“Excellent Holiday”

Ranked #34 of 154 Hotels in Kusadasi
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Me and my Husband stayed at Marbel for a week on 5th May 2014, Weather was lovely staff went out of their way to help you and all very friendly. Food was nice always something you could eat....and im very fussy! Our room was cleaned everyday and maids made towels into lovely arrangements on the bed. cannot fault this hotel what so ever! Animation team are full of energy and always get you involved in the fun! Also turkish bath is amazing and value for the price...much better than ones in town!! Would definitely return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lindsay D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at Hotel Marbel, Kusadasi from the 1st May for one week. Weather was warm and sunny except one rainy day.
Receptionists were helpful and very friendly. They advised us what was the cheapest way to have Wi-Fi for one week.
Our room in the 4th floor was quite small but sufficient for us senior couple from Finland. Bathroom was clean and neat. The only nuisance was lacking of hangers in closet. There were only 3 instead of 5. We kept our clothes in our suitcases because there where no shelves for clothes.
In the restaurant food was good and variable. Personal there were nice and kind like everyone at this hotel. Also bartenders knew their work and understood English.
Best of all was the animation team: Bora and Kudi. They arranged all kinds of program every day several times. They made us feel welcomed to this hotel and we felt like belonging to this international community as ”Hotel Marbel family”.
We like to thank everyone working at this hotel making our holiday one of the best ever.
As we have nice memories of this holiday, we are coming back one day. We also recommend this hotel to our friends in Finland.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors are more quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tarja T
Monkstown, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Starting with the positives:
The rooms were actually quite nice, recently renovated, nice shower, good finish on the bathroom, amazing integrated TV/mirror.
Free parking.

Negatives :
I found most of the staff poor, really arrogant front desk manager.

Strange policy which I have not encountered before in a hotel where they expect payment in advance, wanted me to pay in cash, sort of felt like I was being hussled.

The hotel is very difficult to find and there are massive roadworks going on around it, forget GPS, it is not going to help you, we ended up on an unfinished/unopened motorway trying to find this hotel, quite stressful, if I ran a hotel in the middle of these sort of works I would contact them with directions before arriving.

The location of the hotel is bad, it is a god distance away from the town/port, there is absolutely nothing nearby this hotel, not a good place to stay.

The included food was pretty awful, buffet food, lukewarm, poor quality, we even noticed a massive difference in the quality of the fruit between our hotel in Istanbul and Kusadasi, the quality of the raisins, figs, apricots were worse in the Marbel than our hotel in Istanbul. The freshly cooked lunch option was better, the buffet just didn't work for us, we ended up getting a taxi into the port instead for evening meals.

This is advertised but nothing is included in this hotel, Wifi was slow and costly, annoyingly if you do decide to buy it it is on a device basis, so if you want it for your kindle and iPhone you have to pay twice. Normally I don't stay in hotels without included Wifi, but I missed it in this case. You also have to pay to use the room safe for some bizarre reason. Billiards/Snooker also an extra, as is bottled water with (included) meal.

Our room had some weird issue in the bathroom whereby the phone would randomly ring and when we picked it up there was a crackling recording playing in Turkish, we never got to the bottom of it.

This hotel does a lot of Bus Tours with Guests arriving in for one night.

We booked (and paid for) a King Size bed with a single bed for our daughter (aged 3), this is not what was in the room when we arrived, they just has 3 single beds, this was not what we were expecting and the front desk staff reluctantly agreed to "convert" 2 singles in to a double.

Conclusion:
All in all this is a substandard hotel, the staff I felt didn't go the extra mile for guests, the management just seemed to want to extract the maximum amount of money out of guests possible and we left unhappy with the place.

Observations:
We did not take the complimentary shuttle to the beach (Ladies Beach), but we did go there on our last day and it is not a nice beach, full of rubbish and pubs with Sky Sports and premiership football etc. I would recommend finding another beach.

This Hotel seems to attract a lot of Dutch people.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rejoyce1976
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

It was amazing holiday with a good stuff and fantastic hotel.
Also there are many activity and animation, we had too much fun.
The room was very good and clean, the service was excellent.
You must try this hotel and the price is cheap.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Asad-lara
Balikesir, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

it was really fun, we enjoyed very much there especially with animation team they always came with a new game to make us laugh and they have in marbel hotel very good service, thank you animation team and thank you marbel hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Saman A
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

The hotel is really great, I was here in the late September 2013. The reception staff is pleasant and helpful. Coskun, the receptionist guy, was nice and helped me in everything I needed (where to go, how to go and where to shop in the city center). Very understandable English is spoken by staff. The rooms have great size, are welcoming and very clean. The food is very good, the breakfast is excellent. The only thing that could be better in the breakfast is the variety of bread, there were only two types. Although the cheese was delicious, I loved it. Dinner was good, with plenty of salads, pastries and hot dishes. The Turkish food is excellent. I had a stomach problem in the third day and the chef gave me assistance preparing me a special meal, I felt like home. At first I was worried, I have to confess, because I was traveling by myself, but getting this attention, my concern disappeared at the same time.
They have an excellent entertainment team, Bora (nice guy) and Goody (funny girl) who did everything for us to have fun. I even won at the bingo in the last day. I was super happy with my gifts.
The bar works until 11:00 pm. The beer was very good. The bar’s staff is lovely and communicative. Hakan and Elvis were so great and I had such an amazing time. I would definitely return to the hotel. The hotel provides so many things that I do not understand, how there are people saying that the hotel is horrible with all this structure offered. I surely recommend!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank lucrisf
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

The animation team was really good. Always something to do and they were always friendly. So was the rest of the staff.
Food was ok and location was good (not so far from the centre)
It was a 'small' hotel but we loved that, it felt familiar to us and we had the feeling we could talk to anybody who stayed there because of the friendly athosphere.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends