“Great View, Great Hotel”
Review of Hotel Stella

Hotel Stella
Ranked #53 of 154 Hotels in Kusadasi
Istanbul, Turkey
“Great View, Great Hotel”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

It was a great holiday for us. The hotel has a great view, the rooms are clean and the hospitability is wonderful. Next year we will stay again. The hotel near to city centre, easy to access transportation services. Thank you Stella Hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Such a great hostel/hotel! It was so cheap for what we got, the view was incredible both from our room and from the bar, the rooms were clean, the service was fantastic and the hotel itself was in a great location. The owner, Hasaan, was the best, he was so friendly and really looked after us. I'd highly recommend this hotel as it made our stay in the beautiful Kusadasi even better. We miss you Hasaan.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed at hotel stella after looking at the reviews from this site. When we walked into the hotel we were amazed! The view was breathtaking! Hasan the owner and his lovely father were helpful from the start, however an incident occurred between his friends company who we booked a pamukkale tour with and although Hasan tried to sort it out over the phone, he took me down to the office of his friend and owner of "peron travel" tour company, who then proceeded to treat me with utter disrespect. Continually calling me rude and a liar. I took great offense to this obviously, and it was horrible being sat down in front of 2 Turkish men while they are having a go at you. I broke down in tears and hasan felt no quilt at making one of his guests cry and we then proceeded to leave the hotel 1 night early and he still did not show remorse. I am a nurse and midwife in Australia and if I ever made one of my patients cry I would be completely apologetic and try my hardest to go out of my way to gain back respect. In fairness for this tripadvisor forum, hasan was great to begin with but if it comes between his guest and his friend he will choose his friend over customer service.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Sairaih
hasanhp, Owner at Hotel Stella, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Dear Sarah, As I explained also for your sisters review, what You are trying here is, taking my point down and try to damage my business. There was nothing wrong with me and the hotel, myou were happy till the and. You said you want to attend to Pamukkale tour and arrange to us. I arranged to you, bought the ticket for you and bring it to your room which is our service. On the day you get into bus and suddenly you decide not to go(maybe very tired, coming to hotel late from clubs) and come back to hotel called me expalined couple things that I have never heard that happened in the bus, and aactually it did not happen, and you said you want your money back 90 € Euros for 2 people, I told you if it is like this I will get you money back. But when I called the company and asked for the refund because of the reasons that you told me, he told me they are all your make up with the evidences(like over load bus,fighting in the bus,seats etc) so he said I wont refund because it is the policy. Then I told you it is nothing to do with me so lets go to office and you 2 can speak, I left my jon and took you to the office with my private car(I couldf tell you, you can go and speak and wrote the name of the office one paper but I want to help you,that I am regreting)so when we are there you suddenly start crying like a 5 years old girl and said you want your money, he refund you because you are my customer he said he wants you to be happy and money does not mean everything for us. He gave you the money and you ran away. You left me there and even did not said THANK YOU, your aim was money and as soon as you got it you ran a way.You left the hotel with willing, nobody aske dyou anything. And what were you expecting, were you expecting me to barricade and beg not to leave? You want to go and you went...What you are trying here is damage my business and try to make a negative points for me. Because you two sisters done 2 comments,if it is otherwise even you will not do one comment. So I wrote to tripadvisor also and expalined what you are trying to do,which is obvious here.They might do something with your comments if they dont. Who ever read these reviews and my respond should know that these two girls names given begining just tring to damage my business,and ignore them.THANK YOU!
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The hotel is in a great location with a fantastic view of the harbour however it is very noisy in this area with bar music nearby loud until 4/5 am.
The shower water pressure was minimal and we had to ask for toilet paper every day as the cleaners did not provide any even after repeatedly asking.
There was an incident with a tour that the manager booked for us in which he sided with the tour company. This caused us a lot of distress and we decided to leave a day early as did not want to be in that environment any longer.

• Stayed August 2012
hasanhp, Owner at Hotel Stella, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Dear Sarah and Angela Louise Hamilton, room number 502. First off all I should answer which is related with me. You asked for the toilet paper once and you got it straight away from reception and the lady cleaner forgot to put it day day, which is possible, but I said sorry and gave straight away 2 and you said no problem at all. And after that all your staying I was the person helping you and giving you the informations about everything that you are needed,even little details to make your staying and holiday better. You asked me for the Pamukkale tour and I have done the arrangement and bought the tickets and bring them to you(Same time I have done for 4 Japaniese people and they have gone 1 day before you,remember)You gave me the money and I bought the tickets for you. In the morning of 20 August,the day that you supposed to go to Pamukkale, at 09:20 you called me from reception and you said you got off the bus because bus was over booked and late leaving Kusadasi and etc. and I said ok so I will speak to the agency and ask what happened and you said you want the refund. I spoke the agency and said what you were telling and agency did not accept and one day after I took you to the agency and the man in the agency prove that bus was 29 people(capacity 31) and has the signature of everyone and leaving Kusadasi at the time which should be. And you started to crying to get back your 90 € Euros (for 2 people) and he expalined that cancellation is not possible till 24 hours, and you are the one left the bus(with willingly) and he said ok I do not want any problem, also I know Hasan and I will give your money and put your 90 € Euros on the table and you grab it and run a way of the agency. With out saying thank you to me because I took you there with my car with leaving my job in the hotel just for helping you and to make you happy and I did not ask any money for it, and I was the person waiting in the agency next to you to take you back to hotel. So even these happened I was the person tryin to help you and you are talking about terrible service.I am the person took you to the Turkish Bath place with car and did not ask anything, they were all for you, to make you happy. And you are the one very happy and glad of being here. What I would like to say Sarah and Angela please do not try to denigrate about my business and my Hotel and try to show me bad to my customers beacuse everybody leaves happ form Hotel Stella. All these happened between you and the tour company I was the person helping you.So in my opinion you had the best service that you can have in this town and all for free,never asked any fee. Also about the water I do not think you are telling the truth because we never had a complain about the presure, also we have a presure tank for it and about the loud music you are the one who comes in the morning arround 4-5 p.m. so that music must be from the clubs and still echo in your ears.
East Marion, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Great, Beautiful View of Harbor ask for 3rd floor or above for view, Room 301 good choice. Pool faces harbor too! Convenient to harbor waterfront for restaurants, shops, strolling. When you check in ask for everything you need to know: air conditioning operation, internet password, etc. - there are no intercom phones in room - it's a walk down steps to front desk. We did not see a restaurant and we were not offered breakfast, not a big deal to us. All that said, the owner is very nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: View of Harbor: Ask for 3rd floor or above for view, Room 301 good choice!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Barrow
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I was Island hopping and decided to go to Kusadasi.
I stayed here for five nightsThe whole family made you welcome.
The place was very spacious and very clean.
Ideally placed for the Port and would not hesistate to stay here again

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank PedroBarrow
ph
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My opinions of this hotel are the same as the others who gave Hotel Kusadasi a positive review so I'd rather not list them down again. The only cons are the outdated interiors/ambience and I would have given them a 5/5 or 95% if they did something about it...

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea. The best rooms are the ones above the ground floor: View is unobstructed and...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo