“Ephesus is a Fascinating Experience”

Best of Ephesus Tours
Private Half Day Tour of Ephesus
Ranked #3 of 20 Shopping in Kusadasi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Best of Shore Excursions is providing Ephesus Tours from Kusadasi, Izmir, Istanbul Port, Hotel and Airport. Tours to Ephesus
Clayton, North Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Ephesus is a Fascinating Experience”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We booked our tour along with nine others that we "met" on Cruise Critic based on Trip Advisor and other site reviews. Our guide was awaiting us 15 minutes early at the port of Kusadasi so we were able to get ahead of the large tour groups going to Ephesus.

Our guide was excellent and brought "life" to the many ruins we saw by focusing on life in the ancient city. The Ephesus tour was a bit hurried and seemed to focus primarily on the terrace houses which we wanted to include in our tour, and although very worthwhile I think we "gave up" time in other important areas of Ephesus.

In retrospect we should have requested a more detailed tour itinerary and length. It may have cost a bit more but it's a consideration.

There could always be more I suppose but overall we were very pleased.

1 Thank knukenc

Nanoose Bay, Canada
“Best of Ephesus”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Ephesus is truly amazing and more awe inspiring that we could have imagined. We spent the day with an incredible guide (Canan) from Best of Ephesus tours. She was so amazing and she brought Ephesus to life for us. Her knowledge of history was outstanding and it was a joy to be with her. She personalized the whole day and made us feel like family. She shared not only history but her own personal experiences, thoughts and dreams. I couldn't give a higher recommendation than to say you "must" ask for Canan. She and our driver were waiting for us as we got off the ship and in no time we were on our way for one of the highlights of our trip. The entire Best of Ephesus gang, Elif, Canan and our driver went out of their way to make this such a memorable trip.

gator country
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Look No Further! Ali Arslan Is Your Tourguide”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 35th Anniversary with a Med Cruise on Holland America. I had be told to make sure that we got a good tour of Ephesus. The cruise ship excursions were very expensive, so I tried looking online. I really did not know which one to go with and honestly got a little mixed up with so many options. I WON THE LOTTO! ALI ARSLAN was AMAZING! BEST OF EPHESUS tours was the way to go! We had a full day with him. We loved him. From the very beginning to the very end, it was a GREAT experience. I contacted him through their website. He immediately responded and arranged for a private tour. He confirmed again later. I did not have to send money, we paid at the end of the tour. Ali met us at the port. We had a wonderful driver, nice air-conditioned van, cold waters, really nice treatment. Ali was so knowledgable. Good English. Young and full of energy. Very personable. He was able to have fun with us, get to know us, but also make sure that he told us about each attraction. We did the Biblical Ephesus with the Terrace Houses included. You MUST do the Terrace Houses. One of the highlights of our trip.
Another highlight was a stop for a Turkish rug demonstration. We got to see how they made these amazing works of art. Ali had also arranged for a private lunch to be served out under the trees. That was one of my wife's favorite moments in the whole trip! It was all homemade things from the farm there. Also, there was no pressure to buy the rugs. And Ali made sure that we did not feel any compulsion to buy them.
So if you are looking for a tour guide in Ephesus, go with BEST OF EPHESUS TOURS. Ask for ALI ARSLAN. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!! Seriously, book it now.
Thank you Ali for a great tour. Thanks for being so personal. I hope we are able to visit again. Thanks for making our time with you so memorable! Sherwin & Debbie Mackintosh

Visited May 2014
3 Thank MusicmanGatorCountry
Phoenix, Arizona
“Considerate and Knowledgeable”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We did a private tour with Best of Ephesus to see the historical/archeological sites and it was the best tour of our 10 day cruise. Ender was our tour guide and I really appreciated the way he took care of us- especially the little things. For example, when he stopped to talk about something, if possible he did it in the shade and/or where we could sit down. He also explained all of the history without assuming we knew, and added in tidbits from the daily lives of the people that made it interesting.

We never felt rushed, pressured to buy anything, confused or anything like that- I really felt like I was being shown the sites by someone who is proud of his country and happy to have us as his guests.

Visited May 2014
Miami, Florida
“A great day with Ender in Ephesus”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Four of us visited Ephesus last week (Celebrity Reflection Cruise) and had a great day with Ender. He was all you could ask for in a tour guide and very pleasant. Best of Ephesus tours from beginning to end was very professional. The vehicle was great, the driver was great and Ender, our tour guide was great. Thanks for the memories.