“Gorgeous hotel, good food however very very unfriendly guests!!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Fantasia Deluxe

Hotel Fantasia Deluxe
Ranked #29 of 147 Hotels in Kusadasi
Dungannon, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous hotel, good food however very very unfriendly guests!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

Hotel Fantasia is a beautiful hotel, very luxurious decor and the rooms are very nice. We didn't have a balcony in our room and asked for a room with a balcony (however I know we were lucky to have a room as some guests ended up staying in the basement as hotel had overbooked!!). We were moved the next morning, however not issued another room until 2pm (this wasn't a problem as we were at the beach all day anyway so didn't go looking for our room until 7pm!!). The beds in the bedrooms are brilliant, big thick mattress and down feather pillows and duvet!!

Please do look out for being ripped off, I swear I'd have saved aprox £300 had I not have been ripped off at every given opportunity!!! The hotel booklet states that each guests is entitled to a complimentary turkish bath!! We went to the spa for ours and were charged 70 Turkish Lirs each / aprox £30!! The spa will also tortue you if you show any interest in treatments, I was sought out at the beach and finally gave in and booked a massage, then I was phoned to my room demanding the money for the massage upfront!! I advised them I was going out and would give it to them in the morning to which they said they would send someone up for the money!! I cancelled at this point, PUSHY PUSHY PEOPLE!! The spa man then huffed with us like a spolit child for the rest of our holiday!!

Then there was Rebecca the awful Thomas Cook rep!!! If she'd have taken the time to understand her customers she would never have advised me to go to a full day Ephesus trip!!! I'm 26 years old and would rather eat my own eyeballs than be shown an ancient city the size of Belfast in 35 degrees of sweltering heat!!! Plus she lies, she told us we would be back in our hotel for 3.30pm, try 5.30pm. We waited on our "thomas cook" coach only to realize at the last minute that we were being escorted by an alternative excursion agency Diana Travel!!! Thanks for letting us know Rebecca, your a real trooper!!!!! We also booked Pamukalle which was amazing, but again "liar liar pants on fire" Rebecca told us the coach ride was 2 hours long, it is infact closer to 4 with a 20 minute stop for a drink/ toilet!!! This was a problem for a lot of the elderly people on our trip!! We had also paid £55 each and dearest Rebecca the fountain of information "FORGOT" to tell us that in order to bath in Cleopatras pool (the only reason I was going on the bloody trip) you had to pay an additional 25 lira on arrival!!! Lesson for everyone, DO NOT BOOK EXCURSIONS THROUGH YOUR REP!!!! Its all about the money/ commission for them!! And its so much cheaper to book excursions off the stalls in Kusadasi town centre!!!

The hotel food was gorgeous the first week and then it became very repetitive!! There is a big selection and you never go hungry but I swear I've never eaten so much veal and Turkey!!! The fresh crepes are beautiful and the ice cream was delicious!! Alcohol was a big problem for me, I only drink Jack Daniels which wasn't included in our All Inclusive package (I knew this when I booked it) so I tried their Gin before a night out and had the holiday handover from hell the next day!! So I decided it wasn't worth it, free or not and had to buy Jack Daniels at 13 Turkish Lira a time (aprox £6.50).

The pools at this hotel are brilliant, very clean and tidy. The beach is also lovely but be warned it is man made which means you must get into the deep water via steps at the side of a pier and the water can be very choppy!!! Also some sort of strange gunk ontop of the water at the edge, we think it was a run off from hotel kitchen!!! Yuk!!!

The air conditioning is a bit of a problem in this hotel!!!! It was centrally controlled so was only on between certain hours so it was too hot to sleep in in the morning (this was a problem for me as some nights we didn't get home from bar street until 5am!!).

The guests at the hotel who I have rightly named "THE FRIENDLIES!!" were the sourest bunch of happy heads I've ever came across. It is a very multi national hotel so we missed speaking with people our own age looking for a drink and a bit of craic. There were some lovely elderly English people, but apart from this we were on our own!! Apparently the more money you have the less manners you carry!!

The entertainment was ok!! Turkish Night was terrible!! However the beach party was lots of fun, fireworks and everything!!! The animation team did their best but there just was no real atmosphere!! I loved Waterpolo boy as I called him, he was the life and soul and also Dima was great. He brought the younger guests out to bar street in Kusadasi for a nights craic and we bacame good friends.

Kusadasi was fantastic, Kitty O'Sheas was great craic and the Turkish people are all so happy and welcoming. DO NOT PAY MORE THAN 20 LIRA IN A TAXI BACK TO FANTASIA AND DO NOT USE THE TAXIS CONTRACTED WITH THE HOTEL - RIP OFF!!! The location of our hotel is a pain after midnight as you can't get the dolmus so taxis get more expensive!! Theres not a lot around the actual hotel to do!!

We ate out a few nights at Planet Yucca which was gorgeous and had really good entertainment. Also Molly Malones and Murphys which were also nice.

The market on Wednesdays was amazing, loads of bargains!! Just be confident and cheeky with them and you'll be grand. Don't be afraid to hold your hand up and walk away no matter what they are shouting at you. Do not get cornered by any of them, one tried to feel me up so that I'd buy 2 bags from him!!! Grossssss!!!!

All in all and amazing holiday, would def go back to Kusadasi but wouldn't stay in Fantasia again. This is not because it is a bad hotel, its excellent. Just because there weren't any people our own age there and we missed the banter!!! This hotel is suited to couples and families. I wouldn't recommend it for the elderly or disabled as there is no way to the beach except via 40 or 50 steps, a nice couple we meet were quite annoyed about this!!

1 Thank kjrobinson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

Well we have just returned from Fantasia,and I am already missing it.
All the time you worry about where to book your holiday, where to go, what hotel, near the beach, near the town.?????? Well no need to worry anymore go to the Fantasia its got it all.
Food very nice, and tasty.
We have loved it the staff were very sweet and very friendly, they work 12 hour days and they never moan about it.
They are there to make your holiday a good one, the animation team were brilliant, they are always happy and they try to speak to everybody even if it is to say hello, good evening or good morning.
We did find the photographers a little irratating at times but they were there to do a job.
We had the sunset photos taken and they were very nice, there was no obligation to buy them the choice is yours.
Rooms were lovely and clean, but the aircon only works in the evening so we would put it on before we went down for dinner and the room was lovely and cool when we went back to the room later.The road outside the hotel is a bit hair raising but just be careful, they do drive fast there.
The wednesday market in Kusadasi is a must just for the experience of the locals very funny but be aware they do like blonde hair and blue eyes.
All in all fab loved it. Would love to go back.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

just returned from fantasia, hotel initially very impressive, nice lobby, lovely pool areas, friendly staff. entertainment team try hard but not my cup of tea. girlfriend thought they were hilarious though? quite a good selection at meal times, try and get table early for great views of samos as the sun goes down. now to the drinks, girlfriend takes forever to get ready so thought i would have a few liveners before she showed up. had three gin and tonics and a beer, told you she took a while, and no effect at all, totally sober. ended up on the raki, bad move. hits you like a ton of bricks! numbs you for the entertainment mind. went to ephesus, highly recommended but only do half day, aquapark was good fun and kusadasi town is worth a look but get usual hassle. would return to hotel but with two bottles of absolut. not really good enough for a five star hotel.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2010

All in all this is a good hotel - by Turkish standards. I wouldn't class it as a 5 star but a good 3/4. We stayed here last year and really enjoyed it, which is why we booked again for this year. I have tried to outline negatives and positives as factually as I can.
We were disappointed by a few things this year which were not noticeable last year -
1: Our rooms were not ready when we arrived so were put into another room overnight, which was fine, except that we couldn't unpack because we were assured by 9am the following morning we would be put into another room. However, at 9am, the room wasn't ready so ended up hanging about in the lobby with our cases. We went with another couple who were actually moved 3 times in 24 hours!
2: The food was VERY repetative - it was very obvious that any food left over from previous meals, or the previous day, was regurgitated into something else. However, saying that, I do understand that food can't be wasted.
3: The air conditioning in the bar area was apparently 'not working', which made it practically unbearable to enjoy a drink after the meal. Many people complained about this and were taking drinks back to their rooms because it was cooler. We were informed by a member of staff that they were trying to cut costs so were not using the air conditioner!
4: We would suggest that they definitely have a person on the reception or guest relations that has a good understanding of english. We had a couple of issues that needed resolving and try as we might, they were unable to understand what we were saying! One issue was quite important and if we hadn't insisted on finding a manager to explain (even though the girl on guest relations said she understood) we would never have got home! It turns out that guest relations had no idea what we were trying to explain.
5. The Pattisserie onside the Lobby was no longer in use - a change from last year. Although it still has a sign up saying 'Pattisserie'.

Bear in mind that this hotel does overbook - which was very obvious by comments from other guests and travel reps. This does mean that sometimes when people arrive there is no room for them so they end up in another hotel for 1 or 2 days.

Also bear in mind that in all rooms you have to step into the bath to have a shower and the bath sides are quite high. My 69 year old mother found it impossible to get into the bath!! If you are elderly or not very agile, this may well be a problem.

On the Positive side, we always found something to eat as the selection isn't bad and the presentaion is excellent. Compared to last year, we found that the gym this year is fully functional (last year not many machines worked), and they have new pool-side parasols that work!
The staff are mostly exceptional - extremely hard-working and polite.
The sunsets here are stunning.
We would not go again and spoke to about 15 others who regularly came each year who would not be returning - mainly because we all felt that things were not as good as previous years. This is because we had something to compare it to, however, if it's a first time experience, then I'm sure that most persons would say the hotel was fine.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2010

Wow well what can I say about this amazing hotel...It was the complete package! On arrival in Kusadasi we were a bit dubious about the location and surroundings, but once we arrived at the hotel we felt relieved! The hotel was very ornate with marble floors and pillars and beautiful sculptures. We were greeted by very friendly staff at 4am in the morning and were promptly checked in and showed to our room. The room was decorated tastefully and the beds were extremely comfy, and above all the cleanliness was to a high standard. That morning we went down for breakfast and were greeted by a buffet style turkish breakfast, with cooked meats, pastries, cheese, fruit, cereal, yoghurt and bread. To be honest the only downfall of this hotel was the food as it was very repetitive. Most days we just had toast and jam, as salami in the morning is a bit stomach turning. The pools were great we often used the smaller chill pool as the big pool was often too busy! Although busy, there was always a good friendly atmosphere at both pools. The sea was just beyond the pools and it is a manmade beach. You cant walk into the sea you have to climb down the ladder or just jump off the jetty. There was watersports available at the beach. Me and my boyfriend did the jetski, the dohnut rings and a fly fisher, they were great value all three for £60 for both of us. There are bars dotted all around the hotel, one on the beach, one at each pool, and one at the hotel lobby. If you want to explore the town you get on a dolmus just outside the hotel front and ask to go to centrum this is the centre of kusadasi and this is where you will find all the bazaars, shops and restaurants. A restaurant I must recommend is Planet Yucca Fun Bar. The food was of exceptional quality! All in all a fantastic holiday and I would definately recommend to anyone!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Tehran, Iran
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

We had special days and sweet nights there.
the garden and pools was resembling a part of paradise.

services was quick and good, the food was nice ,but almost repetetive.

entertainment's at every night was exciting and fun,but the music was repetitive and you could hear a series of them every night so that very few encouraged to dance, and soon left the disco.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2010

Or first time to Turkey, the Fantasia Deluxe Hotel was lovely.

Our family room was plenty big enough for 2 adults and a 15 & 12 yr old, with stunning views of the sea from 3 aspects plus full view of the pool etc. and air con in the room is good. The bathroom was clean and modern with plenty of hot water and fresh towels every day and the maid did everything to make our stay a pleasure.

The food was good and varied, a little repetitive after 2 weeks but absolutely nothing to complain about.

The staff are so friendly and accommodating - the Animation team were fantastic - our kids loved them! We all had a laugh. It was great to be mixing with people of all ages and nationalities, playing darts and 'patanque' (french boules) on the beach.

The pool areas were lovely we didn't have to fight for sunbeds, ever. The staff never stopped cleaning.

It would have been good to have a bar open after midnight, sometimes we didn't want our night to end! The wine was perfectly acceptable and if you wanted a double shot of spirit it wasn't a problem.

It is warm in the main inside areas and probably could do with more air con but there was plenty of room outside and we went to Turkey for the sun!

We had Turkish Baths and Massages in the Spa and they were fantastic!

Our kids had a great time so we had a great time, it was a truly wonderful holiday and we will definitely return to the Fantasia although next time would fly to Izmir for shorter transfer than Bodrum.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family