“Clean Hotel, Boring Food”

Ephesia Holiday Beach Club
Ranked #22 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We arrived at 23:45 and we we're looking forward to dumping our bags and grabbing a drink from the bar before midnight. Unfortunatley the hotel had not put my sons bed together for us so there was nowhere ofr him to sleep. The receptionist was clearly put out at having to sort this out and instead of taking our word for it had to check the bookings first to see if we had booked a child place, even though we had checked in 5 minutes previously! The lads who came to put the fold up bed together did not have a clue how to do it and my wife had to show them.

After that though the holiday improved. Our rep complained and we got an extra a la cart meal. The complex is cleaned regularly by staff who are kind and friendly. The pools are numerous and beds can always be found, eventually.

The food is tailored towards European tastes and there is very little to tempt children. The food is drab and mainly recycled from the day before, but then what would you expect? It's always the same I suppose, but this was the first holiday where I was really bored with the food after a couple of days. We ended going into Kusadasi to eat at one point, which was ace. Breakfast was the biggest dissapointment for me, no bacon or beans, cardboard cereals and 2 dodgy toasters of which only one worked.

Didn't see much of the entertainment team or take part in many of the events as ALL the anouncements were in German French and Turkish! But saying that, everyone had a good command of English and we're friendly.

The beach is rubbish but they all are around there. I don't like beaches anyway, so you may be as well to ignore my opinion on that.

All in all the hotel is nice, I gaurentee that you will have a good time there. Forget about our problems first off, I'm told this is a very rare occurence. However, when you travel all inclusive the food is a very important part of your holiday as all you will eat is in the hotel and I'm afraid it fell well below what I would expect of a holiday, it was drab and of poor choice. That being said the ala carte's were good.

I won't be going again.

Room Tip: We we're in rear facing room facing the tennis court. No sea view but it was quiet which was go...
1  Thank Christopher W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Just come back from the Ephesia Beach hotel at Kusadasi. We booked a sea view family room for myself, wife and two of our sons while our older son and his 6 month pregnant girlfriend had a double in another building in the complex. the rooms were spacious and cleaned to a good standard every day. We did not realise that fresh towels are supplied every day not just in the rooms but for the pool and beach also, which meant we did not use our towels all week.
There is health spa and Turkish bath available on the resort and should be tried. We were slightly disappointed with the food but we all managed to find something we enjoyed every mealtime.
Although there were few British at the resort all the staff spoke English to us and were very helpful.
There are five pools and ample seating round every pool, even though there were six of us we were able to find loungers together every day. the slide pool with six fun slides is well policed by life gaurds when the slides are in use , two hours morning and two hours in the afternoon.
The local drinks, beer and daily cocktails were quickly served by friendly bar staff who worked very hard.
I would recommend this hotel to any family who want a value for money holiday in a well run and relaxed holiday setting.
Our only problem all week came from the lack of representation from the tour agents first choice. We arrived at 6am on a Tuesday morning and our welcome meeting was scheduled for the following Sunday. I went along and briefly spoke to the rep on the Sunday, the only time I spoke to her all week. She confirmed our departure as 22.30 the next day (Monday). We had paid for a late departure from the rooms at 6pm so we only had four and a half hours to kill. We had booked some massage therapy, and then ate at the restaurant and had a last drink. we collected our baggage from the left luggage room. then went to wait for the couch. As we waited at reception I saw a notice which had not been there at 6pm. it informed us that our coach would pick us up at 3.30 the following morning as our flight had been delayed. this is a beach club and at midnight all the facilities close. there was no where for us to wait but outside. First choice were worse than useless and would not arrange a room for us to use..After15 minutes on the hotels phone to England the hotel staff could see how upset my wife was especially as we had two children and a pregnant woman in our party. They saved the day and gave us our Family room for five hours, even giving us a wake up call ten minuets before the bus arrived. Thanks again to the hotel staff for all their efforts.

Room Tip: The Family rooms are worth the extra
1  Thank janet c
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed in Ephesia Beach hotel at Kusadasi and I can say that it was one of the best weeks of my life. The best thing was the animation team (Alpi team?). I participated almost every game they had and I had really fun time. I even have a question for the team. Can anyone come work with you if you have a job open, even if I am not from the same country or full age. I remember that one girl was 16-17. I am trying to learn turkey. Please respond :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nico1122
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed for one week for a romantic getaway. Everybody takes photos of the sunset at this hotel, the views are spectacular. The beach is too small so everyone goes to one of the several hotel pools. They have animation there, honestly I'm not much of a fan of these things.
The food is disappointing, we were both sick after a short time and it was maybe because of the salads. The salad bar is tempting but apparently European stomachs cannot handle the salads (or the water which was used to wash the vegetables).
The all you can eat buffet has turkey every second day. They grilled huge quantities which were then left over because after a few days none of the guests could eat that turkey any more.
The hotel balcony is extremely close (adjacent) to the neighbouring rooms' balconies, I would have preferred a bit more privacy.
We booked a group tour to Ephesus with a guide recommended by the hotel, and this guide took us 1,5 hours to Ephesus and then 2 hours to a pottery factory where he wanted us to buy 'local products'. It was a ripoff.
If you have children or you are young at heart do absolutely plan a visit to the nearby water amusement park (I don't remember the name), it is fun.
We got the hotel for a ridiculously cheap price as a package together with the flight so we can't complain.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nipa27
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed at the Ephesia Holiday Beach Club from the 3-17 August, myself, partner and 4 kids (10, 13, 13 & 15).

We had a quick check in and the reception staff were pleasant and polite which continued throughout our holiday.

The hotel has only a few English guest, with French, Dutch, Turkish and Swedish seeming to make up most of the majority. However everyone is friendly and we had no issues there.

The hotel is quite sprawling with lots of different areas and it never felt crowded at all.

ROOMS
We were in the rooms by the new swim up pool. The rooms are spacious with 2 different sleeping areas, double bed in one and 2 sofa type beds in the other. Both rooms have a TV. There is also a fridge, tea/coffee facilities (best to take your own coffee mate) plenty of wardrobe space, air conditioning - which was excellent; had to turn it off some nights as I woke up with a cold nose! The bathroom has a large walk in shower, big mirror and hairdryer. All areas were clean.

POOLS
There are 5 pools here. The family pool (with swim up rooms), the relax pool, children's pool, slide pool and the activity pool. All had ample sunbeds and there was no need to rush down to get a bed at 6am. There were still plenty of beds available all day. Lots going on at the activity pool and the entertainment staff were great.

FOOD
The food here is typical All Inclusive stuff. Loads of salads, breads, food cooked infront of you, stir fry, chicken, lots of different desserts and fruit. Waiter service was a bit hot and miss at first but we discovered that Mustafa's area was good, everyday a beer and wine appeared at lunch and dinner at our table! Lovely touch. We also went to 4 al la carte's whilst we were there, the Turkish, Chinese and the Italian twice - really good food, attentive waiter service and stunning sunset views.

STAFF
The staff here make this hotel. Everyone is happy and friendly. There cleaners mopping and wiping and sweeping everywhere. The bar staff are pleasant and all work so hard. Vulkan at the pool bar needs a special mention as he was such a nice bloke. The photographers were great and Ema took some stunning pictures of our family.

This is a lovely family resort and I cannot believe that more English guests don't holiday here.

Our only negative was the terrible WI-FI, it really was awful. And with 3 teenagers moaning about lack of internet access it wasn't good. This needs to be addressed because for some people it's very important.

3  Thank louby41
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have just returned from the Ephesia Beach. Myself, my husband and our 6 year old daughter stayed here for 1 week. The hotel is beautiful, it is clean, spacious and well equipped. The pools are always clean and there was never the usual issue with sunbeds.
The slides are great and there is a lifeguard present at all times.
There is nothing wrong with the food, it is your typical all inclusive food, but it was fresh and there was a good variety. The dining hall is again, kept clean and there was never a problem finding a seat. You are able to sit outside and eat as you watch the sunset which was beautiful.
The Al a carte restaurants are good, we visited the Chinese and the Italian. Both lovely. You are only supposed to get 1 visit to one of the restaurants per week, however, it is worth asking as they more often than not let you go again as long as they are not busy!
Staff are brilliant, chatty and polite.
The room was fine, spacious and clean, air con was good.
We ate out at Murphys, we got a free taxi there and back and the food was fabulous as were the staff, well worth a visit.
The beach directly at the back of the hotel is clean and lovely, there is a jetty you can walk down and jump in the sea which is shallow enough to then stand in.
Entertainment by the pool is ok, bit repetitive but good enough. Games are on offer all day and the animation team work extremely hard.
The biggest downfall was the evening entertainment. This was held in an amphitheatre. The problem was it was no where near the bar!!! it was a stage surrounded by stadium styled concrete seats. It would have been a 10 minute round trip to get a drink and it would probably need more than one of us to go to carry them back! This meant that we never went to the shows. There was music playing in the bar area and a live singer one night and we met other families that kept our daughter occupied.
All in all a lovely holiday.

3  Thank MrsB757
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Hotel and staff were brilliant! Pools were clean and well maintained! Food was delicious, we only tried the Chinese a la carte restaurant but that was really tasty! Lunch time was snacks or restaurant but both were nice! Drinks tasted like real brands and bar staff were very friendly! not many British but the other nationalities were as polite as us in most cases! Markets are huge and hot so I wouldn't recommend them, but you can get better prices and quality in Kusadasi town! Ate at Murphy's & Golden Boys as a treat and both were nice however Golden Boys had better food and staff but couldn't say bad about either! All in all excellent value, fantastic holiday and will definitely be looking to go back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family