“Great Hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 147 Hotels in Kusadasi
Southend-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Best holiday we have ever been on, would defiantly recommend to anyone, want to go back, great animation team. We loved it so much, we flew from bodrum, transfer was good apart from ten min stop, which was pointless as it was 5am.

Room Tip: Choose a high up pool facing room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jack P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Overall absolute friendly staff very helpful and the location was good and ladies beach is only 10 mins walk and easily to find .... The chefs put out great food for breakfast lunch and dinner and snacks the pancakes were to die for...hotel staff at reception were always on hand never had to look for anyone ..the waiters were really friendly and made us laugh ..adaland waterpark and dolphin show is a must see.... We made a lot of holiday friends because everyone was around each other and around the pool and very friendly but a big massive shout out to the four boys on the animation team MURAT and DJ DODO and ISA and FUAT who really made are holiday as special as it was by going out of their may to bring us to a Irish bar and made sure we had a good time and they made sure to look after eveyone and it is because of them four mostly that we will be back made us feel really welcome did loads of activities and games and shows at night to keep us entertained they were all amazing .... Good luck guys thanks a million and will see u next year from Becky the white chicken and Kris and David :-D Room 205

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank becky2k13
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in this hotel in July as part of a package tour. It seemed alright from the photos on tripadvisor and the feedbacks were mostly positive but my personal experience proved otherwise.
First of all, it needs renovation. The door to my room screeched everytime it was openned and i had to slam it shut because it was tight around the jamb. The bed and pillows were not comfortable and the shower faucets were rusty. One good thing about the room is the size. I was just surprised that they were charging extra for the use of the room safe! Shouldn't it be included as part of the room amenities?
The buffet at dinner had a good variety but i suspected some of the dishes were recycled from the previous night's spread.
The hotel staff were friendly but service was quite slow.
Here's a tip for those who want to lounge by the poolside. Get up at 6:00am and save a deck chair with your towel. I came down at 6:40 and was surprised all deck chairs were already reserved!!! If I return to Kusadasi, I would look for other hotel options.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank YnaJB
Horsham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I debated about booking 3* because it really is what it says on the box. Whilst all the staff were very nice, I was dissappointed with the following:
An electric socket in the room was hanging off the wall revealing all the wires, the patio door needed an elephants strength to open it, and I have no doubt that very soon, will all the pulling required on the door handle just to move it an inch, the handle will , by now, have snapped!! I reported both of these to reception but it was duly ignored. To be fair to the Thomson rep, he did say to go to him if any guest had problems in their rooms, and I did not because I was only there 1 week.
The stomach bug..... Sorry to all other writers opinions but this WAS/IS the hotels fault. Eating off dirty tablescothes is not be acceptable. Whilst the restaurant is a buffet service and the evening food was very nice, guests dinning room table covers should have been removed and re dressed after every guests sitting. Putting clean cutlery onto dirty linen stained with old food, is asking from trouble, particularly with a tummy bug being rife . Combine this with the warm heat and tableclothes being unchanged for several hours , up to 24hrs sometimes, is encouraging the germs to spread and grow. Needless to say, this resulted in me too, becoming one of its victims. Adding to this could be the numerous flies on the salad food at lunch which begs the question....... was the untouched salad food being removed and put out again in the evening? Because it was exactly the same salads.
There is NO excuse for poor hygiene and I would not recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank s g
Northamton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

A friend and I had booked a last minute deal to the Palmin Hotel in Kusadasi and I could not be more pleased witht the service we recieved. The hotel is very clean and the staff go above and beyond to make you as comfortable as possible. From breakfast all the way to dinner and around the pool side they made sure you had everything you needed. I had unfortunately managed to catch the stomach bug going around but the staff were very hygienic it was spread through the holiday makers. The food is delicious and is kept hot, the pancakes at snack time are amazing!!! The animation team were fantastic, they introduce themselves and work extremely hard (as does everybody!) There are lots of games they put on for adults to take part in and then there is a kids club. The hotel also put on a disco at bar steeet in an Irish bar, I unfortunately didn't get to go as my friend didn't want to. However everyone that went said how good it is and that the animation tea, make sure you are having a good time. A bus takes you and picks you up for free. I would recommend this holiday to anybody it was fantastic and that was mainly due to the staff and the animation team and know they will read this so thank you :) p.s make sure you have a Turkish bath it is an experience

Room Tip: Ask for a coast view so you can see the mountains and the sea (beautiful views) looked at the other...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rhian280
Leigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We arrived on 1st Sept for 11 nights all inclusive.There was me, my partner and our 2 year old. On arrival, was tired from our night flight, the staff were great, took our cases to our rooms and check in was fast.

The hotel itself I can not fault, we caught the stomach bug which was going around but this wasn't the hotels fault, if the holiday makers washed their hands and was more hygienic it could have been avoided. We didn't let it put us off and still enjoyed our holiday. If you can take a trip to aqua fantasy water park...and try the ice cream was fab.

Over all the staff are great, never met nicer people...there was one small turkish girl though...whose job I want coz she usually sat about doing nothing, didn't see her doing any work at all in the 11 nights I was there...see if you can spot her lol.

Locally the restaurants and shops are easy to get to downhill but exhaustin coming back up.
Please try 'brothers' restaurant on ladies beach....the steaks are huge and it's lovely.

Palmin the one fault you do have is PLEASE sort your breakfasts out, it was dismall. Loved the pancakes at snack time though (dunno how she does that though...stands there for hours rolling out pancakes zzz)

Entertainment team were good.

I would deffo return :)

PS the beds were HUGE could have fit 5 people comfortably.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gemma2013831
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

The food was a let down only because my husband and I caught the dreaded stomach bug. For 6 days out of our 2 week holiday we became extremely close with the toilet facilities......saying that thought once the hotel realised they had quite a few complaints they soon re looked at the hygiene, but really they should of had hand gels etc and those sort of things in place already. I found the hotel management team rather stuck up, none of them could be bothered to smile or say morning, but what do you expect when everyone's got the trots!!. The entertainment team and the lovely Freda from the Kid's Club was a real asset to the hotel. I really enjoyed my time at the hotel... and i would most probably return. Really, the food wasn't that bad, I just think they need to look at their storage/heating facilities,....and please do something with those awful flies.
The hotel was in a decent location, bus service was very frequent to the town, mini cabs always outside, and a free hotel bus to the beach. Overall as I said I would return because I genuinely had a lovely Summer Holiday.

• Stayed August 2013