“wonderfull holiday”

Ranked #55 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Zurich
“wonderfull holiday”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed in hotel Stella 2 times in summer 2011, I had a wonderful time in this place. First of all I need to tell you that their location is great, hotel is in city centre very close to everywhere. Nearly 1 minute walking distance to harbour and shopping centres and the beach. I stayed in room 501 and our room has perfect sea and city view. We loved our balcony and spend our time there. Rooms are very clean and I visited there when I was Kusadası 2 days ago, they are redecorate the rooms,rooms are more more comfortable and more modern.New beds,new wardrobe,showers. Personally I am very happy because I will visit this place again in 2012 summer.Good news is they are building a ELEVATOR from buttom to the hotel, so after that we dont have to use the steps,and this is great.Couple words for the owner and the people, they are very helpful and kind. I would like to say thank you for their hospitality and helps. Hasan helped us for our trip to go to Ephesus ruins and the Virgin Mary's Hause and very good recomanditations for the shopping nd restaurants, he heped us so much. We just called him when we are in Kusadası bus station, he came and pick us up in 5 mins. While we are leaving he drove us to the İzmir airport.Also special thanks to Erdogan who is the father he was very kind to us. I recomend this place to all my friends and I will be there in July 2012 :)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christine S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We arrived at the hotel on 22th of December,2011 at 3:30 pm after booking 2 weeks prior with another reputable search engine. We received a confirmation and this was our first night Stella . Upon arriving at 3:30 pm we noted the entire hotel was closed .We knocked and rang the door bell for over half an hour with no answer. We finally went down the road to the Sezgin Hotel which was fabulous. The following day on December 23, 2011 we returned once more at noon and again no answer and all doors locked. We emailed the online company we had booked through and they attempted to call the hotel and received no answer.

Room Tip: My advice stay at Sezgin Hotel wich is at Lonely Planet very well recommended and use the money you...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
hasanhp, Owner at Hotel Stella, responded to this review, 21 January 2012
Hello Dear Josep,
My name is Hasan I am the owner and the manager of Hotel Stella. First off all I would like to say I am very sorry for your situation but this situation is not connected with me. Because I already closed my online sales on 15 th November 2011, and since that day we are modernize the hotel for neew season. So there are no possibilities to sell any room. I had this ituation before and couple web companies are copying our prices and name and tring to sell us on internet without connecting to us. So I never received a e-mail from any company for your reservation and anything else. If I recieved anything believe me you will not have this situation. So I just heard this from you with your review and I never know that you had a booking fwith us. I am working with couple online companies like booking, venere and I have no avalibilities on them for those days. If you search you can find us on 1 st April 2012 but not before. I am really sorry about your situation but this is not really connected with me. I wish I could do something for you. Thank You.
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Great room, wonderful view. Perfect place from which to explore Kuşadası and the surrounding area while staying on budget. Staff was super helpful and polite.
Only problem: lots of stair-hiking. Also, proximity to bar street was great for us, but caused it to be pretty loud at night.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank AlisonKL
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Me and my girl friend stayed in July, our actual plan was for 2 nights but we ended up with 6 nights. When we arrived Hasan take us to the balcony and we our drinks behonest we are fascinated with the view. Hotel is right near the port and has a perfect view of the harbour and Kusadasi, then Hasan take us to our room which is 301 and room was great. It has all facilities aircondition,TV, Fridge, sofa and perfect balcony with the same view. Rooms are clean, well designed, comfortable, bathroom was nice and always hot water and cleaning everyday. Swimming pool is infront of the hotel and big enough, and like everywhere in this hotel swimmingpool has a great view as well, and at night they light up the pool and it looks fantastic. We can not leave our balcony also at night it has a great view. As I realised in hotel we always had a breeze which is needed, in town we were boiling but when we came to our room it always has the breeze and we loved it. Hotel is in the city centre, walkable to everywhere and very easy to reach everywhere beaches,buses, shopping centre, harbour, town centre we loved it. And also special thanks to Hasan because he did our holiday great in Kusadasi, we met with him when we arived and when ever we need he was there to help, he did a lot of arrangement for us, did some tour Ephesus-Virgin Mary's hause,Priene-Miletus-Didyma, his recomendatitons are great and where ever we said that we are coming from Hotel Stella they gave us extra intrest. The restaurants were great. One day we were tired because of the boat trip that Hasan send us and was fantastic, and we can not bother to go out for dinner, he arrange a dinner for us in our balcony which was lovely. Be honest I loved this hotel and many thanks to Hasan that he makes our holiday great, and hotel price was very good and valuable, it worth.We will be back soon. THANK YOU....

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank jaime s
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My family (husband, 2 adult daughters, and teenage son) stayed at the Stella Hotel July 15-17, 2011. We did not arrive to the Kusadasi bus station until after midnight. We stopped by the Metro Bus ticket office to inquire about the hotel and purchase return tickets and mentioned that we were staying at the Stella. The person at the ticket office picked up his cell phone and called the Stella Hotel. He then stated someone from the hotel would come to pick us up and they would arrive in about 5 minutes.
Hasan from the Stella Hotel picked us up from the bus station and mentioned he was worried that we had not arrived. Hasan speaks excellent English, so he gave us a great orientation and answered all of our questions on the way to the hotel. Once we arrived, he showed us around the hotel (very nice and comfy) and even took us out on the balcony so we could see the great views of the waterfront. Considering it was around 1 am demonstrates the hospitality was unwavering.

The room was dormitory style, nice warm shower, air conditioned, clean, nicely decorated, and waterfront view from the room. Breakfast was personally served and consisted of boiled eggs, breads, olives, watermelon, breakfast melon, coffee, tea, etc.

Hasan offered many tour packages, but we decided to take the offer of his friend Lily taking us to Ephesus. Lily spoke excellent English and was extremely pleasant. She also took us to the Temple of Artemis. Afterward Lily took us to Lily’s Authentic Art where in her air conditioned showroom she provided us a short history of theTurkish carpets she obtains from the many tribes in the area and presented the Turkish carpets (look very different from what you purchase from the department stores and is much cheaper). There was absolutely no pressure to buy. It was a nice break after visiting Ephesus (the store is about a mile from Ephesus in Selcuk). Lily then dropped us back at the hotel taking the scenic route.

The next morning Hasan continued his superb hospitality and even offered transportation to the bus station because we were short on time and it prevented us from having to wait for a cab. This was an excellent hotel with an excellent location (within walking distance from restaurants, shopping, scenic waterfront, etc.). Hasan and his family were absolutely wonderful and we will stay there again.

M. Johnson

BTW-we are an African American family and felt truly welcomed everywhere we went; by the entire Turkish community.

PS-We had an early dinner at a restaurant on the waterfront in which I got food poisoning and had a true medical emergency. It was resolved within a few hours. I am not 100% sure because I am trying to identify the restaurant based on the receipt, but I believe it is Balik Ekmek (Ataturk Blvd No:1). When Hasan found out he inquired about my condition several times.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank MNJohnson
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The hotel was clean, in a great position and had a great pool!

Hassan was very helpful, he took us on a full day tour, gave us restaurant suggestions and catered to our every need! 10/10

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Nickchap12
Nazareth, Belgium
Reviewed 19 July 2011

this year it was my 11th visit to kusadasi and the 4th year at hotel stella.
I will start with the words of the son "Hasan".... : "my hotel, kitchen is your hotel and kitchen" and really the manager "mr Erdogan", his wife, son and crew are LOVELY !!!
For us, the Belgium people is the breakfast different but is o k, airco o k, swimmingpool o k, service o k and the price O K. I hope that this family can work some more years in this hotel and I hope that the city of Kusadasi say YES to built the elevator !!!!
Good luck to this hotel, family and crew
chris, patricia, devlin,lotte and rony from the little belgium

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family