All reviews rooftop terrace home away from home makes delicious breakfasts call to prayer travel overseas fresh bread and pastries restaurant recommendations virgin mary wifi connection few minutes walk izmir airport town centre sandra selcuk simit dolmus
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Sandra is one of the most lovely people we have met on our entire trip travelling for 6 weeks. She is an outstanding host.

The accommodation was 10/10!! There was: nice showers and toilets, comfortable beds and pillows, air conditioning, a cool roof top garden with a stunning view, yummy breakfast and so much more.

We were so impressed with this place. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly to everyone. It would have to be the top accommodation of our trip.

Also a cute little puppy made the stay even better :)

Just amazing!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2017

May 2017 was my 4th visit to Anzac Golden Bed Pension in Kusadasi. My first visit 4 years ago was one of the most relaxing and exciting experiences of my life, being my very first time to travel overseas. The beauty of Kusadasi can be seen from the fabulous and amazing rooftop terrace, Anzac Golden Bed Pension itself is a charming and welcoming place, and the rooms are light and airy, some with spectacular views of the port and the surrounding mountainside, you have access to a very good Wi-Fi connection, so staying in touch with your friends on Facebook and other social media is a bonus. Sandra is an excellent hostess who makes delicious breakfasts and is up early in the morning to head off to the local bakery on her scooter to get fresh bread and pastries baked early that day. We shared so many memorable moments, from interactions with the neighbours to cooking meals in the kitchen.
If you are a dog lover you will fall in love with Takoz and Suti, they always seem happy to see me again year after year. Also Takoz always likes to sing along to the Call to Prayer.
Anzac Golden Bed Pension is only a few minutes’ walk from the buzz of Kusadasi but far enough away to relax and unwind.
A visit to Ephesus and the House of the Virgin Mary is a must and also jump on the dolmus and head to Selcuk on Saturday morning for a visit to the bustling markets.
I would highly recommend a visit if you are ever in Kusadasi.
Anzac Gold Bed Pension always feels like a home away from home for me.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

This was my second time staying at the Anzac golden bed pension. I chose to stay there a second time because Sandra the host made us feel so welcomed our first time there. And the second time was no exception. We love the atmosphere of the pension, it's central location and proximity to food and nightlife. As well Sandra naked you feel right at home and is willing to do what it takes for you to get the best experience while there. I would not hesitate in staying there again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

I was there for a brief visit. I did not enjoy the town itself but I cannot fault the accommodation. Very helpful, accommodating host. I would recommend it because it is cheap and clean. Not extremely luxurious but it was good value for money.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2016

The pictures truly tell the story- our host Sandra has built on the charm of a lovely traditional home in the the old town of Kusadasi- creating a wonderful ambience with a Turkish feel and a friendly style of hosting to complement the wonderful roof top terrace and room views to the beach and across the city. Only 2-3 minutes walk to the main centre of town and then you are in a village atmosphere.
Sandra gave us so many tips on where to go which really added to our stay- day trips, shopping tips and local restaurants. We saw her welcoming all guests in a similar way. Lovely fresh traditional breakfasts- with bread she bought daily from the local bakery and food from local farms (eggs, tomatoes, olives, cucumber).
Her dogs were also welcoming and gorgeous, they were friendly and real characters.
Fresh towels each day- the place was immaculately clean. Air conditioning worked very well, great we could also enjoy the refreshing sea breezes in our room and balcony.
I will always remember relaxing on the rooftop with the sun going down on Kusadasi and sharing a refreshing Efes- so pleased we came to Turkey! We feel safe and truly welcomed by all we met on our travels.
Enjoyed the short walk up the hill begin greeted by locals. An enchanting country, our stay in Kusadasi and visit to Ephesus a highlight.

Room Tip: Great sea view room & balcony and roof terrace- welcome change from 'cooky cutter' resorts and soulless hotels- a touch of real Turkey!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Aegeanhospitality, Owner at Anzac Golden Bed Pension, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Dear Judith,

Thank you so much for your kind words and it was my pleasure to have met you and your husband Phil and have you stay at my Place. As you know first hand , I am a sole proprietor and have been in this business for many years. Although, I have never really considered it as a business, more a life style and a passion..... meeting people like yourselves makes it all worth while and regains my confidence to continue to ensure that all my guests are made to feel completely comfortable, safe and able to enjoy the highlights of local Turkish culture that Kusadasi has to offer...thank you again. Kindest regards, Sandra Galloway (Proprietor)