“Perfectly good hotel for an enjoyable holiday!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Marbel Hotel

Marbel Hotel
Ranked #34 of 154 Hotels in Kusadasi
UK
“Perfectly good hotel for an enjoyable holiday!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2009

I stayed at the Marbel hotel from the 15th September 2009 for one week and having read the below reviews before i left I was really worried - but i shouldnt have been, in fact I wonder if I actually stayed at a different hotel to those people as I didnt experience any of the problems they did!!

The hotel is about a 1 3/4 hour transfer (as stated in most holiday brochures) from Bodrum airport, and even less from Izmir airport. It is situated just outside the centre of Kusadasi, about a 30 minute walk to the harbour which was just a bit too far for us so we used the dolmus bus which stops very regularly about 2 minutes from the hotel and costs only 80p to get to town or £1 to get the beach. I never had to wait more than thirty seconds for one to come along and they run until late at night. Alternatively a taxi will cost only £5 to get to town or back.

My room was spacious and very clean, the cleaners came 6 days a week and were very good. My bed was changed every day and my bathroom was always spotless. I had a bath amnd shower which was quite limescaled.. but hey! There was air conditioning in the room which worked 24/7 and I had my own balcony with views over the pool and to the coast - beautiful. My room ws one of the ones nearest the road but honestly the traffic noise is not a problem at all, you cant even hear it once you shut the balcony door. There was also a fridge, tv and hairdryer in the room.

The swimming pool is lovely - always clean and plenty big enough to cool down in and we never had a problem getting a sunbed although i imagine it might be harder to get one near the pool in the school holidays. As for other ammenities, there are plenty of seats and tables around the pool area, a bar, a small shop, a pool table, inside seating, hair salon, a small gym, tennis, table tennis, turkish sauna...

In my opinion the food was really good - there was always a choice of soups, 4 or 5 main courses, a huge choice of salad and plenty of deserts to choose from. I certainly never went hungry. You can have breakfast, lunch and dinner and in between you can order snacks from the pool bar and cakes and cookies later on. Most drinks are included in the price: coke, fanta, sprite, water, tea, coffee, fruit juices, Efes beer, wines, and local liquers inclding vodka, gin. This is only until 11pm but this is normal in most hotels!

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, were always ready with a smile or joke and although their English wasnt the best (but neither is my Turkish so i will never complain!) they always understood everything i said.

There was no entertainment when we stayed there, but we always went out in the day and evenings - theres too much going on in town to wasnt to stay at the hotel! There wasnt very many English people staying at the hiotel - mostly Belgians when I was there but thats not a problem.

All in all it was a very enjoyable holiday - we only paid £400 for a week all inclusive including flights, hotel, food, drink and transfers - absolute bargain! It was a really nice hotel but I think people should remember that it is in Turkey,. not in the UK so standards will be different and I really think some people expect far too much for what they pay - I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hippy-AT-heart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
uk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2009

We stayed at The Marbel Hotel for 1 week in July and paid for an all inclusive stay. This is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in and would not recommend it to any british travellers.
We were greeted at reception by miserable unfriendly and unhelpful staff who spoke no english at all, making it very hard for them to understand us and vice versa.
The room was very small and old looking with a tiny balcony.The only good thing i have to say about this hotel is the fact it was clean!!!
Our mini bar wasn't even stocked with bottled water, we had to PAY for this!!!! The air con was a joke, brochure stated it had SKY tv, yes...turkish sky so completely useless to british holiday makers!!
We were advised by the tour operator, Sunwings, and also as stated on the hotels' very own website, that this hotel had a number of bars and restaurants.NOT THE CASE!! 1 Buffet restaurant and 1 Pool bar!! the food was awful, we paid to eat out EVERY day, and the drinks served were rola cola, local lager and watered down local spirits. Cocktails you had to pay for even though they consisted of only local spirits. To use the internet you had to hire a laptop from the hotel.
After 9 pm there is nowhere to get any food and drinks stop at 11pm when the entertainment stops, if u can call it entertainment! The entertainment is ONLY for kids, my idea of a holiday is not sittin in a square watchin 10 kids do the okey cokey!!
The hotel is situated smack bang in the middle of a residential area, a long bus ride to the beach and a 20 minute hike to the town centre!!
I was so glad to leave the Marbel Hotel and advise anybody thinking of booking here NOT TO!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bigjonUk
grimsby
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2009

we read about this hotel before we went, but when we got there we were pleasantly surprised. staff were friendly esp shine,hilal onush and tuncy who worked behind the pool bar. my hubby spoke to the deputy manager who said they were improving the hotel all the time. air con was perfect as it was brand new. animation team did a good job seeing as there was only the 2 of them (sanchez n coco) food in general was good esp enjoyed the freshly made omlettes at breakfast. you have to get a dolmus into the center and it only costs 1lire 50 pp. overall a well relaxed holiday also it was nice for the manager to see us off and see us onto the coach which weve never had before.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank m_m2009045
Tehran
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2008

Almost I search very much in net to find a suitable hotel for my journey. and somethime i find a good review . thus i decided to write this review for other traveler to help them to find better choose . first of all i would like to say this hotel is clean ... with a wonderful place in istanbul . near the taghsim square and beside the magnificent walking street that named esteghlal . in Esteghlal street you find everything you need . food - shopping - nightclub or ..... !
also you access to anywhere in istanbul by metro-wagencar(kind of taxi "dolmosh") -train through the Taghsim Square .
I recommended you buy A Citymap in Information desk and go on. but in hotel you Have several problems . first and biggest is street noise . if you choose or give to u a room side of street , you choose a big problem for yourself . you can't sleep in night .
other things is a reservation man wasn't a good Behavior and he became angry with me several time .
Also our room is very small (9m2) .
finaly my totaly score for this Hotel ( that it seem 3Star) is 13 from 20.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — street noise
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pouya_pou
Birmingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2008

My Boyfriend and I stayed at the Marbel Hotel From The 14th to 21st July 08. We was Soooo tired the morning we arrived after a 4 hour delay at the airport Then a 2-3 hour Transfer, which we was told wen we booked the holiday with teletext that it was 1 hour transfter! Then was horrified at the location of our room, we wasnt even in the hotel block, they put us in sum little room opposite the hotel. We was told we had a bath in our room but we had sum little shower cubicle with mould growin around the edges and Nooo hot water. (The water trickled out!) Was also told we would have a fridge there wasnt one! Then to find a stray cat sleepng on the bed! (didnt go down to well)
No compliants about the airconditioning it wasnt on a timer. Beds was very uncomfortable pillows was like sleeping on rocks. We wanted to make a futher compliant to the rep but she was no where to be seen all holiday!

One night walking back to our room a car approached Us With 4 fully grown men in it, which was parked out side the hotel and started shouting abuse at me and my boyfriend, we was scared to go back to our room incase they saw where our room was, because it being on the main road. So We asked recepition if they could move us to another room because we didnt feel safe and they refused to move us becauseit was so late, and told us to cum back in the morning and they would move us then. So we went back in following morning but then they said they hadnt any spare rooms for us to move to after they promised 2 move us. (at this point i was very angry and just wanted to go home)

The staff wasnt friendly at all, aspecially the chef at the pool bar never seen him smile once all holiday. The most friendly people was the cleaners they was very helpful.

The food at the main restaurant was terrible wasnt cooked properly. Went to breakfast once and totally regret it. There wasnt much to choose from the eggs was was under cooked they was that runny you cud drink them! And someone in our hotel found bugs in there cerial which totally put me off from eating there so we spent most of our meals times at the pool eating burgers (if thats what you call them) and chips all holiday. Something has got to be said about those mystery burgers, have no idea what meat was in them, but certainly wasnt beef! Was hearing stories that they cooked the cats, because the waiters used to boot (not kick) the cats away from the tables at meal times, and most of the cats had broken legs or missing ears. And the one night me and my boyfriend seen a cat locked up in a cage where they keep the rotwiler. (crawl)

I wounldnt recommed this hotel to anyone have no idea where they got the stars from!! Dont Be Fooled By The Pictures!! =(

But met sum great people there that made our holiday =)

Writen By Hope and Adam x

• Liked — The airconditioning (Only cause our room wasnt in the hotel)
  • Disliked — Food and Staff
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank Hopeyy
england london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2008

Me my mum and my sis went to turkey to marbel thinking that it would of been a good place too stay at it was supposter be a 4 star hotel i would rate it as a 1 star hotel the entertainment was 2 days a week you had to pay for the snoker and pay for the internet and its all inclusive so theres something wrong there then we also had a double room when there was three of us you had to pay for your drinks after 11 oclock if you was english they didnt like serving you it was to hot the was air condicsning but it didnt work this holiday was not a very nice one to remmber the transfer was about 4 hours and it only said 1 hour it was just lie after lie if i was you guys i would not got to that hotel because if you do you willl regret it i mean it .

• Liked — that ther were nice english people there
  • Disliked — the staff lak of respeck
  • Stayed July 2008
lancashire, england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2008

We booked this hotel as a fairly last min decision, as we had already been away at the begining of the year. Therefor we didn't pay a whole lot for the holiday.

The transfer was hard as there were just ourselves (2adults & our baby of 16months), and 2 other couples on the mini bus.
We didn't know that we would be stopping half way (about an hour into the journey), so that the driver could get something to eat??? It was a chance to use the toilets if we needed to though i guess & grab a cold drink.

Back on our way & we finally arrived at 6am - very tired. I honestly hated the appearance of the hotel on arrival, reminded me of a prison!! Bell boy took us to our room & i nearly cried. No bed for our baby, even though we had booked one. I asked where the baby was supposed to sleep & was told the bed (pointing to a single bed), no bed guards & it was pushed up against a mirrored panelled wall - no way! Because we were so tired we said we'd just sort it later. Next prob, no air con!! Was told 9pm - 3am we had air con, & it was so so hot!! We couldn't open the doors to the balcony as the walls aren't joining (sorry hard to explain) so with our baby again no way. We got a baby bed next day after asking at reception.

We made the most of the first day, found beds round the pool no problem & didn't go to the pool until maybe 10am ish. The pool is smaller than you maybe imagine it to be, but there is also gardens in the hotel just next to the pool where there are more loungers & big cusions.

We did struggle getting ready that night because of the air con, it was vertually impossible. It was so so hot it was unbearable.

We didn't go back into the room until after 9pm so that we could at least cool down, but it was still really hot. We woke shortly after 3am as the air con had gone off & we were roasting again.

Next morning we asked at reception if they had any fans & explained why, were told not but they would try & see if they could do anything. Shortly after the manager came & asked if we would like to move rooms. We said we didn't have a problem with the room, just the fact that we needed air - he was really nice & said that they do have rooms with 24 hour air con if we'd like to move
We moved that day & it was so much better. Fair enough it was temperature controlled, but it was so nice to be in the room & cool.

The clearners worked such long hours ensuring the hotel & the rooms were clean. Our cleaner was so lovely.

The restaurant food did get repetative, but then don't they all tend to in all inclusive restaurants??? You do have an option to purchase freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast for a small price, but there were plenty of juices available should you not want to.

In the evening the resturant mainly moved outside & on one of the nights we had a bbq style dinner.

There is a snack bar doing pizza, chips, cheese burgers - great if you don't want full lunches in the resturant. The chef seemed to be there all day as they served from about 11am - 11pm!!

There was entertainment around the pool during the day, water areobics, volly ball, football, table tennis........
During the evening there wasn't really much to do though.

The hotel did have a salon that has a great selection of massages & the staff are lovely I can highly reccommend the hot stone massage!!)

We didn't go to the beach at all, manly because of our baby. We had no problems getting somewhere to lounge around during the day.

The staff were all lovely & friendly & did everything they could to make yur stay plesant.

We did go out a couple of evenings into the town centre for a meal & change of setting. We found a fantastic resturant, can't remember properly, something like oben??? The nicest food we had all holiday & very reasonable.

Getting out & about was no trouble as theres the doulmus buses running all the time & the stops just outside maybe a 2/3 min walk from the hotel.

Over all after a shakey start, we had a great holiday. I guess a holiday is what you make of it. We certainly didn't expect the ritz for what we had paid, & by no means got it but, we did enjoy ourselves!

Stayed July 2008