“The Best! Would go back any day!”

Kustur Club Holiday Village
Ranked #13 of 154 Hotels in Kusadasi
Merseyside, England
“The Best! Would go back any day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2009

I can't believe I haven't already reviewed this place. What can I say... it is amazing!

The main worry I had was the food. Obviously going for two weeks you'd like to think it was edible so you don't have to splash out in other restaurants! It was fantastic, so much choice and COMPLETELY edible. Expecting to lose weight from this two week holiday (as I had on another holiday where I had gotten diorrhea and a stomach bug), me and my boyfriend found ourselves having second helpings several times! haha. The food was available all throughout the day either at the pool bar or restaurant with so much choice and very tasty. Best of all, no stomach bugs or illnesses!

The staff were brilliant, always willing to help and always noticed if you needed something. I must say, this was the first time we had been to Turkey and whilst travelling to the resort on the transfer coach, we were abit worried that we may have chosen a dump to stay in. But I think the fact that it was so early in the morning with dull weather and not being familiar with our surroundings made us think this way! There were some hotels taht we prayed weren't ours and thankfully they weren't. But i suppose you get not-so-nice-places everywhere. When we arrived we were very pleasantly surprised and wondered what type of people must have wrote the bad reviews... they must must be extremely fussy people who are used to vacating to 5* Maldives resorts or something! Being quite a fussy person myself, I found it very, very hard to fault anything in this resort!

During our stay we went on various trips such as an all-day boat trip, a visit to the ruins at Ephesus, visits to the market and town centre, and went to a restaurant one night while the England v. Croatia match was on where we met a few friends! All of which I would recoommend, especially if you are staying for 2 weeks. You can get some brilliant deals in restaurants out of the resort if you fancy a change, but you will find all this out from people who walk round the resort, as opposed to having to find out for yourselves, which is useful!

For those who love active holidays, there is SO much to do. We were worried we might get bored after the first week but there are slides in the pool which are great and sport all throughout day (I felt like I had come on holiday on my own at one point...I couldn't get my boyfriend away from the football and volleyball courts!) haha. The music is great around the resort aswell, they know some brilliant songs! Dance music and music in the charts! Great for British people! If you are one for watersports, there are FREE pedalos and canoes, both of which we used. We also went on the jet skis about 4 times! They were AMAZING and so, so fast! Honda 1500cc, compared to the average 700cc ones! We also went on a banana boat for the very first time which was so much fun and made friends with the guys who worked at the watersports hut on the beach who were great!

Anyway, I could go on forever about this brilliant holiday so if you would like to know anything about it just message me and I would be very happy to help! xx

5 Thank BevWaldron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2009

Its a bit late but here is my review for this hotel.......WOW what a hotel this is.......ill start from the top........
Reception.......Arrived at the hotel reception at 5:30am to be welcomed by friendly and pleasent staff who quickly checked us in and then we were shown to our room....

Room.....We were in a family room which was a good size with 2 single beds in one section of the room and a double bed in another section of the room which included a cot for an infant(not there if you dont need it), the room also had air con, balcony with a clothes airer and a toilet/shower....

Food....Probably the worst part of the holiday was the breakfast....same food everyday for two weeks but if you can see past this you will not be dissapointed by the lunch and dinner.....excellent choice of food with a different theme every night......restaurant can get quite crowded at times but there are ample tables for everyone so no worries there...

Bar.....The bar is situated around the pool area and again the staff were very friendly and plenty of tables and chairs so no problems for sitting and having a drink in the evenings..(if i can give you one tip it would be to tip the barman and i guarantee you will be served before the rude and arrogant europeans that holiday here)

Pool/Beach...pool area very spacious with ample sunbeds for everyone and very clean...it has water slides along with a seperate kids pool and multi depth pool for adult...there is also the "silent pool" for those who dont like the music and entertainment going on around the main pool....beware though you will be told of if you(like us)go down the slides on lilos or other inflatables...they dont like it and they will stop you.....the beach area is accesed by an underpass and has plenty going on during the day.....free canoes/pedaloes(pedaloes can only be used in the morning as the sea gets quite choppy in the afternoon so for your safety they wont let you go out no matter what you do)...

Entertainment/Animation....The animation team work VERY VERY hard to keep you entertained during the day...it can get a bit annoying after a while but you have to understand they are doing there job....they try to sell you stuff all day long like c.d's, t-shirts and bingo tickets however if you say no in a polite enough way they will leave you alone....but remeber this is how they earn their money so i cant see the harm in spending a few quid here and there and who know you may even win something....

Kusadasi town....Stunning town and well worth a visit....bargains to be had and many great restaurants to eat and drink at......

Summary.....This hotel is rated as a 5* and for Turkey its worth everyone, but remeber you are in Turkey so although its a 5* rating here dont expect the same as a 5* rating from around the rest of the world, having said this i would recomend a stay here to anyone.....we cant wait to go back.....

You WILL love it here .....book it you wont regret it.....

3 Thank bilko34
gilly2403
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

My husband and I booked a last minute holiday for 2 weeks at the Kustur Club for our anniversary. The rooms were nice, cleaned every day and the grounds were lovely. I would say it was four star rather than five, but its to be expected in Turkey. Holiday was great value for money. Food in restaurant and pool bar was excellent. Although it is just outside Kusadasi it is only 2.5 TL in one of minibus into Kusadasi. Entertainment was rubbish and needs some improvement but overall great holiday for the money. I would go back.

2 Thank gilly2403
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2009

Stayed here for a week’s fly and flop in September of 2009, and other than the 2 ½ hour transfer time, for the price we paid we could not fault this place. I would be interested to know how many of the reviewers who say that this is not a 5 star hotel have actually stayed in a true 5 star hotel e.g. like Raffles in Singapore or the Shang Ri La in Kuala Lumpur or the Ritz in London.

Having experienced the above hotels, I can say yes, this is not a five star hotel, however I paid the same amount to stay here fully inclusive for a week as I would to stay two nights B&B at a five star establishment.

I got more than I expected from the Kustur Club. A clean, comfortable if somewhat basic room. Nice clean swimming pools ( with the added bonus of a self service bar at the quiet pool). Extremely helpful staff, and yes the entertainment was very cheesy European, but if you really want nightlife, why go to a family resort. If you are looking to have an evening of adequate alfresco drinking then this ticks the box.

As for the food, well I really do not understand how other reviewers can say that the food is bad. The quality of the food was fine and OK so it was buffet style, which is not to everybody’s taste but you can pay an extra 2 Euros and take up the offer of the 3 dine around restaurants.

As for the accusation that the food is geared only towards non British palettes, this could not be further from the truth. Correct me if I am wrong, but are kebabs, burgers and pizzas not the staple foodstuffs of many a Saturday night, and these were available in abundance.

I personally enjoyed the fact that at lunchtime, things like Feta Salad, Houmous, Olives etc all served with fresh crusty bread were available for a light lunch.

Every evening there would be Steak, Chicken or Pork available from the grill, and i particularly enjoyed the evening when the chefs would cut you a tuna steak from a huge tuna that was proudly displayed at the grill bar. I did howver have to laugh at the unadventorous British woman who refused to eat the tuna because it "wasnt in a tin."

In addition to this every evening there was a pasta dish, and usually an additional lasagne, delicious soups and lots of chips so I am at a loss as to why some people feel there was nothing to eat. ( I would love to know what they eat at home !!)

The Turkish, Sushi and Fish Restaurants (all available for an extra 2 Euros) are well worth a visit. The fish and sushi restaurant are situated on the beach, so have lovely views at sunset.

The drinks measures we got were huge, and OK it’s not Gordons Gin or Smirnoff Vodka but you know that when you sign up. The Ephesus lager on draft is very refreshing, and I will admit that the red wine is pretty dire, but the rose is very passable.

So would I go back to the Kustur Club?

Definitely yes for a cheap weeks fly and flop,

Do I expect Raffles ?, No.

Go with the right expectations and you will enjoy this place.

If I could give you one tip, it would be to fly into Izmir, which is only about 30 minutes away rather than Bodrum which is a spine breaking 2 1/2 hour coach journey.

3 Thank 43Becko
Birmingham england
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2009

We stayed here for a week in the childrens holiday in October. What can i say we saw this as a 5 star hotel with lots of things for the kids to do. There was 8 of us aged 6-54. We booked a family room then when arrived at 4am told they didnt have any as it was end of season so we were given separate rooms not good with kids aged 12 and 13 having own room. The food was terrible pizza, rice, chips and salad every DAY AND NIGHT all day everyday nothing changed. More for the spanish or french nothing we could eat so ended up going into town everyday to get he kids some food they could eat. The room was filthy, the bath had mould everywhere, the toliet was dirty, shower we had to clean before using it as it was all crusty, all the walls were falling apart and dirt everywhere. Told we could not move. There was NO entertainment AT ALL in the daytime and at night only 30 minutes disco for kids aged 3-6 after that you had to find something to do. The pool was VERY DANGEROUS my son fell 4 or 5 times getting out of the pool as there is a big step all the way round the pool with no rails and it is VERY VERY VERY slippy. We saw at least 7 people fall round the pool ( adults) and my mother bruised all of her leg and had to rest it most of her holiday because of a stump coming out of the ground which you coud NOT SEE. But she was the lucky one another party the man fell over the SAME stump and had to go and get stitches at the hospital and when we told the staff all they did was to put a chair over the stump. There are NO lifeguards or NO attendants round the pools at all, the one bar is NOT attended so children can go and get beer and wine as it is help yourself not great at all. The pool bar we saw a RAT run across the kitchen when we told the lady she said OH WELL I DIDNT SEE IT .The beach is horrible stones, if you want a drink you have to get it yourself as no staff there, ALL of the FREE waster sports were brocken. Resturant well what can i say... DIRTY, NO KNIFES, FORKS, SPOONS, GLASSES, and the food is the WORSE FOOD I HAVE EVER HAD. Outside the tables are worse bird poo over the tables, chairs nothng on the tables for you to eat at and to get a drink you WILL be waiting 40-50 minutes (when it was empty) and the staff are VERY VERY RUDE. We were told at 9.50am to get out of the resturant and sit ouside with all of the flys and bugs when it does NOT CLOSE until 11am. Market is brillient loads of bargains to be had but you HAVE to stick to your guns and do not go up on your price. Busses are great every 2-3 minutes and only 2.50tl just over £1 per person. I would say if you go to this hotel you are going to HAVE to eat out so go to planet yuka brillient place in the middle of town with all the shops lovely food and free taxi both ways.
Please please DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL it is the worse place i have been, we went to the EPHEISIA BEACH in june and it was exellent food beach entertainment pool are great and this holiday was horrible wanted to come home the second day we were there.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank rrmall2006
cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

We stayed here Sep 19th- 3rd Oct and had a brilliant time.
The staff were great and worked very hard, the food was plentifull there was something for everyone.
The rooms are set in beautiful gardens with squirrels which you can feed.
I would deffo recommend the speed boat trip with Maxim (think that's his name) on the beach its roughly 2 hours he is very funny and very knowledgeable of kusadasi, he also lets you drive the boat on the way back which is fun for all.
The beach is lovely , can always find a sun lounger.
Rooms are cleaned daily and a good size.
Really enjoyed it here , coming back next year!

1 Thank flange64
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2009

We have stayed at Kuster twice now 2008 and 2009, my teenagers loved, from start to finish you are made to feel welcome, reception staff are available 24/7 and are very polite and always ready to help, any problems are quickly sorted without fuss or bad feelings.
The food in the restuarant is of a good standard with plenty to choose from, even fussy kids would find something, the deserts are to die for, waiters are friendly and always smilling, it was my husbands 40th birthday while we was away and they went out of their way to make it special, reserved a lovely table for the evening and presented a wonderfull cake, and we returned to our room to find a bottle of wine and a basket of fresh fruit which was a nice touch to a wonderfull evening.
The maids are out in force every day cleaning each and everyone of the rooms, bed where made and towels replaced and some days we even had out towels made into swans on the bed.
The entertainment is great, they will encourage you to join in the days activaties or leave you to read on your sun lounger, there is slides for the kids, and there is also a quite pool so you can get away from the music etc.
The 2 water parks are only a bus ride away both are very enjoyable and reasonable priced.
All in all if you have booked Kuster Club you will enjoy it, there is always tears when we leave as we enjoyed it so much.

1 Thank HoldersEssex