“LOVELY HOLIDAY!!!”

Ranked #5 of 154 Hotels in Kusadasi
Dublin, Ireland
“LOVELY HOLIDAY!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Lovely big hotel just right on the beach. Minus was when we arrived we got ugly room, after few days after complain the reception sorted problem and we got nice room. Hotel is clean, fresh towels for the swimming area free, food was nice, sun beds on the bach for free. Lovely snack bar just beside the beach. We been for all inclusive....very nice staff!!!we got water boats for free as many times we want. For jet ski and different water sports have to pay. Many things to do . Lovely family place. At the hotel there is a photographer. He is taking beautifull photo sesion . We got great album for 100 eu. on the grand floor are great rooms with swimming pools straight from ur balcony. we stayed at July 2012

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pati P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

If you are a family or travelers that like the all-inclusive experience, I'd say this hotel could meet your standards. Friendly and fast service, comfortable rooms, different pools for adults and children, right by the sea and a very good spa. Dining is superb with rich buffets and a wide variety of dishes for all meals (note: pork meat is not served due to religious reasons). There are also plenty of activities on offer for both children and adults. There's a tiny open-air theater with shows and fun events taking place almost every evening (I was there in early May). The staff is multilingual and very kind. It's not in the town of Kusadasi; if you want to enjoy some nightlife outside the hotel, you need to have a car or get a cab. On the whole, I'd recommend it to those who would rather spend their holidays just inside a resort.

Room Tip: In terms of nice views to the sea, I'd say the hotel's design is such that allows for almost...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Catherine S
Wrexham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

My partner and I ( late 20's / early 30's) went to the Batihan hotel w/c 16th October 2013 for a week with Thomas Cook. We wanted just a break away and I had read some good reviews about the hotel before booking. When we booked the holiday in the travel agents, we were not told that we were going 2 weeks before the season ended and as such, some of the facilities that had been advertised on our all inclusive package were closed on our arrival (ie: the beach bar and pancake house). This was a little disappointing although not the end of the world for us.

The hotel has had in the past couple of years an extension, which compromises rooms which look over the pool and the sea; some of these rooms are swim up. On our arrival, and later on in the day, we found that all the British that arrived had been allocated to the old part of the hotel, were the view was of the main road whilst the German guest et al had been allocated rooms in the new block. This didn't offend me either way as I don't go on holiday to sit in the bedroom.

Rooms were cleaned thoroughly everyday, and the mini bar ( with free water) was topped up daily. The safe you have to pay for, and to be honest, this is standard practice as far as I am aware and for a week it was 7 euros.
Note: Swim up rooms - don't waste your money. Whoever designed the extension of the hotel deigned these rooms to be constantly in the shade.

The Pool - Its absolutely Baltic however, you have to just jump in and go for it. There are 3 slides there which a group of us had plenty of fun on (yes they are suitable for adults). As the end of season, we had no issue getting a sun lounger and mat although umbrellas (if you wanted one) did appear a bit more scarce.

Food - The food in the hotel is geared up for the Germans, especially breakfast, however, there is something for everybody, and you wont go hungry. I eat anything and I found the food okay although I have had better in other hotels I have stayed in. I was disappointed at evening meal times that we did not get offered table service with regards to drinks, but the Germans did. This poor service extended to the bar areas where again, I found that the British guests didn't get the same attention as the others.

Whenever I have visited hotels in Turkey, Tunisia et al I have always found that I tipped the bar staff / waiters / cleaners etc regardless whether it was an all inclusive holiday or not. Here, the only people who deserved a tip in the hotel was the cleaners as the waiting on staff did not deserve a tip. Harsh statement, but true.

Entertainment - There was some activities to do by the poolside each day however, evening entertainment was non existent. The only place that we could sit was in the lobby bar, where we played cards with a group of other couples which we met. Tip: Take a pack of playing cards or some small game to keep you entertained in the evening.

The Spa - On one day it rained so we went to the spa. The treatments where average priced, similar to those what you would pay at home and as such, I only went into the Sauna (which was free) and used the indoor pool, which was a cold as the outdoor pool but it was fine.

In my view, the hotel is a good 3* but not a 4*. The rooms are comfortable and were cleaned daily with the mini bar stocked fully. We got our moneys worth with the amount of food and drink we consumed. The hotel is a 10 minute bus ride on the Dolmus from Kusadasi Town Centre and costs next to nothing to get on.
All in all, whilst I wouldn't return to this hotel, it was a good value for money option.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lovemyhols563
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Batihan Hotel made my first Turkish vacation a joyful and relaxing summer experience.Me and my family were delighted to find such a beautiful hotel with very good services especially for kids.Lots of activities for adults and kids during the day and great shows every night that will make you enjoy your vacation.The entertainment team surprised us with their great job.This hotel really convinced me to come back in 2014! Enjoy this review and don't forget to visit Batihan at least once if you are searching for a perfect turkish family vacation.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank alexamihai
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

As far as the hotel was concerned it was good but it catered more for foriegn guests but all in all the food was plentyful there were planty of sunbeds and space not many brollies though. The pool slides were great fun. Wouldnt go back to this hotel just because we would prefer self catering but gave all inclusive ago in turkey but its cheap to eat out if you look around.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view in the new block
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tonypw58
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I wase in batihan jotel for 2 weeks with freinds. For me it wase the best vacation ever. Rooms so clean and so luxor very nice view, bar stuf so freindly , but the best wase the animation evry day new show and activity all the day no stop i want to say thank you for evry body and special thank to koko and simo they do really good work. I want ti come back next year for sure.

• Stayed October 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Let me say at the outset that I and my wife are in our 70’s and our views are consequentially subjective. We stayed from the middle of October for two weeks and perilously close to the end of season, as we later found out. The hotel is a large block and the web site shows the layout of the hotel, pools and facilities etc. The side extension block has views across the pools and is full frontal to the nightly entertainments. Any rooms with a rear view in this block will look out onto a side view of the hotel next door only a few metres away!

The hotel complex was run very much as a holiday venue for families with children. The Animation Team did a wonderful job keeping the younger generation entertained with Darts, Ping Pong, Volleyball Petanque and mini golf - just a few of the facilities available. The only problem with this was that we had to endure the nightly entertainment by the team with the heavy music Dum Dum Dum Dum beat depriving anyone with a desire to retire early (prior to midnight) with the task of either numbing oneself with an excess of alcohol, or trying to find suitable earplugs to defy the beat. (Curiously, the shop in the foyer sells ear protectors at a pricey 20 Euros! but these are more suited for keeping ears warm than for sound blocking to heads on pillows.) There was little we found, however, to entertain our generation other than the bar, cards, dominoes or health spa. Excursions were an alternative. Ephesus, Pamukkale, a trip to Samos or a day at sea on an Aegean Breeze are but a few. There was also the town of Kusadasi a short and inexpensive bus ride away from the front of the hotel. (Be sure to pay with Turkish Liri as Euros cause chaos.) Kusadasi is a haven for shoppers with a hankering for a bargain and a ready wit to counter the Turkish banter of pestering salesmen. Never pay the full price and be aware that most “imported” handbags, watches and tee shirts etc. sold are genuine fakes. The old town is historic and the Port and Sea front well worth exploration also.

Back to the hotel: The food was buffet style and eatable but unexciting. I found breakfast cereal particularly disappointing. There was an equivalent of corn flakes that bears more resemblance to corrugated cardboard, something that looks like coco-pops but has no taste, and muesli. Salads and “hot” food are served every lunch and dinner and there was something to suit most people most days. I did find some of the casseroles to be barely warm on a number of occasions during our stay. Desserts were a collection of sugary or honey sweetened mini cakes, jellies and full sized cream cakes. The latter were left with a knife and spoon as the only delivery method to a plate. After only a few guests had their servings, the waste was horrific and the leftovers best described as a dog’s dinner. Having said all that, we did return from the holiday with extended waistlines so it can’t have been all bad! The hotel grounds are plagued with the towel booking of sun-beds brigade - a practice I find objectionable, especially as many would not use the “booked” facility until later on in the day – and some – not at all!

The rooms were clean and well maintained. Bed sheets and towels were changed daily. Only one supply of aerated drinks was made to the room mini bar. The waiters were generally very helpful and, we found, respond exceptionally if tipped in advance. As we found out to our cost, the A La Carte restaurants closed without warning within our first week, including the on site non-inclusive A La Carte restaurant leaving us with no option but to eat off- site when celebrating two birthdays within our group. This can only be attributed to the hotel casting off staff due to dwindling guest numbers and not having enough resources left to keep these running. The beach was reasonably clean and supplied with sun beds, mattresses and sun-shades. The sea was quite warm but access hampered by a narrow stretch of pebbles and stones within the first 2 metres of shallow water.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay – largely due to the company of our friends and a few other guests we met. However, I always judge the holiday by asking “Would I come back?” Sadly this is unlikely to be in the affirmative here.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view if you can put up with the noise to midnight.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends