“DO NOT GOE TO THIS HOTEL MC 45”
Review of Arora Hotel

Arora Hotel
Ranked #54 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 7 July 2010

about this hotel 9 times out of 10 no hot water to shower in food quite often stone cold most of the staff quite helpfull BUT NOW WE COME TO THE BIG PROBLEM THE LOUD TURKISH MUSIC thump thump thump 14 hours a day ask the PERSON who plays this to turn it down and he takes no notice goe to the management and ask thesame question and they take not a blind bit of notice either so unless you want your eardrums perferated DO NOT GOE THERE the beach is smelley with rotting seaweed little or no sand so my advice to you IS give this hotel a wide bearth

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank MK45MORPETH
There are newer reviews for Arora Hotel

Reviewed 4 July 2010

sam the so called animation team is the most single waste of space i have come across in my lifetime, he sets up turkish disco music @ 10-30 am every morning at noise levels where you can not even make your self heard to the pearson on the next bed. please do not complain because nothing is ever done about it, you have to take the law into your own hands. in 2 weeks sam arranged 4 games of water polo only. (he disapears every day for 4/5 hours) the manager is a charming fellow but about as much good as sam. all the guests are eastern european and you will be luckey if there are any brits .the food is poor and always cold. the beach is total crap ,covered in seaweed and stinking as it decays. do yourself a favour and do not go to this hotel at any cost.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2010

On arrival in the early hours I was so impressed with the speedy service from reception an when I saw my room I was equally satisfied. However, 4 days on and still no hot water. Each day complaining and each day repair man came and tried to repair it, then was offered a different room but at the back overlooking nothing. Eventually they replaced the taps and hey presto hot water.

We were staying in Kusadasi for our wedding and we had other family and friends arriving later that week.

The first week I would say we were the only long term residents at this hotel, however we were joined each day by coach loads of people who stayed for just 1 night and took over the hotel. It was at these times we were sadly neglected.

There was a turkish teachers convention one night - this was also the night my friends and family arrived and I was embarrassed that I had booked us all in this hotel. The restaurant chief didnt even want us to have a seat nevermind a table, we felt like lepers.

Everytime we challenged him about it he just kept saying "What can I do" and shrugged his shoulders. This seemed to be a common theme throughout the hotel. Nobody treated you with any respect at all, unless you succumb to the lechurous attempts from the bar staff - who may I add spent more time watching the tv than serving people.

We complained to the manager - who didnt speak a word of english, but give him his due took the time to listen and tried to help us - even to the extent of the next time we could not have a table in the restaurant he had one put up in his office for us. This was great for us but we didnt want any special treatment just service and respect that we deserved.

The hotel is quite a distance from Kusadasi centrum and you have to cross a busy dual carriageway to get to the dolmus stop. Thats if you have made it down cardiac hill from the hotel itself.

The food was often cold and in the 16 days we were there we had red meat once, every day was chicken or turkey.

The bar regularly ran out of drinks and like i said before this was where the worse service ever was. One night one of the barman threatened my husband and the duty manager had to step in.

I really hope for the general managers sake that they sort out the staff problems as the hotel itself is lovely and the manager deserves better.

Needless to say I will not be returning to check it out.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Iloveturkey007
Reviewed 17 April 2010

arrived at 3.45 in morning and felt happy to be offered a sandwich and hot drink,
night porter showed us to our room and wouldn't leave until tipped. It was very quiet when we arrived maybe 10 people here, 4 others english. day 1 and we saw our view, amazing! About the only 4 star quality, the food was dreadful, lots of dairy based and chicken chicken chicken or a funny grey lamb substitute, never one hot meal the whole stay and the choice was same day in and out. Because it was low season the pool bar was not open, and lots of suits milling around playing pool. No morning snacks were made available, or afternoon tea, or supper. We found a pleasant little place down road called the yellow rose that sold typical holiday grub, pizza, burgers etc and thats how the kids survived. No tea available apart from at breakfast. Huge signs warning you not to bring food or drink into hotel or you would be charged and it would be removed. Reps useless, just want to sell trips.
Staff nice but a bit lechy, we were all female and felt uncomfortable. The every day around 5 the pool would fill up with locals having swimming tuition. Wifi, although advertised is impossible to connect to so had to pay 5 euros and hour, clean sheets and towels each day, no vacuuming or bathroom cleaning though, and the hotel stinks of a sort of dirty toilet water smell, then in the afternoon when it gets really hot it is mixed with sewage. Private beach left lots to be desired, walking there past skips and building sites and sewage tanks not a good thing, and the beach was being cleared with JCB's so not able to go on at all. Pool area mucky and could do with a damn good clean. Table cloths on buffet tables just filthy, Then the weekend arrived and the place got busy with Turkish people so they laid on all the meals we paid for in our All Inc rate, again left lots to be desired, the staff left us alone then to fuss over there countrymen, when they left we went back to basic 3 meals a day and lechorous looks and grunts. Be warned there is lots of building work going on and u near a mosque so noise a problem. Lots of wild cats and dogs too. Kusadassi itself a nice town but you will be pestered and manhandled by every shopkeeper to enter their shop, they even follow you down the street.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2009

friendly staff, close to the beach, out door pool are advantages of this hotel. food was not perfect but it was good. it is more like a good 3 stars hotel rather than a 4 stars.

Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I had just spent 7 nights at "Arora" hotel in Kusadasi. For me was a good experience as I had expected. The rooms are ok. and verry clean, location is good ( you can use the mini-buses to go in the center of Kusadasi for 1 euro), the food is acceptable(if you are not an exigent person you can enjoy the food also). This were the good points, now I will tell you about what was not so good:
1. The seats from the pool were in a poor condition(some of them were broken), but the bad thing is that you cannot find an umbrella were to hide from the sun(I can say that 90% of umbrellas are not usable as the supports were all broken);
2. The beach is very small(but if we look that this is a 4 star hotel I belive that is acceptable )
3. Somme problems with hot water(but only between 5pm-7pm), when most of the rooms are using it, the installation cannot provide very hot water, but you can take a shower in proper conditions.

In the end I can say that the hotel is OK, considering the costs for all the services I think that is a good choice for a medium budget.

Alex.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2009

I love Turkey and am a fair person. Booking this '4 star' hotel was an opportunity to take myself and my daughter away for a week and on an inclusive basis. The hotel itself is very clean - rooms fine and air conditioned (though didn't have any hot water!) can't complain either about the staff - helpful and friendly. So what was wrong?

Well, I only use the bedroom to sleep in and dress (shame I know....) but it is the outside that is the problem.

Firstly - it's situation. Just off a dual carriageway in middle of nowhere. You can't hear the traffic, but it does not have a 'beach front' - you can however see the sea from the window. Great views.

The pool area is shabby - green flooring is peeling away, never hoovered - mould around children's pool; sunbeds were dirty - never cleaned whlist we were there and not enough umbrellas to shade you from the sun (3/4 were broken) and the music is VERY LOUD and they keep playing the same songs and they keep playing the same songs and they keep playing the same songs..........

Food: the chef should be shot - I have stayed in Turkey, love the place but the chef - my god. Chips not eaten for lunch were tossed in tomato ketchup and served as a salad for lunch - same experience for the pasta. Hot food was cold. Fresh fruit was questionable although there were plenty of salads and bread. Lots of bread. If you like bread - you will love this place.

So you have booked and now you're scared - don't worry, YOU may like it. As I said the hotel is clean, bedrooms ok and after my complaints they did clear up the rubbish from under our windows.And the staff were polite and friendly.

Behind the hotel is a restaurant bar called 'Costas' - this saved our holiday; absolutley stunning bar with it's own inside pool (you have to see it - amazing place) great food and fabulous staff. Also has it's own beach front. We spent almost all our time there. 11am - 1am opening times.

Let's mention the beach quickly - it's a bit scary at first because there's lots of seaweed (is a bit smelly but you get use to it) and not much of a beach however, the water is warm and wonderful and gives you a great tan

Kusadasi town centre - huge, enormous - lots there; go. Step out of the hotel navigate yourself to the main road and cross it - stand and all of a sudden you will hear a white bus (it's a small white coach) beeping. Put your hand up and it will flash its lights & stop and for 2 tl it will take you to the town centre (centrum as they say) you don't have to stand in any particular place and they are frequent so don't worry about times.

If you want a main store (like our tesco's) it's called Kippa and in opposite direction. Go to main road (don't cross it) and wait for white bus (listen for the beeping) say Kippa and for 1.5 tl the coach (bus) will take you there it's about 5 mins away.

Bodrum airport - take sandwiches, drinks etc with you - a sandwich is 11 euro's - a tube of pringles 6.5 euro's - it's theft. A woman ordered food for her children(2) and herself and she worked out that the bill was £45.00 (hamburgers, pizza, drinks etc) so be prepared, especially as it may be a long wait and a 4 hour flight so even if you are not hungry when you leave the hotel make sure you have something.

I think I've covered it all - for those who find it ok - good. For those of you who think 'oh [--]' - go down the steel steps and walk into Costas. Then breathe........ smile and say hello to Selo, Hussain and Mattin. They will look after you

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family