“A great place to stay for a young active crowd!”

and 1 more site!
Palmin Sunset Plaza
Ranked #53 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Traveled here in May and June 2012- as our class holiday upon finishing up in college. It was an ideal place for us to be. The staff at the hotel are absolutely fabulous! You couldn't meet friendlier people anywhere.

The hotel is styled in blocks with about 12 rooms per block and are accessed from outside which is perfect as the weather is outstanding. The hotel has a beautiful pool area with plenty of sun loungers. There is a small hotel beach which you can walk to downhill from the hotel but the climb back up is rather tough in the heat.

Breakfast buffet at the hotel isn't bad, nothing outstanding about it- traditional continental breakfast. However the omelettes which are made to order are actually fabulous.

Getting into Kusadasi from here is easy- dolomus buses are very regular and cost effective. Taxi's are also affordable but be sure to haggle and agree on a price before getting into the taxi.

When we stayed here there was a very vibrant, young crowd around. Plenty of pool activities during the day. They do a weekly all you can eat buffet with entertainment. It was ok but we didn't go the second week we were there as we had already seen it all!

Room Tip: Have a room with view of the pool if possible!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 27_Bear

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was our second time to stay in the sunset plaza and I will return. It's a small enough hotel with only 3 floors and a large pool area so you are not on top of each other. The staff are extremely helpful and if you are travelling with a family I would definitely recommend, we stayed with our seven month old son and the staff adored him. The rooms are very clean, the breakfast is just ok. Taxi into town (Centrum) is €8 or you can get a bus which I think was about 3 turkish lira and there is a small beach at the bottom of a pretty steep hill just outside of the hotel which was nice if you don't want to go to Ladies beach but that is only a ten minute walk anyway. My only bad point was that in the space of 8 nights I slept in 3 rooms because I requested a ground floor apartment with the baby which I didn't get the first night but the manager then changed us to a ground floor the next morning, then we paid to stay for an extra day and were told after we booked that the room we were sleeping in was needed for another guest so had to move again. Other than that I really enjoyed our stay at the Plamin Sunset Plaza and can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CarlowNatasha
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have just returned from a great week in the sunset plaza. We were 4 women looking for a quiet break. When we arrived at the airport in Izmir we were greeted by very pleasant reps for Sunway holidays. We were then brought to the hotel to check in which was very fast and in no time we were in our rooms which were really nice spotless clean and nice and big. The staff were great, they were really friendly and helpful. The food and drink was really reasonable. The only fault was the weather we only had 2 good days.the town was a bit out and cost 10 euro in a taxi

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank yoyo433
Reviewed 1 May 2014

the hotel itself was nice and clean but having salt water running in the bathroom was disgusting it really ruined the whole holiday for us,not allowed to bring in drums of bottled water from outside shops which was needed for basic needs especially with a baby and young children with us ,we will never stay at this hotel ever again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Natalie O
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We visited with a family of 3 in 2012 and 2013 the room was clean and the staff a pleasure. The receptionist aren't always that friendly but in the time I needed their help they were quick to assist.

The room the first time was beautiful the second time not amazing but ok. Unfortunately when you visit with children they spill crisps etc. on the floor and I asked if I could get a sweeping brush or dust pan for our room and they never understood this we needed to keep having the lady/ Gent come up to quickly clean the floor and give a tip.

Food was nice at the hotel. I would visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlene M
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed here with my cousin and aunt in September, and was taken aback by how much reality differed from the photos.
We were greeted by a musky apartment, with a huge mould growth on the bathroom ceiling - and the bathroom looked like it came from the 70s.
The shower and sink both ran on SALT water - which made having a shower an awful experience.
When I asked my Sunway rep to do something about the moudly ceiling, as it claimed to be 4* she told me "This is Asia, 4* hotels are different here!!" I commented that Turkey is attempting to join the EU, and stars are an international standard. She just fobbed me off, as did the hotel staff - who only seemed to care about tips. I will not be back, nor will I be back to any of the other sister hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank CJPDdublin
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed here last September. The first day we spent there the air conditioning wasn't working so we said it to the receptionist. They had it fixed by the time we back from our night out. During the night the phone in the room rang a few times but nobody was on the other line. We went to complain to the receptionist then he brought us into the managers office and the excuse we were given was that there was a problem with the phone.
There was a good selection there for breakfast.
We asked the receptionist to ring a restaurant for us and they would send out a bus to collect us but the receptionist told us that they don't make phone calls for guests and that there was a phone in our room so we had to ring from our own mobiles.
People who stayed across from us got room service on two particular days, they left it outside there door on both days they were still there the next day until they were taken away.
We were in Kusadasi a few years ago and stayed in the Sea Pearl and we walked down to the Sunset Plaza and thought it looked a nice place, we had a nice meal there and the surrounding area was lovely. It is a nice place until you stay there.
We were at the pool and we heard a lot of people say that they were in kusadasi and had stayed in the Sea Pearl and they said they liked it better.
The hotel staff were polite.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple