“Nice week away”

Ranked #113 of 154 Hotels in Kusadasi
London, England
“Nice week away”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Got back from a week all inclusive, it's not the most luxurious hotel by any means but the staff are friendly and very hardworking. We had a clean room with a sea view, always got a sunbed and the pool is nice and clean. The food is hit and miss but we always found something to eat. A bus from outside takes you into the centre on a seven minute journey, which costs next to nothing. The town is busy full of lovely restaurants,bars and lots of shopping all so cheap. I got what I paid for and enjoyed the holiday and didn't really have one grumble. If you're looking for a five star then pay for it. In all had a fab week, enjoyed the company and the location is great easy access to everything. You do get bothered by the
pool for the spa, trips etc but they are always friendly and you don't feel pressured. If you don't mind overlooking the imperfections you can have a lovely week away.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
İbrahim E, Sahibi at Club Scala Nuova, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Liz Rodger ;

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with us. You are the opinions of the utmost importance to us. Changes in the quality of service we need to do so we are treated well. We are honored to welcome you again.

Sincerely.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I had been dying for a holiday this year and having had a great experience with all inclusive last year in majorca, i felt this sounded perfect, ratings good, trip advisor rating good and so had high hopes. How wrong was I. :(( arriving in the early hours of the morning, welcome was poor, no offer of water, snacks or anything despite having an infant with me. Initial room given was terrible, tiny and absolutely filthy. I didn't bring any towels apart from the beach towels and the towels we were provided were stained yellow, i had to throw them on the floor was so disappointed but too tired to argue and asked for new towels. We were meant to be given a cot but they had none available and so asked for a double room, so for 3 of us was very uncomfortable. We asked for another room and confirmed the nxt day we would get a family room. We did get a bigger and abit nicer room as had seaview but here is a list of all the things that we couldn't believe this hotel offered
- dirty stained sofa
- no flat screen tv
- dirty bathroom, mouldy tiles, shower head full of limescale, toilet brush filthy, no soap or toiletries
- dripping AC unit, baby slipped several times ended up putting towels on the floor
- AC unit located in living room area and so bedroom would not be cool at night
- fridge that kept freezing everything we put in
- rooms were not cleaned daily
- not much variety of food at breakfast, lunch and dinner and not very turkish, mainly salads and different variety, no fruit selection or yogurts etc
- entertainment was mediocre, the same for kids everynight, my little one loved it though
- not all staff welcoming or friendly - one of my favourite staff appeared to have been arrested while we were leaving, a young lovely girl.
- lifts were dirty
- corridors filthy

I do have to mention a few good points
- view from room was amazing
- location of hotel was great
- having mentioned problems the facilities manager did try and make some peace by sending us fruits to our room on our penultimate night and started to make changes but not good enough. My general problem with this hotel was the cleanliness and the lack of variety of food. We ended up eating out a few nights which we shouldn't have had to as we paid for it all.

I was thoroughly disappointed and cheated by the hotel, tripadvisor and the holiday company. I am not sure if i will ever trust the aforementioned again and i will formally complain.

Room Tip: Pick a family room with seaview
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Krisha1009

Travellers are raving about these Kusadasi hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel felt rushed as much detail wasnt finished. I.e paint , cleaning not up to scratch. Hotel my opinion not 4 star. Negative comments are spot on as I went on the premise of the positive comments. Plz scala and read all the negative comments and action to fix them. We all save all year for our hols and dont expect to be disappointed.

NegativeFood samey and cold, hotel overall dirty, reception service v poor? Wi fi not fit for purpose, pestered from outside restaurants to eat there, animation not good same old, managers and older staff didnt engage or speak the whole week we were there no free bus to beach only if you purchase a umbrella etc

Positive- young waiters very pleasant always says high and engaged on conversation
Bus always availible
Close to amenities.

Overall poor not a 4* dont know how the rating system works?

Whole hotel needs a deep clean and a risk assessment done. My opinion.
Hotel did try I must admitt as we saw slight improvements over the week.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Colin C
Dear guest;

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with us are. You are the opinions of the utmost importance to us. Changes in the quality of service we need to do so we are treated well. We are honored to welcome you again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

What can I say, I did have my reservations when I first booked but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, the staff were great, my only issue was the reception staff they knew nothing and it took a few calls for us to just get clean towels. But don't let that put you off, for the money we paid it was pleasant, the location was great away from hustle n bustle. The thing that made it great for me was the barman at the garden bar, the one with glasses, he was great, I formed a friendship with him. At first he was quiet and not talkative but once you get to know him he's lovely (if management are reading this please could you let me know his name or facebook name).
The rooms were sufficient and I agree the food was very samey but it was Turkish food, if you want British food then stay in Britain I say.
I had a great time and personally I would go back to the same place for the staff x

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Nissa U
Dear Nissa U
Thank you for your nice thoughts.in the nearest time we will be pleased to welcome you again.

M.İbrahim EREN
Wirral, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just got back from a week all inclusive with the family, entertainment staff very nice. There's 1 swimming pool witch is good and warm to be fair not fighting for sun beds of a morning like some other hotels I've stayed in, food poor didn't cater for the English what so ever

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

A friend of mine and I stayed at Club Scala Nuova for 2 weeks. We arrived at around 2am due to a late night flight and when we arrived, the staff gave us a very warm welcome by seating us down in the lobby and carrying in our luggage from the boot of the transfer shuttle. We introduced ourselves and had a friendly, short conversation with the staff. They explained briefly the eating and snacking hours and told us if we needed any extra information, that they were always there to help. Before I had a chance to ask, the receptionist wrote down the Wifi passcode and handed it to me on a piece of paper, I was very thankful as the first thing I wanted to do was contact my parents to let them know we were safely settled in Kusadasi. Taking in to account the late hour, they gave us a room key, they transferred all of our luggage to the room.

The next morning we woke up and rushed on to our balcony to find that we were given a beautiful hotel room with a sea view, the holiday was immediately more appealing knowing we could see sun rise and set everyday. We are so thankful for the way we were treated during our stay. If we ever had any queries, they were answered immediately. Lounging in the lobby was always a delight, staff never failed to offer us a hot drink or have a Fanta ready for my friend if she asked. It got to a point where we were welcomed with drinks every evening in the lobby and became good friends with the staff that were there.

Mustafa, the reception manager would always see us around the resort and be sure to stop and ask if everything was okay, if we were enjoying the food and if we needed anything.
Food at the hotel is delicious, but a larger variety of hot food would be preferred. Drinks (fruit juices or even water) could be served or machines left on and available to guests during later hours, this would be much appreciated as my friend and I used to get back to the hotel late at night or in the early hours of the morning and not have a quick drink to take to our room if we had liked.

Either way, the staff at the hotel are very hard working, they even gave out free prepared breakfasts during the Ramadan period and we had access to the drink machines during the early morning (around 3 am). This was not part of the all inclusive package, but what they felt was an obligation to their guests that come from many cultures and backgrounds.

During our last few days, we went to the spa and hammam and I received the Aura package which consisted of a Turkish bath, face mask and face and full body massage; all for just 100 Turkish Lira (about £30). The spa was beautiful, the masseuse was a lovely young woman and took very good care of us. We also had the choice of being treated by a male or female and appreciated the fact that we were able to choose as many places just have a male available in Turkish baths.

Overall, Scala Nuova made my trip to Turkey a memorable one. After two weeks, it felt like home and I was comfortable wherever I was at whatever hour in the resort. The evening entertainment ran from 10-11pm and was very enjoyable, the belly-dancer and folk dancers were wonderful, keep up the good work!

I'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone at Scala Nuova, but an extra thank you to the very kind and hard working Mustafa Atilla-yi. We'll be back next summer, until then, have a great year.

Best wishes,

Mariam and Safia

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the lobby have better wifi signal but further from the lobby means a better view of...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mariam A
İbrahim E, Sahibi at Club Scala Nuova, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for your rewiev. Valuable opinions, services towards achieving the most perfect, gives us a great motivation.in the nearest time we will be pleased to welcome you again.

Best Regards..
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Let's start with the good points
+ On a dolmas route (quick escape)
+ nice view of sunset
+ fire breathing entertainment
+ spa is first rate but costs extra

Now the bad
- bored/ignorant/disinterested staff on reception upon arrival
(No offer of a drink/food, despite our late arrival circa 23:00)
- tiny, dirty / unfinished room
(Wonky tiles, dodgy door, power key was wobbly occasionally didn't work)
- dirty plates / food / drinks in corridor
- shower tiny and when you looked up you could the half finished ceiling with exposed plasterwork through wooden slats and when you turned the tap to hot it ran cold (!)
- paper thin walls mean that you hear everything going on next door from tv, toilets, shower doors banging etc.
- food very bland and very, very samey,
- breakfast - boiled eggs and a selection of cold processed meats. One toaster (?)
- pasta/rice horrendous 'kofte' imagine frozen kebab meat & you're there
- hot food served as cold as they don't use urns
- insufficient crockery/glassware / seating at meal times
- if you were to miss the first half an hour of the 2 hour service food was rarely replenished leaving cold / leftovers.
- drinks, stick with post mix / lemonades. The local spirits were all a bit ropey apart from gin when mixed with lemonade.
- snack bar miles away from the pool & rooms
- music is AWFUL. Why why Delilah, wham, police on repeat. Then at night in between kids entertainment they play n***as in Paris by Jay Z, probably one of the most expletive laden songs he's done and they use as 'mini disco' music. Hilarious if it wasn't so inappropriate.
- free wifi didn't work. Asked at reception and they said wifi didn't work on apple devices?! Good one
- when we arrived we had one hand towel between two & no large towels
- we also had to ask for toilet paper to be replenished (they left us with none)

Don't stay if you are expecting anything approaching 4* it's probably 3* star & only just.

We spent most of our time after our first day - out & about - eating & drinking in the harbour which is a bit rubbish when you've paid for an all inclusive hol.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank JohnJasmine0114
İbrahim E, Sahibi at Club Scala Nuova, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Mr. JohnJasmine0114;

first of all thank you very much for shared your comments with us.so i reconnoitered for subjects on your rewiev.
we did not commitment any food or beverage service for late night check-in still we thought our guest's contentment and we started lunch-box service for late night check-in.
we had conversation and meeting to technical staff about shower and the other accident aswell.
The menus are changing everyday for lunch&dinner and thats will be developing to our British guests.
i would like to see you again in our hotel.

Best Regards.