My boyfriend and I arrived at around 11 o'clock at the hotel. We entered the hotel which is very impressive at first, the open hall is imposing, the fish tanks with the very interesting and lively fish, the lighting, everything contributes to a 5 star feeling.
We were politely greeted at the reception by a staff member who verified our reservation, had us fill out a form and was very happy to offer us a room with a sea side view when we requested so.
A bellboy helped us out with the luggage to our room. I must say I was very impressed by the room, the cleanliness, the nice design and of course the VIEW which was a dream. The minibar was filled daily with Pepsi, Sprite and two waters, all free of charge. We quickly changed and went out to better understand how things worked at the Sealight Resort. We stopped by the reception once again because we were not given the ultra all inclusive concept. Let me take you through a more structured review:
- beautiful and breathtaking;
- have a dinner on the terrace of the main restaurant, watching the sea and the sunset and you will feel that you are dreaming;
- the hotel is set on a hill; as you go down the stairs to the beach you will discover that there are levels used to their maximum potential; from the hotel and the main pool, you will go down to the Mini AquaPark (only 3 water slides but very fun, it is open from 10-12 and 14-16) and the 3 a la carte restaurants. On a lower level you will find the Beach bar and so on;
2. Food and beverages
- the main restaurant served decent food, but not a great variety; and of course it was repetitive;
the other bars, by the pool or close to the beach served fast food type meals (hamburgers, pizzas, spaghetti, even salads) - these were quite OK and the service was very quick;
- if you feel like desert you have plenty of it from 12 - 19 you can go inside the hotel to the cookie shop and choose whatever you like; the ice cream was not too good but the cakes are delicious;
- the beverages are OK (Coca Cola, Sprite tasted very good); although they proudly state that they serve imported alcohol brands don't expect Jack Daniels or Smirnoff Vodka, Garrone is the best choice you will find:) Try the light house bar it has a splendid view;
3. Shows and animation team
Zero. The poorest animation team I have ever seen. Practically they did not know how to get people involved in their activities. Very bad English knowledge. Didn't talk to hotel guests. Sorry guys but this is the truth. The 12 o clock games were fun if enough people voluntarily came to play. Darts was also nice, but I was shocked to see that the animation team member had me do the scores because he said his math was poor(besides his English). Other fun activities are soccer, volleyball, tennis and basketball which can be played on the large field they have with a splendid view of the sea; The night shows - average. The Circus show was OK - with acrobats doing interesting numbers. The sketch show was old. I saw those sketches at another hotel 8 years ago. The live music at the Pool Bar average also: not the best band not the best sound; The disco at the Pool Bar is all right;
3. The sea
Almost no beach; very narrow space; the water in the Aegean Sea is salty but very clean; during my stay there were a few tides; The hotel solved the problem with the small beach by placing sun beds on the grass on a higher level with sea view; trust me you will not miss the sand since this is a very nice substitute.
4. The pools
- one main pool with normal water - very large goes from 1.40 m to 0.3 m
- one smaller pool with sea water - I am not convinced that it is sea water, since I saw an employee pouring something in the water at night which looked like salt - so it might be just salt water:)
- I appreciated the hotel policy regarding sun bed reservations before 8 o clock in the morning; they clearly informed all guests that all towels placed on the sun beds before 8 o clock would be removed;
5. Hotel guests were mixed nationalities none that stood out too much and annoyed the others; this feature I always find asna big plus for the respective hotel
P.S: Don't forget to be in shape before coming to this hotel because you have a lot of stairs before getting to the beach and back to the hotel again; that is if you don't want to use the shuttle bus the hotel offers you;
This is my experience at the hotel; Sea Light Resort needs to improve the services (food, entertainment, good English knowledge for the staff), but the location saves this place; plan a short stay here and you will not regret it!
Please feel free to contact me if you need any other info!
Until next time!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sealight Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sealight Hotel Kusadasi