“The Worst Hotel I have ever been in Kusadasi”
Review of Surtel Hotel

Surtel Hotel
Ranked #80 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I went to this hotel for 7 nights, all inclusive offer. The receptionist did not speak English good, he was not able to navigate us to the beach or to the mosque. The room was quite nice,but the minibar,the whole fridge was missing, tv had only 20 Turkish channels and the smell from the bathroom was unbearable. For these 7 days room has been cleaned 2 times, but with "cleaned" I mean they did not dust the furniture or clean the bathroom. Towels have been changed twice. In the night the loud music from the bars and discos around the hotel was so loud that even when we close the balcony door we were not able to sleep - and I mean we are young couple -I am 27 and my boyfriend is 24. I wish I could say that's all,but its not. The "All inclusive" was indescribable. We had like 10 salads- tomatoes, cucamber, cabbage, carrots and my favorite parsley ONLY. Portions were so small that we need to ask the cookers to put some more. They do not allow you to put as much as you want from the main dishes (which are 2-3 only). No fruits, only 3 desserts every single day. The breakfast is always the same each morning, in the afternoon you have one small hamburger and cookies. Lets talk about the drinks included - vodka, wine, Turkish rakia and beer... You can get one of course if you have the patience to wait for 10-15 min at the bar for the waiter to finish his phone call... Forgot to say that if you are not from the first people at lunch or dinner you will need to eat you meal with small forks (dessert fork) as there are not enough utensils for the guests.
Pool and outside tables - I hope you all get sunny weather, because if you don`t you will need to clean the tables and sun beds by your own.
The staff- they quite ignore us, I don`t know was this because we are Bulgarians or just because they are rude.
So, my advise is - DON`T YOU EVER THINK ABOUT GOING THERE!

Room Tip: Don`t choose our room 421
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BKorsemova

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I ve stayed here with my girlfriend for 7 days .
It is a good hotel if you do not expect much form the money you payed ( it is a rather cheep price hotel)
So breakfast was the same in all days egg , milk , coffe orange jucie some salami not to bad
Most of lunch where different , and some times at dinner you would have something from lunch but still fresh not so bad .
They have a swimming pool on the roof wich is pretty neet with a bar and you can drink beer wine turkish racky and vodka , and some tipes of juice , indeed they serve you in plastic coups because you are at the pool and you don not want to break glass there !
Coffe was at an automatic filter so you hade to serve yourselff , again not a problem from my point of view.
Regardin the location you could not find a better hotel it is right in the middle of town.
As a conclusion if you wannt to have breakfast , lunch and dinner it s ok , spend a little time at the pool it is great , butt if you are the type who spents half of day in hotel you will not enjoy time here

Advice. It was worth it

Room Tip: Chouse one with sea view you will see the ships leaving the harbour
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marty S
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Looking at this years reviews things have not changed.
The only thing going for it is the location, which was perfect
for everything.
The staff were pig ignorant,if we asked them anything they just looked at you
as though we were dirt.
we were all inclusive but after first day we dined out,
drinks we couldnt keep climbing the rickery stairs to the bar,
would have been great if the downstairs one was open.
When we arrived there we were greeted with no water for shower
and no water to drink,that was shocking we had to wait until mornin,
good job i had a small bottle of juice in my bag.
Three more days we came to be greeted with
no water again and lifts were broke
rooms were cleaned very well,
but this hotel didn`t like english or cater for them.
Worst place to stay never again..

Room Tip: just find another hotel that would be best.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pauline G
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The reception staff were friendly and helpful and the room was large and airy and very clean. The view from the balcony was a beautiful view of the harbour...so we watched the ships leave. The hotel is in a very good, central location and is a good base to explore the surrounding areas.The breakfast was fresh and typically Turkish although there were scrambled eggs too. I would highly recommend this hotel for its location alone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Georgie25
Reviewed 2 October 2013

For the money we spent is perfect. For the stars which is, the quality of service is on top level. The staff is very kindly and helpful. The food is fresh and different daily. We spent a week with my girlfriend and their parents who also liked the hotel .

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Halil D
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I recently stayed here with my husband and brother and sister in law after saving very hard all year for an all inclusive, relaxing holiday. Where do I start?

Everyday the food was the same. Boiled egg, bread & jam for breakfast. Lunch only consisted of a plain, flat burger and when it came to dinner time, we walked into the 'restaurant' saw what was on offer (dried out salad, bread, soup and occasionally chips & chicken) and walked straight back out. We ate outside the complex most of the time which defeated the object of staying all inclusive. Hot drinks were only available at breakfast time and at 16:30 which were given in plastic cups and when we asked where the hot drinks were the staff replied "no coffee" in a rude and abrupt manner.

Day 1- we got stuck in the lift for 15 minutes and from then had to use the stairs which usually wouldn't be a problem but there were rather a lot so make sure you're fit if staying here.

Day 2- the light switch in bathroom of one of our rooms fell off the wall

Day 3- I went to bed earlier than my husband this night and when my husband arrived back to the hotel room he couldn't open the door. We tried to open it for ages but it wouldn't budge. So my husband had to go downstairs to get a member of staff who couldn't open the door either and said that we would have to wait until the next day to sort it out. When we asked what we were supposed to do, the member of staff looked at us and shrugged his shoulders, suggesting my husband would have to wait in the hallway until the morning. Dissatisfied with the response my husband and I had to continue trying to open the door ourselves and luckily we eventually opened the door,

Day 4- we got locked out of the room again.

Day 7- my sister in law slipped on the wet floor on the way to the pool and hurt her back and her head, if there would have been some wet floor signs than this may have been prevented.

Day 9- we bought some water and took it to the hotel room to put in the fridge to cool down because it was hot and to my complete shock found that our fridge had been taken. We went to report it at reception and they advised that it had been taken to be repaired and would be back later that day. That was the last time we saw a fridge.

We didn't use the pool- it was filthy and we didn't see it get cleaned whilst we were there. The staff members were rude and unapproachable, except for 2 (Jimmy & the maid) there were no smiles, "good morning", and no desire to help us, and to be quite honest, who can blame them when they have to work there?

The sunbeds were broken so we couldn't sunbathe and the chairs at the bar were also broken and there was not a safety sign at all to be seen.

We go away abroad all inclusive every year and this holiday was by far the worst I've ever experienced. All 4 of us experienced sickness & upset stomachs which I know is common when going away but not to this extent.

We spent a lot of the holiday being exhausted because of the loud music playing close by throughout the night. I had an allergic reaction affedting my face & also ankle, im not sure what it was from but i have never expience this before.

If you're looking for somewhere to get a view of the beautiful scenery - the most you can expect here is the view of buildings, roof tops & car parks.

The transfer time was at least an hour and half, not the 40 minutes we were advised. I was so relieved to be going home at the end of the holiday. Kusadasi is such a lovely place, this hotel really didn't do it any justice and we went to some lovely places outside of the complex. I would recommend The Lady's Beach. The times we spent outside the hotel we enjoyed and had a good laugh, if we didn't laugh I think we would have cried.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel. You will waste a lot of money.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Jill0856
Reviewed 20 September 2013

dont book this hotel if your english, food very poor the all inclusive is a joke tea and coffee only available at breakfast and 16.30 after that they just say NO. the bar is very basic opens when it suits them or when the staff are available, the restaurant is a trip hazard and slippery when drinks are spilt they dont rush to wipe it up, if your brave enough to eat in this hotel get there at the opening time because when the food is gone you will be left with bread and a bit of worn out salad. the rooms are basic our door had a mind of its own got locked out several times the same with the bathroom which always had a sewage smell in the mornings, light switch fell off the wall when used. swimming pool was freezing, to small enough room for 20 people in a hotel with 400 rooms a joke,i have stayed in turkey many times and payed less than this hotel and its been very good value for money. staff need to be more friendly they tend to blank the english only one friendly staff member his name is jimmy he made us feel welcome, the one and only lift had a mind of its own. now for the good points once you step out of the hotel your with in easy reach of all the bars and shops, cafes, beaches and the views are very good i would go back to kusadasi its a lovely place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends