This was our first trip to Turkey and we were slightly apprehensive of what to expect. Our flight was in to Bodrum which meant a further 2 hour transfer to the hotel however this was fine. We arrived at the hotel at around 12.30am and were informed we could get soup from the snack bar if we wanted it. We were in room 340 which was toward the back of the hotel which was ideal as it was very quiet. The room was basic but clean with good air con. Worth noting, the beds are very very hard and made for some bad nights sleep!!
The hotel facilities are really good. The hotel prides itself on ensuring its public areas are immaculate and there are always cleaners and gardeners etc visible. The beach is small but adequate. We took advantage of the parasailing which was hassle free and a good experience. There is a spa on site and after having one, can recommend the turkish bath. I also had a full body massage and my husband had a hot stone massage and also went back for a back and shoulder massage on the day we flew home. It appears the more treatments you book, the more discount you get.
The food was fine. We are both very fussy eaters and I am veggie. I must admit I did struggle as I do not eat fish and found that a lot of the food was fried and oily. However, that said, we never went hungry. We used the snack bar more for lunch which was full of chips, hot dogs, burgers, pasta and pizza etc. The main restaurant service is excellent. It you enjoy a variety of foods then you will enjoy it, loads of fresh fish, meats as well as vegetables and other dishes. The deserts are in abundance and taste lovely.
The entertainment was also very good. We spent a few days around the silent pool, which was never silent due to families with children, and a few around the main pool. The main pool area has a lot of activities for both children and adults and the animation team are always on the go. Speedy in the English rep and very happy to chat. The pool bar is lovely for relaxing on an evening an have a variety of drinks available.
We went in to the town twice, once to look around and the other on market day. This was a bit of a disappointment. The beach along the main stretch was not very clean. It was also very touristy and busy. The harbour is pretty with cruise ships docking there daily. We preferred to spend our time in the comforts of the hotel.
We did a trip to Ephesus which was expensive but worth it as we paid for a guided tour which was very informative. Definitely worth the money, however after getting sick there due to the heat and deflection of heat and sun on the marble, I advise all to be careful and wear a hat and take water. W also visited aqua fantasy water park which after visiting a lot of water parks in florida, was bitterly disappointed. It was expensive and not much to do. The park was supposed to open at 10 however it seemed that the first half hour or so was for life guards to 'play' on the slides. I also found some of them to be rude and ignorant. Also, about a third of The slides were closed on the day. We stayed for about 3 hours and went back to the hotel. It was easy to get to though - catch a dolmas from outside the hotel that says selcuk to kusadasi and it stops at both aqua fantasy and adaland. It is 3TL per person per journey.
Overall, we had a lovely holiday, but this was due to the hotel complex and not the resort itself. Would definitely go back to the hotel but I would not stay in the actual centre of kusadasi if offered to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kustur Club Holiday Village is an unique holiday club spread over a 170 acres of land where the turquoise blue of Aegean sea blends into a huge forest of pine trees with beautiful spring flowers that is proud of serving five-star accommodation and catering services since 1966. Club Kuştur is only 4 km away from Kuşadasi town center and distance to Izmir's Adnan Menderes Airport is only 70 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kustur Club Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kustur Club Holiday Village Hotel Kusadasi
- Kustur Hotel Holiday Village
- Kustur Hotel Kusadasi