“Stayed for 2 nights as part of "on the trail of Alexander the Great" tour”

Sealight Resort Hotel
Ranked #15 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Thank God we stayed at this hotel during which was otherwise an abysmal holiday! This hotel was by far the best one we stayed in, so it made a welcome change to be able to relax and enjoy it - especially as we were 2 dissidents from our party of 43 not to "buy" the "optional" lunch package so we missed a wine tasting trip on 1 afternoon (just as well according to reports from our fellow travellers!) so were able to have a lovely afternoon enjoying the glorious sunshine and hotel amenities as opposed to being herded onto a bus all afternoon!
The hotel was clean and the room lovely. The buffet as with all buffets could have got repetitive after a while, but we were just so pleased to find some decent food in a pleasant environment.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lorna T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,302)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My first time at this hotel was June 2010 - I must say the buffet restaurant food was better then but they say nothing stays the same!! We visited the Chinese, Fish and Italian al a carte restaurants Chinese and Fish were the best. As on my other visits all grades of staff were fantastic - from cleaning staff to managerial! Mustafa on reception was a STAR!!! Sorted out a room we wanted within one day thank you Mustafa.

The only criticism is that there are not enough waiters, as the ones on duty were absolutely run off their feet! In the buffet restaurant the tables were not cleared quick enough because of thisand it was difficult to ascertain whether the diners had left or not!

The lobby bar staff were also fantastic - nothing was too much trouble to our little waiter and so pleasant too. Room cleaner was also lovely.

The hotel cleanliness was second to none!

We met some lovely people from Belgium, Holland, Russia and Belarus and are keeping in touch with them all. Thank you Sealight for a lovely holiday.

Room Tip: High floor is better we had one on 7th with pool/sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have to be honest I was a little bit worried about this trip – same food every night, be boring etc.

BUT I as happily surprised, the food from the buffet can get a bit repetitive but there is a different “special” every night and there are so many options to go though. The Entertainment although a bit cheesy at times was very good from activates, to external event shows (Firestorm) to movie nights. The room was very good and the refilled free mini fridge was super. The pool area was very large (if not tad cold) with many sun beds much the same as the beach area. I personally enjoyed the bar areas especially the winter garden for some relaxing drinks.

I do worry what it will be like during peak season with the size of the dining area and the possible speed of the waiting staff – but as going off peak I’m not in a situation to judge – all I know when I went (Sept 2013) it was very good.

Room Tip: Try get a room above the dining area as it gets more sun. Try get a room on a higher floors if you...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kalaika
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

This is a great ultra all inclusive hotel. Can't think of anything not included. But what makes it even better are the staff. Mursel has been here on each of our visits. His charm and personality raise a smile daily. He should be a training manager leading by example. We hope the management recognise his great service and reward him. See you next year Mursel x

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jel5525
Reviewed 16 October 2013

It was our second holiday in Kusadasi and first in Sealight. It will suit both active and lazy holiday makers: first group can swim, go for trips (e.g. Ephesus, Pamukkale - by the way both are a MUST SEE) etc. whilst th eother may enjoy lazing next to one of the swimming pools, go for spa or snooze on the beach, all combined with sipping drinks or beer.
Resort has everything so basically one does not have to leave the place for the whole stay. Food is excellent, service professional and swift.
The only minus I noticed was poor hotel entertainment: because that outsourced, like concert of a classical music or fire show were excellent.
Summing up, if I will be allowed to go Kusadasi again, it will be Sealight again.

Room Tip: Try to get one with a sea view definitely, or at least the one facing the pools.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Spent a week at this hotel last week. My family and I have never been abroad, and always holidayed self catering before this, so didn't know what to expect. I must say we were treated like royalty! The entire staff were so pleasant (except the one bar man in the club one night, who refused to serve under 18s even with cola). Entertainment was top notch, with some lovely guys "Danny Devito", "Big Nick" and "Ronaldo/Sexy Colgate" were the stars of the show every night! The waiting staff were so attentive. Our glasses were never empty for long, and the empty plates didn't stay on the tables for long before being cleared. Must make a special mention for Murcel. The man's an absolute superstar! The food was extraordinary. Ample choice, catering for people from all countries, and all delicious! Bar staff were amazing. Duumas in the lobby bar was awesome, and made delicious cocktails (although they may have been double strength lol). and Oz in the pool bar was great too. As a bar tender, I desperately wanted to jump behind the bar on occasions to help him out when he was busy, but he always kept calm, and served with a smile. The housekeeping staff were lovely, and greeted us with a smile whenever we passed them in the corridors. They made fabulous towel shapes on our beds on the last day, which put a massive smile on the kids' faces. The pool was a great size, although a little cold, would've been nice if it was heated. But there was never any problem getting sunbeds. And considering we were in a party of 11, that's some feat! All the terraces were lovely and tidy. My only miff was the topless sunbathers on the beach. I did see one lady actually by the pool on our first morning, but I'm guessing she was asked to either cover up, or go to the beach. I have no qualms with topless bathers in general, but I disagree with it when it's in full view of children, and it made my 12 year old daughter feel quite uncomfortable, and it ruined our planned day on the beach. Perhaps a section of the beach would be a good idea?
We used the spa on one of the mornings, and it was absolutely lovely! Some of the facilities were free, and these are the ones we used. (Turkish bath, sauna and pool) My oldest daughter is a fitness instructor, and she checked out the gym. She said it was well equipped, with decent modern machines. My 14 year old son spent most evenings in the games room playing pool, basketball, air hockey and bowling with his cousin.
In all, Sealight Resort is fabulous! We made some very lovely friends here, with staff and customers. I will definitely be returning there in the future!

Room Tip: Get a pool view room... from floor 4 and up. Best view in the world. Especially at sunset!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Returned yesterday from a fantastic 2 week stay at the Sealight resort and am gutted to be home.
The hotel is clean and the food is good with plenty of variety and the a la carte restaurants are also very nice. the entertainment is good and the man that presents the entertainment is very funny and had me laughing constantly. The facilities at the hotel are very good with a very large pool although it would be better if heated as can be quite cold. private beach is also very nice. all in all it is a fantastic hotel and I cant recommend it enough. would love to go back there again one day

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple