“Beautiful Homely Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Palmin Sunset Plaza
Ranked #52 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was our second time to stay in the sunset plaza and I will return. It's a small enough hotel with only 3 floors and a large pool area so you are not on top of each other. The staff are extremely helpful and if you are travelling with a family I would definitely recommend, we stayed with our seven month old son and the staff adored him. The rooms are very clean, the breakfast is just ok. Taxi into town (Centrum) is €8 or you can get a bus which I think was about 3 turkish lira and there is a small beach at the bottom of a pretty steep hill just outside of the hotel which was nice if you don't want to go to Ladies beach but that is only a ten minute walk anyway. My only bad point was that in the space of 8 nights I slept in 3 rooms because I requested a ground floor apartment with the baby which I didn't get the first night but the manager then changed us to a ground floor the next morning, then we paid to stay for an extra day and were told after we booked that the room we were sleeping in was needed for another guest so had to move again. Other than that I really enjoyed our stay at the Plamin Sunset Plaza and can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CarlowNatasha

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have just returned from a great week in the sunset plaza. We were 4 women looking for a quiet break. When we arrived at the airport in Izmir we were greeted by very pleasant reps for Sunway holidays. We were then brought to the hotel to check in which was very fast and in no time we were in our rooms which were really nice spotless clean and nice and big. The staff were great, they were really friendly and helpful. The food and drink was really reasonable. The only fault was the weather we only had 2 good days.the town was a bit out and cost 10 euro in a taxi

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank yoyo433
Reviewed 1 May 2014

the hotel itself was nice and clean but having salt water running in the bathroom was disgusting it really ruined the whole holiday for us,not allowed to bring in drums of bottled water from outside shops which was needed for basic needs especially with a baby and young children with us ,we will never stay at this hotel ever again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Natalie O
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We visited with a family of 3 in 2012 and 2013 the room was clean and the staff a pleasure. The receptionist aren't always that friendly but in the time I needed their help they were quick to assist.

The room the first time was beautiful the second time not amazing but ok. Unfortunately when you visit with children they spill crisps etc. on the floor and I asked if I could get a sweeping brush or dust pan for our room and they never understood this we needed to keep having the lady/ Gent come up to quickly clean the floor and give a tip.

Food was nice at the hotel. I would visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlene M
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed here with my cousin and aunt in September, and was taken aback by how much reality differed from the photos.
We were greeted by a musky apartment, with a huge mould growth on the bathroom ceiling - and the bathroom looked like it came from the 70s.
The shower and sink both ran on SALT water - which made having a shower an awful experience.
When I asked my Sunway rep to do something about the moudly ceiling, as it claimed to be 4* she told me "This is Asia, 4* hotels are different here!!" I commented that Turkey is attempting to join the EU, and stars are an international standard. She just fobbed me off, as did the hotel staff - who only seemed to care about tips. I will not be back, nor will I be back to any of the other sister hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank CJPDdublin
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed here last September. The first day we spent there the air conditioning wasn't working so we said it to the receptionist. They had it fixed by the time we back from our night out. During the night the phone in the room rang a few times but nobody was on the other line. We went to complain to the receptionist then he brought us into the managers office and the excuse we were given was that there was a problem with the phone.
There was a good selection there for breakfast.
We asked the receptionist to ring a restaurant for us and they would send out a bus to collect us but the receptionist told us that they don't make phone calls for guests and that there was a phone in our room so we had to ring from our own mobiles.
People who stayed across from us got room service on two particular days, they left it outside there door on both days they were still there the next day until they were taken away.
We were in Kusadasi a few years ago and stayed in the Sea Pearl and we walked down to the Sunset Plaza and thought it looked a nice place, we had a nice meal there and the surrounding area was lovely. It is a nice place until you stay there.
We were at the pool and we heard a lot of people say that they were in kusadasi and had stayed in the Sea Pearl and they said they liked it better.
The hotel staff were polite.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Declan O
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Myself, my husband and 2 friends went to the Palmin sunset plaza for a week in May 2013 and it was great. We had a super view, and everywhere was so clean, and no problem getting sun beds, if they were all gone, the lovely guy who works around the pool got you one, straight away. My friend's had a few problems in their rooms but they were fixed immediately including the repair man coming at 7am the day we arrived to fix aircondioning The beds are a bit hard but good for your back. We didn't eat too often in hotel, as there are so many lovely places to eat down town, but do go to the BBQ night, the food is super, with a huge selection of desserts to die for.The hotel is not suitable if you want to go for walks, as it's in a very hilly area, but you don't have to walk, as the little bus, called the Dolmus comes every few minutes, and for a few lira will take you into town.There are many lovely places to eat, and most of them will pick you up, and drop you back to your hotel if you eat in their restaurants, my favourites were Mayflower, Golden Boys, Somewhere Else (where you can watch the most fantastic sunset from, bring your camera) an Saray's. If you want to see Ephesus, which is lovely, but try go on a day that's overcast, as there is no shelter there and it is roasting, and you can burn very quickly, don't go on tour from hotel, as that bring you to a Very expensive jewellery shop, as part of the tour, and if you think they hassle you, when you are out in Kusadasi, they are nothing compaired to these guys, our guide Sawash rushed us through Ephesus, but yet gave us an hour at the jewellery shop, this was my only fault to the holiday, you would be better of booking down town, with a tour company who will bring you just there and back. The market is massive, and covered in, but still very hot, if its a hot day. Overall we loved Turkey, and The Palm in Sunset Plaza

Room Tip: Make sure you get a pool and sea view room, well worth it.