as i was aware of this. The bar manager then came over and said the same thing even though i clearly had a 50 Lira note on the bar in front of me. They eventually understood that i would pay and the measure was about a third of what you would get in the UK. The bar staff around the pool areas were not too dissimilar. It was like it was an effort to serve you. It was like they were volunteers and not paid staff. The service for both food and drink was shocking even by 2 star standards. NOT 5 STAR..!
WEDDING EVENT...- There was a wedding by the main pool. This left a skeleton staff for food and drinks service and we felt neglected. We watched all the attention they were paying towards the wedding and the next day it was back to normal. The only time staff really made an effort was when one of the managers was around that area. Then you would see cleaning, polishing, sweeping and actually trying to act professional. As soon as the manager left the scene it was once again back to normal.
BEACH...- We didn`t use it. It looks nice but there is a straight drop into the sea with a depth of 2 metres and no barriers to stop small children falling into the sea.
KUSADASI... - Seems to cater for the cruise ships and the Irish. I was constantly asked if i was Irish even when i was clearly wearing an England Shirt.

OVERALL ... - We wouldn’t recommend this hotel because of the Turkish lads and our daughter. The Hotel is a very beautiful place but the service was dire. I pay extra to go 5 Star as a treat for my family as i work awkward hours. For this i expect 5 Star service and they have the cheek to call it deluxe..!

By the way, we wanted to keep the room on as our transfer back wasn`t until 10pm and you have to vacate it as the norm by 12noon. We did so at the cost of £40 until 6pm. Izmir airport as all Turkish airports is a rip off (Burger and chips £10-ish)

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family