“Strongly Recommend!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Altinbas Apart Hotel
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Strongly Recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I have just read some of the recent reviews and I'm not sure they have put the reviews in for the same hotel that I have been staying in for the last 10 years. Altinbas is extremely clean and everything about the staff and hotel is 5 star. Having stayed at other hotels in Turkey the accommodation is clean and very big in comparison, the pool area is second to none and the hotel is so central to the town but far enough way from the noise. My room is always presented in a clean and tidy way. The smell that some people have commented on is normal for most places in turkey as it is to do with the underdeveloped sewage system and the heat in the city. This hotel is family run and the staff have always gone out of their way to do anything and I mean anything for me and my many friends that have stayed here over the past years. Every morning I am greeted with a smile and asked if there is anything they can do for me today. I always feel extremely safe here and I would trust the staff with my life. This is always a truly relaxing and fun holiday, its just like staying with family who always deserve respect. As for the few bad reviews, I'm not sure what happened but you certainly have a very different experience from me and I'm just very sorry you don't get what I get here, if you feel your children weren't catered for perhaps you should go to a hotel that advertises a childrens club. All I can say is check out how many people come back here year after year and the reason is the hotel and the staff.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank AdrianLavery

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lucan, Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

just back from the altinbas apart hotel .and will never go back filthy dirthy rooms 5 days complaining about smell in our room on the 6th day told them if smell wasent gone from the end of the day we wanted a new room it was only then that they sorted it out.on a nother day left our room at 11am and doubled locked the door as we did every time we left our room. left key at main desk came back at 7.45 pm and found the room was wide open when we asked what happened they told us we left the door open i told them that i did not leave the door open they just said we were lucky nothing was taken.the maid had being in after we left as the beds were made i said that the maid or some one from the main desk was in our room when we were not there.they then asked me to check my room to see if there was any thing missing thank god nothing was when i came back down stairs the manager said that the maid was crying and i said why was she crying and the manager said he did not know why .from then on they just turned there heads any time they seen us .i have being on many holidays in turkey and this was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in .please do not even think of staying in this so called hotel.all they wanted was your money as they had a list of fines for almost every thing you could think of .as i said never never stay here as they will try and get money out of you any way they can .over all only that i had my 2 sons with me and we were only using the hotel as abase. i would not have felt safe in this hotel my sons are 11 and 16 years old .there was nothing at all to do in the hotel no entertainment. if the staff smiled we would have giving them a clap it was so bad.

Room Tip: there is no good rooms the hotel is in a very bad way
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ellen C
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed here for a week with my husband and two boys 15 & 11 there is absolutely nothing for children to do!!!! Even the pool has rules about splashing etc.. No drinks or food bought in the hotel apart from the pool bar are allowed at the pool - what is that about!!! The staff are not polite and not helpful.. The rooms are basic to say the least and airconditioning is extra... Felt like I was staying in Alcatraz the way the staff followed everyone around...The beds were hard with no topsheet just a very rough tiny blanket which barely covered your body, airconditioning only available in bedroom so other part of the apartment extremely hot and stuffy.. Basic out of the way accomodation I would not recommend it for your stay in Turkey!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Samantha O
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Just back from Turkey stayed in the Altinbas and I left after 3 days. I would not recomend this hotel to anyone with children as it is not catered for children,they can not splash in the pool or else the staff will be giving out,there is no entertainment for the kids,very bad advertisement,reported this to the rep and nothing was done about it.In the night time if you were single it was great as the hotel came alive at about 2 in the morning,as i laid in bed with my children it was like there was disco going on in the bedroom.You can not bring water,food or anything down to the pool.The staff was very unpolite .When we complained to the staff about non paying customers that called children names we were just ignored.If it was my first time in Turkey I would never go back and because this wasn't my first time in Turkey I would recomend Turkey as a great holiday just not to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Catherine T
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Dont be afraid to book this apart/Hotel it is lovely the rooms are spotless and the pool is great.
The guys will really look after you here and always point you in the right direction.
Thank god for these guys as Thomas Cook Rep was non existant.
I hope to return soon!!!!

Room Tip: i stayed in 302 fab room great view!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lee1978
Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed here in July 2012. It was pretty sedate and there wasn't a whole pile of fun to be had. The staff were very helpful, they were different to other places that I've stayed in Turkey where the staff and just fun on tap, the staff in Altinbas just looked like they hadn't had a minute off in 20 years! The pool was fine (Pity about the rules about not being allowed bring water from upstairs to downstairs...whats that about!)
Had a few problems with a touchy feely chef too
Altinbas was OK, wouldn't recommend it or return but it didn't upset my holiday

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mmm B
Louth , Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

just back from a weeks holiday in turkey have to say, the staff in these apartments must be the only unfriendly people we meet the whole week.. They have no time for the tourists they look down their noses at you and have no time for kids. I am so glad i didn't have my kids with me on this trip as there was nothing for kids to do and no entertainment for anyone unless you wanted to watch the Olympics as that is all that was on the tv's ..

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends