“Not Bad”

Sea Pearl Hotel
Ranked #50 of 154 Hotels in Kusadasi
“Not Bad”
Reviewed 4 September 2012 via mobile

Just back from a one week stay in the sea pearl. Was dreading the thought of it after reading the reviews here, but was pleasantly surprised. Arrived about 4pm, our bags were taken by a porter and check in was quick and efficient. Room was good enough, spotlessly clean and kept that way all week. Had an English movie channel which was nice. Pool area was clean, had a nice bar, although drinks are 2 lire cheaper outside the hotel. Breakfast wasn't bad, plenty fruit fresh bread cereal, and plenty of Turkish options. Why do people complain here about the lack of the "Irish breakfast?". You are in Turkey for God sake! Didn't have dinner here as we went to Ladies Beach each night and ate in a different one each night. Turkish food is excellent and the people are very friendly. Try the Sunset and Rosys. Also did the Ephesus trip (amazing) Book with Jean Claude on ladies beach as the hotel tours are about double the price. Also, stay away from Adaland (it's a complete rip off). Hadn't much dealings with the staff so can't complain, but there was one guy ( Irish, the owner) who walked around in an arrogant manner, treating his staff with contempt basically. The only problem I had personally is that the hotel is exclusively Irish, and the Irish are loud and a few dodgy looking drunken ones there(we all know the type), don't get me wrong, most of the people were lovely but I'd prefer to be away from the Irish while on holiday. So, all in all it wasn't a bad spot, not 4 star but the price should make that obvious when you are booking (very cheap)
A

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank Dmfay1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 4 September 2012 via mobile

Lovely place to stay nice staff and food would go back anytime loved my stay there :) rooms were cleaned everyday and they were spotless clean with new towels in the bathroom all the time entertainment was very good aswell there is something on every night

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank barrymyles
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 3 September 2012

just back from staying in the sea pearl. great experience. hotel very clean and staff very helpful. staff with excellent English and always smiling and friendly. room basic but has everything you need. we found the food lovely (lunch/dinner) but a bit more expensive than nearby restaurants/bars. breakfast was ok but we felt not as bad as other reviews on here. omelette's, fresh bread, fresh fruit, juice and cereal went down well. entertainment hit and miss but plenty to do outside of the hotel. bus into town just outside hotel and very frequent every few minutes and cheap, ladies beach just a short walk away. only complaint was the hard bed but still slept well. overall a very positive experience and would recommend to others. we will be back someday

Room Tip: all rooms are pool view.
5 Thank bill m
Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This was my 5th stay in the hotel with my family. The reason we keep going back is the friendliness of the staff and the convenience of the hotel to the surrounding areas. HOWEVER THIS TIME MY FIRST TIME IN 5 YEARS I HAD A PROBLEM, THE MICROWAVE IN THE BABY SERVICE AREA BURNED MY BABY BOTTLES, as my child was only 6 months they were a neccessity, but management didnt seem to think so. He shouted at me stating it was my own problem and not the responsibility of the hotel even though they owned the equipment but because i chose to use it he deemed it my fault. after an hour of dealing with him, my husband appeared and he as reated with a bit of respect, not like a piece of crap on his shoe as he did me, but this would be nomal for women as they are second class citezens in turkey. Finally he did replace the bottles but only for my husband, so a word of advice if everything is going well things will b fine however if therre is a problem staff sont want to know, and as for d rep no help. So after 5 years of loyalty to the sea pearl its a no go for d future. Another thing is their loyalty card, it used to b once u didnt break ur service u got 5%, 10% and so on dependent on ur years going there now however it was our 5th visit and managemet again decided to change the terms to 2009 on so as far been called a loyalty card, it does not live up to its name. Sea Pearl is getting greedy and will destroy it for themselves.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank karenfenix
Dublin
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This was my husband's and I fifth time staying in Sea Pearl Hotel. We chose it again as our previous stays have been great and we have never had any problems or issues in the past. HOWEVER, A WORD OF WARNING ! Mind your wallet and possessions at all times, as if anything happens to same you will have absolutely no help or concern from both the management or Sunway Rep., namely Ciara. Let me tell you our story and I hope it can help if the same unfortunate situation ever happens to future guests.

My husband and I arrived at Sea Pearl on 12th August,2012 and we were really looking forward to a two week break. We felt extremely lucky to get away on holidays this year as the recession in Ireland has really hit us hard and money has been very tight. On arrival we rented a safe from reception for our room to store our Turkish Lira and valuables securely.

My husband had worn jeans on the journey over and had left 250euros in 50 note denominations in his jeans pocket and folded the jeans up with the euro notes on the stool beside our bed. The reason he did not put same in safe is he wanted to keep this money seperate as my birthday was on 16th August and our four children had given him 50euro for him to purchase flowers as a surprise for me for the occassion. He also wanted to keep 200euro seperate so he could purchase dutyfree on our return journey home.

My husband did not wear the jeans at all while in Turkey. On the morning before my birthday he took 50euro from his jeans and ordered flowers to be delivered to our room from reception. He checked that there was 200euro left in his jeans pocket and folded them up and placed them on the stool again.

The Wednesday of our second week hubby checked his jeans and there was only 50euro in the pocket. Even though he knew he had not touched the jeans since taking 50euro out for the flowers there should have been 200euro left. To disperse any doubt in our minds, we serched the room thourghly ourselves, moving bed and checking bags and drawers etc.

After discussing the problem ,and with no doubt in our minds that 150euro had been stolen from us, hubby asked to speak to management at reception. He was brought into the office of the hotel by Ronan, the owner of the hotel's son and explained our predicement. Ronan's response was to ask of us, 'what do you want the hotel to do about the matter'. I need not tell you we were both stunned by this response. Hubby asked Ronan if the hotel should get the police involved seeing as the management did not suggest themselves to do anything. Ronan immediately said as there was no forced entry into our room that the police would not want to know and would be of no help whatsoever. As we had no experience or knowledge of how the police work in Turkey, we felt totally 'up against a brick wall' and isolated in our situation. Hubby then told Ronan that we wished for the police to be called and wanted the matter investigated. Hubby said to Ronan, 'either you can call the police or we can, what's your pleasure'. Ronan then suggested we speak to the Sunway Rep. Ciara.

When we repeated our situation to Ciara she began making notes in her diary. She then asked us why we wanted the matter recorded with her, she said, 'do you both want the matter recorded with me just for your own peace of mind'. I told her we wanted the situation investigated. She asked by who, and when she didn't come forward and offer that the hotel management investigate it themselves, we said that we wanted to report same to the police. She told us the police would do nothing and we would be wasting our time as they would be of no help to us. We told her we would take our chances. She organised that an interperater would be available to us. Ciara called a taxi for us and the interperater to be brought to the local police station.

On arrival at the police station the Turkish Police could not have been more helpful. The first question I was asked by the police was, 'why did you come to us, the hotel management should have called us, the police, in for an investigation'. I explained that both Ronan and Ciara told us that the police would be of absolutely no help to us. The officer's reponse was, 'liars, liars', (aimed at Ronan and Ciara.) The police officer told us not to go back to the room or have it cleaned by hotel staff until they sent forensic's to the room. I immediately felt at ease. I explained that Ronan had sent three members of staff to our room so as to search for the money reported stolen and while they were doing this task a member of the cleaning staff was sent in to clean and wash the floors. The officer seemed dismayed by this and asked us and the interperater to take a seat so we could make a statement.

The police took a statement and during this process they asked for hubby's passport. As Ciara ommitted to tell us we needed to take one of our passports with us to the police, hubby had to go back to the hotel and get same.

While hubby was getting passport the police asked me who had been in the room apart from us. I told him the cleaning staff, a maintenance person to fix the hall light and we had asked for toilet paper on one occassion. All of these duties had been carried out without our presence.

When we got back to the hotel Ciara asked how we got on. We both stated that we were disgusted and appalled by both her and Ronan's reaction and that we expected better help and treatment in our situation. Since then we have heard absolutely nothing from herself or the hotel management.

Apart from the above, the hotel itself and the waiter staff we dealt with have been great and we would have no complaints on that level. We have also stayed in the Palmin twice and the Sunset Plaza once, all under the same management as the Sea Pearl.

With or without our loyality to all three hotels over the years of our stays in Turkey, we should have been treated with more repect and received reassurance in our unfortunate situation. So, future guests to Hotel Sea Pearl, BE AWARE, VERY AWARE !!!

Hope, Dublin.

Room Tip: All rooms seem very well situated for pool view and beautiful scenery.
14 Thank HopeDublin
meath ireland
Reviewed 26 August 2012

we have just arrived home from our stay in the sea pearl, i have to say its a lovely hotel, we were never once hassled about bringing food/drinks into hotel from other shops as some people say they were in there reviews, rooms are nice and basic they are cleaned 6 days out of 7 fresh bed sheets and towels by lovely friendly maids, only bad thing i would say is the food is not great in the hotel and its quiet pricy as are drinks, cheaper and better quality food can b found 5 min walk away on ladies beach. i would definatly stay in the sea pearl again

1 Thank aoife k
Kildare, Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 21 August 2012

been reading some of the reviews of this hotel some good some not so good so i decided to put my 2 cents in, am only home from turkey last Saturday 18th august 2012 my self and my other half stayed in the sea pearl for the 3rd year in a row and there is a possibility of a 4th stay next year,ok so there has to be a +/- list so here it goes
(1) good clean hotel staff work until the early hours to make sure its clean
(2) staff are so friendly and would do anything for you
(3) location is good just far enough away for quiet peaceful time but a bus (short) journey away form town
(4) its also safe for kids which has to tick the boxes for parents
(5)rooms are spacious and cleaned daily

so now the - list
(1) food is average
(2) entertainment is on repeat season after season week after week
(3) a lick of paint wouldn't hurt the hotel
(4) the beds are like rocks
(5) the hotel manager is lazy and rude

u got to realise that a 4* hotel in Ireland and a 4* hotel in turkey dont have to meet the same requirements so you have to approach with different expectations, but some people will never be happy no matter where they stay

6 Thank John K