“Need to improve”

Ranked #57 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Need to improve”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Hotel has just perfect location, right in the center of Kusadasi bay. I've stayed there only one night and had diner and breakfast next day First of all, I was given twin room for single use. Room was spacious and faced into the hotel pool. Cover on the beds were old-fashioned and when I put them off I saw a kind of towel instead of blanket but still it was blanket. I found plaid lying on the floor in the wardrobe. I didn't want to take it from the floor, so finally I got cold at night. Anyway, everything was acceptable in the room except of the hot water. In the beginning I thouth there was no hat water, but then i was told that I need to wait till it becomes warm. Also dinner and breakfast were poor, no choice of cold and hoo meals but a lot of pastries. But staff is great, smiling all the time and helpful. I belive that I won't stay there again if I will go back to Kusadasi.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 March 2012

There is a very busy street with a lot of street noise that separates the hotel (along with many other establishments) from the Aegean sea. This is likely true of most hotels that face the sea in the area.

The view is a five star view of the Aegean sea and there was a small balcony off of the room. I had expected to reserve a 3 star hotel based on what I asked for and what I've seen on the internet but would not rate the rooms as 3 star or above. When we arrived, I asked for a non-smoking room. I was shown two and picked the least smoky room. There was a no smoking sticker on the mirror and an ash tray right underneath it. This was our last hotel and everything we had brought reeked of smoke in a way I haven't smelled in decades. Some of the smell was from the previous hotel although the Hotel Sozer smelled of smoke more than anywhere else we encountered the entire trip. It seemed to hang in the air.

Neither of the two twin beds had a top bed sheet--the only time we saw this in Turkey. I asked at the front desk for top sheets and received one sheet to cover the covers and one bedspread-like blanket. There was no battery in the remote for the old TV, and if there were satellite channels, they were the fewest in number we encountered our entire trip. There were no pay movies as stated on Expedia. The wood trim in the room looked very worn and there was an outlet cap missing. The bathroom light over the mirror didn't work but to be fair, I didn't notify anyone. The hairdryer in the bathroom did work. The shower was fine and had hot water. The room and bathroom were clean enough but very depressing--except for the beautiful view of the sea. We used the stairs mostly instead of the elevator and the stairs had a unique smell.

The breakfast was acceptable although probably not as good as others we experienced in Turkey. The bread and cheese were good, the hotel had tea, and that's really all that's needed. They had other selections as well.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The staff seemed to be trying very hard, were willing to help or make a phone call, and there was always someone on duty. I appreciated the staff.

Room Tip: If the smell of smoke bothers you or you don't like worn tired rooms, go somewhere else. Otherw...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Kusadasi hotels

Portsmouth
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed here for 9 nights on b&b basis. Although the hotel is rather dated & would benefit greatly from a refurb (especially the rooms), I had a great stay!! Yes the furniture in the rooms are old & curtains don't meet & are falling off the rail, the room itself was very big & very clean with new mattresses which were lovely.

The breakfast was your basic turkish breakfast of Boiled eggs, cheeses, meats, breads, olives, tea/coffee & juice, which was fine for me, also some cereals. I decided after a few evenings to try the dinner in the hotel, which was fantastic at just 10 turkish lira (£3.60). Includes soup, salad, yogurt, meat dishes & sweet cakes or baklava. All very yummy!!

The hotel has amazing views at the front of hotel & on the roof terrace, only 5 minute walk into the heart of Kusadasi!! Small beach opposite but plenty of dolmus going past to take you to the bigger, nicer beaches!! I wouldnt want to stay here in the summer as the pool area is very small & i dont think would get too much sunshine & you may battle for a space on the small beach opposite!!

Kusadasi is a very busy resort & if you want a sea view you will get ALOT of traffic noise!!!

All in all a great winter base, great friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank leimo
Gisborne, VIC.
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Great service from the Sozer. I left phone/camera charges behind and once I notified them they cheerfully packaged them up and sent them by courier to me at my next destination.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gissy51
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Great price, views over harbour, location and buffet breakfasts. Staff were friendly.
Rooms have certainly seen better days and leaking bath took a bit of getting used to. That said, bed was comfortable and hotel as a whole was excellent for the price.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Dbth2
egypt
Reviewed 19 November 2011

the hotel is obviously old, but the view is amazing, the rooms need to be refurbished but they are clean, the food is not the best, but really i have to say with this hotel it is all about the location

Room Tip: sea view is more than great
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Noosa, Australia
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Finding ourselves marooned at sunset after jumping from a sinking ship, the Hotel Sozer was the first hotel we found on leaving the marina. As it was right on the waterfront which has a series of bars and restaurants we opted for a room at the back so that we could sleep peacefully. OK, this was no 5 star place but we only needed a place to sleep for the night. When he told us the rate I was stunned! You couldn't get a decent meal on Oz for that price. When he told us it included BOTH breakfast and dinner we jumped in head first. Room was a bit daggy but clean and quiet. Air con worked. Decent bathroom. This place was full of Turkish families and this was reflected in the buffet brekki and dinner selection. Would we return....probably not, but then Kusadasi isn't exactly Palm Beach:)

Room Tip: get a room at the back if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple