“Basic”

Ranked #113 of 154 Hotels in Kusadasi
Wirral, United Kingdom
“Basic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just got back from a week all inclusive with the family, entertainment staff very nice. There's 1 swimming pool witch is good and warm to be fair not fighting for sun beds of a morning like some other hotels I've stayed in, food poor didn't cater for the English what so ever

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

A friend of mine and I stayed at Club Scala Nuova for 2 weeks. We arrived at around 2am due to a late night flight and when we arrived, the staff gave us a very warm welcome by seating us down in the lobby and carrying in our luggage from the boot of the transfer shuttle. We introduced ourselves and had a friendly, short conversation with the staff. They explained briefly the eating and snacking hours and told us if we needed any extra information, that they were always there to help. Before I had a chance to ask, the receptionist wrote down the Wifi passcode and handed it to me on a piece of paper, I was very thankful as the first thing I wanted to do was contact my parents to let them know we were safely settled in Kusadasi. Taking in to account the late hour, they gave us a room key, they transferred all of our luggage to the room.

The next morning we woke up and rushed on to our balcony to find that we were given a beautiful hotel room with a sea view, the holiday was immediately more appealing knowing we could see sun rise and set everyday. We are so thankful for the way we were treated during our stay. If we ever had any queries, they were answered immediately. Lounging in the lobby was always a delight, staff never failed to offer us a hot drink or have a Fanta ready for my friend if she asked. It got to a point where we were welcomed with drinks every evening in the lobby and became good friends with the staff that were there.

Mustafa, the reception manager would always see us around the resort and be sure to stop and ask if everything was okay, if we were enjoying the food and if we needed anything.
Food at the hotel is delicious, but a larger variety of hot food would be preferred. Drinks (fruit juices or even water) could be served or machines left on and available to guests during later hours, this would be much appreciated as my friend and I used to get back to the hotel late at night or in the early hours of the morning and not have a quick drink to take to our room if we had liked.

Either way, the staff at the hotel are very hard working, they even gave out free prepared breakfasts during the Ramadan period and we had access to the drink machines during the early morning (around 3 am). This was not part of the all inclusive package, but what they felt was an obligation to their guests that come from many cultures and backgrounds.

During our last few days, we went to the spa and hammam and I received the Aura package which consisted of a Turkish bath, face mask and face and full body massage; all for just 100 Turkish Lira (about £30). The spa was beautiful, the masseuse was a lovely young woman and took very good care of us. We also had the choice of being treated by a male or female and appreciated the fact that we were able to choose as many places just have a male available in Turkish baths.

Overall, Scala Nuova made my trip to Turkey a memorable one. After two weeks, it felt like home and I was comfortable wherever I was at whatever hour in the resort. The evening entertainment ran from 10-11pm and was very enjoyable, the belly-dancer and folk dancers were wonderful, keep up the good work!

I'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone at Scala Nuova, but an extra thank you to the very kind and hard working Mustafa Atilla-yi. We'll be back next summer, until then, have a great year.

Best wishes,

Mariam and Safia

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the lobby have better wifi signal but further from the lobby means a better view of...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mariam A
İbrahim E, Sahibi at Club Scala Nuova, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for your rewiev. Valuable opinions, services towards achieving the most perfect, gives us a great motivation.in the nearest time we will be pleased to welcome you again.

Best Regards..
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Let's start with the good points
+ On a dolmas route (quick escape)
+ nice view of sunset
+ fire breathing entertainment
+ spa is first rate but costs extra

Now the bad
- bored/ignorant/disinterested staff on reception upon arrival
(No offer of a drink/food, despite our late arrival circa 23:00)
- tiny, dirty / unfinished room
(Wonky tiles, dodgy door, power key was wobbly occasionally didn't work)
- dirty plates / food / drinks in corridor
- shower tiny and when you looked up you could the half finished ceiling with exposed plasterwork through wooden slats and when you turned the tap to hot it ran cold (!)
- paper thin walls mean that you hear everything going on next door from tv, toilets, shower doors banging etc.
- food very bland and very, very samey,
- breakfast - boiled eggs and a selection of cold processed meats. One toaster (?)
- pasta/rice horrendous 'kofte' imagine frozen kebab meat & you're there
- hot food served as cold as they don't use urns
- insufficient crockery/glassware / seating at meal times
- if you were to miss the first half an hour of the 2 hour service food was rarely replenished leaving cold / leftovers.
- drinks, stick with post mix / lemonades. The local spirits were all a bit ropey apart from gin when mixed with lemonade.
- snack bar miles away from the pool & rooms
- music is AWFUL. Why why Delilah, wham, police on repeat. Then at night in between kids entertainment they play n***as in Paris by Jay Z, probably one of the most expletive laden songs he's done and they use as 'mini disco' music. Hilarious if it wasn't so inappropriate.
- free wifi didn't work. Asked at reception and they said wifi didn't work on apple devices?! Good one
- when we arrived we had one hand towel between two & no large towels
- we also had to ask for toilet paper to be replenished (they left us with none)

Don't stay if you are expecting anything approaching 4* it's probably 3* star & only just.

We spent most of our time after our first day - out & about - eating & drinking in the harbour which is a bit rubbish when you've paid for an all inclusive hol.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank JohnJasmine0114
İbrahim E, Sahibi at Club Scala Nuova, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Mr. JohnJasmine0114;

first of all thank you very much for shared your comments with us.so i reconnoitered for subjects on your rewiev.
we did not commitment any food or beverage service for late night check-in still we thought our guest's contentment and we started lunch-box service for late night check-in.
we had conversation and meeting to technical staff about shower and the other accident aswell.
The menus are changing everyday for lunch&dinner and thats will be developing to our British guests.
i would like to see you again in our hotel.

Best Regards.

Travellers are raving about these Kusadasi hotels

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just had a recent 3 day stay at this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised. Staff were professional and helpful. Food was good and service was excellent, nothing was a problem. Location not too far from the beach and the minibus stop is right outside the door. All in all a good hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank crazycat96
Tamworth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

After arriving at the airport and being driven for an hour and forty minutes, we arrived at the hotel. Its was around 11pm. We walked into the reception to check in and this was done fairly promptly, a guy came to take our luggage and off we went to our room.
The rooms are very very basic, and if honest not very clean. The fridge had juice from the previous guests and when I pulled the bed out there was all hair down the side.
As it was so late and the children were very tired we decided we needed a drink, well water anyway and maybe a small snack.
Off back to reception to see if there was anywhere we could get anything, this being an all inclusive hotel - I didn't realise I was asking for much. When we got to the reception were told that everything had closed. With a 2 year old and a 6 year old we needed water at the very least, when I asked for this the receptionist bought us a glass of tap water. we did not want to give the children tap water...
Eventually when I asked again and again he told us that there was a supermarket 200 metres down the road that "may" still be open. Off we go, nearly 11.30pm and were walking down a dark road to find a supermarket. Luckily we just caught it as it was closing. We purchased some water and some pringles to get us through the night. Them pringles tasted good!
Next morning up bright and early ready to start to enjoy our holiday and down for breakfast we go? oh dear, flies everywhere, food looked awful, so some bread and butter was eaten by all (the bread was good) I ended up living on it for a week. The furniture was tired and the place just felt half opened and shabby.
We decided to sit by the pool for a while and see if lunch was any better, it wasn't. Soup and bread for all. Back to the pool area, there was not many Brits around but one lady from Holland they did some chips at 3pm down at the garden bar. We did eventually find this and thought we would grab a beer. The beer was good, although again the surroundings were tired and messy.
I went to the soft drinks machine to get a juice for the little one and got a tremendous electric shock! When I told the guy behind the bar he just smiled. We later found out that some children had had shocks too and nothing had been done about this.
As the week progressed they seemed to get into shape, the food didn't improve, the entertainment was none existent (until the last night) and the hotel still felt half closed. They did replace the restaurant half way through the week, and all seemed to be getting better. We got through it and to be fair none of us were ill, probably because we never ate anything. We paid and went out for dinner every night and some lunch times. It was a bout a 20 minute walk into the town. I personally would not go again, although some of the people we met there said they would as a cheap getaway.
The highlight for me was a guy cleaning the limescale off the side of the waterfall with what looked like a heavy chemical with it all going into the water. Brilliant work!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank monkey301981
İbrahim E, Sahibi at Club Scala Nuova, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Monkey301981
We are really sorry about got the some problems in our hotel.We are looking forward see you again in our hotel and as you saw that fixing that problems.Thak you very much for your objective comments.

best regards.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We arrived at 11:20 pm after 2 hours driving from bodrum airport there was a male reception at the hotel without saying hello or welcome asked for our passport .i did have him the passport after 5 minutes he gave me back all passport and the keys .i did asked him if our room is twin room he looked and said is bigger room I asked him again is that twin room or double room he pulled his face and gave the same answere I was very disappointed with hotel customer relation on our entry. As we open the door I could see a standard room with an extra sofa bed for our 5 years old doughter .in the morning we went to the self service they only serve cold breakfast in this hotel and every day the same thing any way after breakfast I went to the reception to make a complain about the room but receptionist couldn't speak English and she did her best to explain to come back in the evening .i went back in the evening and the same guy was at work I told him this room you gave us is not twin room and we paid for twin room this time he came out from his desk and stand front of me face to face and he said do you understand my English I said yes I do I could see people in thethe Lobby panicked a little bit .he told me the same thing you got a bigger room I told him room is a normal room with an extera sofa bed he was getting red and angry I tought is better to leave it as it is and suddenly he said ok I can change you room tonigh but tomorrow I will change the room .they never change the romm and now I am making a complaint to the travel agent and asking for the refund. Beside this If I want to add few other things is the food at self service every day the same boring thing is a good time become vegetarian because you won't see any red or white meat.your beds get tidy every day but not changed.but kusadasi I a great place with nice people I do recommend to see kusadasi.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Ashinkk
İbrahim E, Sahibi at Club Scala Nuova, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Ashinkk;

we are really sorry about our receptionist friend.we thought that there is a miss understanding about his body language.when we talked him about this subject he told that i vent to him for explain what i wanted to say.so spoken to him and he is really sorry to became a part of this problem.
we would like to see you again in our hotel near future.

best regards.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just returned home from a weeks stay at the four star Club Scala Nuova. We arrived at 2am in the morning after a 2 hour transfer from Bodrum Airport.

First impressions of the hotel where not great considering we had just dropped someone off at the Fantasia 5* hotel which looked amazing. Check in was short and simple no issues, we where given our key and a guy came to help us with our luggage. In a small lift down, down some stairs, into another lift upto the 3rd floor. Our first room was looking out over the pool, one bedroom with a fridge, chair, dressing table and wardrobe. A small (I mean small) balcony over looking the pool and a average size bathroom shower room. The decor was basic and not finished to a high standard, the front door did not seem safe (we put a full case in front of it) and the bathroom was very basic and poorly done (nothing was straight) All of the tiles needed cleaning or regrouting a lot of TLC needed here. After taking all this in I thought I am not staying here and off I went to reception to complain. They where very helpful in saying it is 2:30am now what can I do now, leave it till the morning and I will sort it out a room with a sea view.

The next morning I was given another room on the same floor with a sea view, it was a family room which consisted of a large living room with 2 double couches, a chair and kitchen area, decent size bedroom (similar to first room but this was just our bedroom) and a similar sized bathroom. All the other faults I found with the other room disappeared and our whole percepation of the hotel / holiday changed. The space gives you a different outlook, the decor was the same, the TV was worse, the bathroom was slightly better, the balcony was 150% better (double) with an amazing view of the town and sea. - Our holiday began.

Breakfast - was a cold breakfast with only boiled eggs and 1 toaster for all guests to share. Plenty of salad on offer
Dinner - was a mixed buffet style of basic food of no real substance - salads, cold pasta, chicken, meat balls, cheese pasties - same foods on a daily basis
Snacks - was chips with either salads, burgers (only once a week I think - thinest burger I have ever ate), pasties
Tea - was a mixed buffet style similar to dinner
We are fussy eaters not really willing to try the unknown, you could find something to eat everyday so you won't starve, it does repeat itself but it is fresh.

Entertainment
The entertainment team are working with a low budget, games are basic and don't require much equipment. This could be improved a lot making it easier for the team to deliver - don't expect to be entertained all week at the hotel, 11pm it is quiet which is nice if you are looking for a quieter break. The town centre is a 15 minute walk downhill and you you can party all night long if this is what you are looking for, 10L about £3.00 in a taxi back up, well worth it don't walk the hills.

Overall the hotel has had a good photographer in for the proffesional photos but don't they all. This holiday was a cheap, last minute break for what I paid it was a very good week.
Good Points
1) Weather was excellent
2) Location was good, not next to the strip but within walking distance or a quick bus / taxi ride
3) The hotel was clean - picked up when lady arrived with clipboard
4) Lots of staff to help
5) Room we ended up with was a very good size with everything we needed - cleaned on a regular basis
6) Late check out - no charge
7) Free safety deposit box due to room change
8) Spa on site - got a turkish massage - excellent
9) Always beds avaiable around the pool - maybe different is busy season though

Bad points
1) Poor decor
2) Repetative foods / more choice needed / more equipment
3) Poor entertainment

I would return to the hotel for the price I paid, worth the money and compared to some hotels we seen and their locations (choose carefully) it is a good place to stay. If you are paying less than £300.00 for a week AI, including flights, luggage and transfers you should not be expecting 5 star luxary accommodation. It was basic but clean, staff where polite and helpful (if you treat them right and I mean manners not tips). The hotel could do with a fine clean and tidy up as it is a bit rough around the edges but I would recommend staying here if you are looking for a cheap break. If you want something special or more comfortable then spend more money on your holiday. If I am looking at another cheap break I would definately return but only in a sea view room.

I hope you find this useful

Room Tip: Sea View family room - trust me I moved rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank M B
İbrahim E, Sahibi at Club Scala Nuova, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear M B;

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay at Club Scala Nuova.
The reviews posted by those who have visited us are helpful to those considering coming to Club Scala Nuova for their holidays. Your review and those of all the great people who stayed here before, allow everyone to see what we do and what we offer. It gives them a chance to savour the atmosphere, the style and the charm of this place and also allows an opportunity for all the staff who work here to have some recognition for all the hard work they do.
Thanks for writing such a nice review, but most of all, thanks for choosing us in the first place.

Take Care