“"All inclusive" in what dimension???”

and 1 more site!
Surtel Hotel Kusadasi
Ranked #68 of 154 Hotels in Kusadasi
Levi, Finland
“"All inclusive" in what dimension???”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

I was horrified and that is the right word by this hotel. For the days I stayed in I kept wondering on what system it was evaluated and got the three stars allowing it to be subscribed to the all inclusive category?!
That hotel is a joke (not the building itself don't get me wrong but the services) and unfortunately the joke is on us the customers. When I choose it for my holiday I consulted its website and other sites with photos and reviews but when I got there the services proved to be very poor as the food itself. Never in my life I've seen at an all inclusive to mix the food remained from lunch and make it the main course for dinner....What can I say more, maybe it is an all inclusive for raw vegans but not for the ones that need animal proteins in their diet. And about the deserts - if I didn't know something about Turkey I would think that their main desert is biscuits deepened in sugar sauce and meal halva.... we've seen no baclava at that all inclusive. To make myself clear I didn't go there for eating but I expected a proper service regarding the dishes quality. Something else that bothered me was the fact that the waiters were most of the times very unconsiderate acting like they were doing a great favour to the customers.
Moreover beware that the hotel's stuff knows little English and no other foreign language so it will probably happen to you to ask for something and get something else.
I have more stuff to tell but I should end probably with the mess the restaurant was regarding the cleaning part. Not once I've found dirty coffee cups and plates, tablecloths with spots on them, unclean chairs' tapestry and so on.
To end my story I strongly advise you not to go there even if the location is central! Choose another hotel and you'll be in the center of the resort in a couple of minutes for their means of public transportation are frequent and cheap...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Parvati A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hereford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

The Surtel is NOT all inclusive, certainly not as we know it.
I would happily stay there anytime in the future, but on a room only basis.
The location is perfect and the hotel is spotless; clean bedding and towels daily too.
The bar is only open for drinks from midday until 19:00 then again from 21:00 to 23:00, however the choice available is beer, vodka or raki. That's it!
You can only have a coffee at breakfast or at "coffee time" at 16:30.
The food is very limited, salads being the same every day. The hot dish was served by a chef, obviously being responsible for portion control, because if you asked for a bit more you just got a frown and they'd serve the next person!
The lift broke down at some point every day, though it was amusing to keep hearing people banging on the doors from inside!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the hotel as all you can hear in the rooms facing the street are the n...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Steddie69

Travellers are raving about these Kusadasi hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012 via mobile

Got back yesterday from staying at surtel hotel. Wasn't happy with room as booked a sea view and was facing a wall but reception upgraded us to a suite which was lovely and the view was brilliant. Food not my taste but location and sun terrace good to sunbathe. Staff lovely especially reception man who does nights. Had a brilliant time at surtel and kusadasi is the best place ever. Met a couple at hotel, if you read this where's Nathan, stavros 4 plates n daddy i don't like this hotel??? Ha ha ha should have kept in touch. Best holiday ever but would probably stay room only

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Paula-Ha-ha
wolverhampton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

we stayed from 2/7/2012 to 9/7/2012 and was extremely disappointed. The hotel was extremely dirty and our first room smelt so bad that we asked to be moved (325 to 317). The food was very bland and repetative, mainly being turkish, although on our 2nd to last night they actually served chips, which is the only time I ate an actual meal there. Most of the cups and plates were dirty and had to be checked before using. The pool as stated by others was small and sun loungers were few and far between. The all inclusive drink selection were poor and not upto much, although drinkable. As others have said the only thing this hotel has going for it, is the location. At present I would never ever visit this hotel, but if they were to renovate, and cater for us english to an extent, I may consider another visit.

Currently though I would advise others to greatly avoid at all costs

Room Tip: Just dont ever visit this hotel, until they fix and review
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank carl l
glasgow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

we stayed at the surtel from 3/7/12 to 9/7/12 we read the reviews before travelling and thought that people were remembering the negatives rather than the positives well how wrong we were. This place is in need of a really good clean and revamp the furniture should be binned as it is either broken dirty or stained as for the air con the only places that have that are the bedrooms while this is great and it's free you do need it in the dining and reception areas the all inclusive package is a joke unless you like very cheap wine and vodka raki and beer served in plastic tumblers they often ran out of orange juice which wasn't fresh. The food was ok my husband managed to eat most nights where as i ate rice and salad breakfast isn't for the british tourist they don't even go that extra mile to make toast.The pool area has 21 beds and the picture of the pool on this site leads you to believe that there's plenty room what a laugh don't know what they've done to this picture but it's not poolside at the surtel.Recepton staff and bar man were by far the friendliest the rest of the staff really need to get some customer care training.Finally would we stay there again not even if you payed us.

Room Tip: don't bother to book at all
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank selina t
Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Surtel from 24/6 to 5/7 2012 and promised i would write as fair a review as possible. I went with 6 other friends/family aged between 15 to 46. We had an amazing holiday, Kusadasi is a fantastic place to holiday. On arrival at about 2am reception had prepared us filled rolls, lovely as we were starving. We got to our rooms, basic but comfortable but the level of noise from nightclubs was incredible and that was with the patio doors shut! (room 317). Our rooms were cleaned daily, no fault there. Overall the staff were lovely, especially reception but we were informed on 1st day it was a whole new staff from the previous week and whilst there many staff left and a new batch arrived ( i think they chose to leave), lucky them! The sea view promised was side sea view, not a major problem but we did pay extra, its a side sea view on both sides of hotel so dont pay the extra. Furniture is in desperate need of renewing, broked and dirty, mainly on room balconies and terrace, swimming pool small and kids pool is a large shower tray with lots of mould. Vodka is heavily watered down ( tastes like coke), i asked for proper vodka on many occasions and most times i got it. Bar closes at 11pm and no options for any imported drinks. I am the fussiest eater ever and have always managed to find something to eat

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank holidayaddictCorby
Corby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

11 nights i stayed for and was really disappointed as the staff that were there at the start of my holiday left after only being there a week poor choice of drink for all inclusive the life line of a chicken for breakfast lunch and dinner egg in morning and chicken for lunch and dinner. rooms are basic, roof top area small. false advertisement as it shows on internet when booking its on the sea front but its up a side street

Room Tip: rooms on the south are quieter as no night life
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends