The downsides of the Ephesia, let's get those out of the way quickly now. Firstly, as the previous reviewer said, there is a terrible smell of sewage first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Secondly, the room was a wee bit basic and we too didn't get any help with our bags when we were dropped off at 7am and blinking shattered (we did see someone elses suite room and that was much bigger/better than ours). And thirdly, my friend had a small amount of English currency that she thinks went missing from our room - unfortunately she hadn't used the safe - but the hotel did investigate that for her to her satisfaction.
But the positives definitely outweigh any negatives - I absolutely feel like we got value for money. There are tennis courts and an internet cafe thing that we didn't use. The food is varied - there's usually a fairly similar selection of salad, but then there are themed nights, like Turkish night etc. And the desert trays are just divine. Getting into the Centrum is easy - the Dolmus stops outside and also there is a taxi rank next door.
The reason that we had a fantastic time is simple, the staff are fantastic. The Animation team (Tweetie, Maxi, Musty, Merdan and Tahir et al) are just brilliant, they kept us all busy day and night with water polo, aqua aerobics, water gymnastics, volleyball, dancing around the pool, mini golf and reaction testing games... I ended up doing loads of things that I wouldn't usually do and had fun with it. The Turkish bath was good - we had a massage and facial, and used the sauna as well. The bar and restaurant staff remember you really quickly, everyone seems to know your name by the second day and as we were travelling as two females, it felt like we'd made loads of friends really quickly and importantly, felt quite safe. The disco in the bar was huge fun - they should do those every night. The entertainment shows in the Amphitheatre were fab too. And the sunsets by the pool... brilliant.
I'd go back in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to spectacular sunsets, the Ephesia Holiday Beach Club’s got an A-plus location. And some of the best spots to enjoy this candy-striped display are from one of its four swimming pools or its pretty beach. Plus, when you factor in good food and a laid-back vibe, your batteries will be recharged in no time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, HotelQuickly, HRS, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ephesia Holiday Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ephesia Holiday Beach Club Hotel Kusadasi
- Ephesia Holiday Beach Hotel
- Ephesia Holiday Beach Resort