“GREAT HOTEL”

Ranked #132 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Dublin Ireland
“GREAT HOTEL”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

If you are looking for a good hotel in Kusadasi at good price this is a place to consider. Great staff and great location.

Room Tip: Ask at reception. The owner is usually there and he is a nice guy.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank keegan_9

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Wirral
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I've given this hotel 4 stars purely because of the price we paid. It is a bargain even with all of it's faults. As stated in other reviews, it is very basic! Some of the rooms have dirty and soiled carpets and are very dated. We stayed in three different rooms in three days before we were satisfied. The rooms on the third floor, with a sea view are the best. The views of Lady's beach are great. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They speak good English. We were on half board and the food was basic but good. If you can keep your shoes on before getting into bed then go for it.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms 301 is the best
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BillDiWirral
Peregian Beach, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Just spent 2 nights at the Ekin and would have stayed more if I knew how great it was.
The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The location just 10 metres from the sand at Ladies beach was amazing. we had room 301 and had spectacular views up ladies Beach and across to Samos The hotel even though right in the middle of Ladies Beach was very quiet at night.
The bed was the most comfortable we had in all of our seven weeks travelling through Greece and Turkey. The air con also was very quiet. Only drawback with the room was that it did not have a fridge but at 35 euros/night in high season and a turkish breakfast tossed in as well I am not complaining. Would stay here again any day.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank traveltige
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I stayed here for about 5 days as a quick vacation with friends. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and friendly, and I was shocked to find such a cheap place right on the water! I was alone for the first 2 nights before my friends joined up, and felt very welcome, safe, and comfortable. The staff was always cheerful and would help with anything needed. The price included breakfast AND dinner, which was a great deal. The food wasnt great, but was fine, and for $20 a night I cant complain. I am not a picky traveler and like a simple place with a good deal, and this was definitely it. Didnt spend much time in the room anyways, when the beautiful ocean is all around. When my friends arrived and we wanted to rent a car, one of the staff offered his own car for our use. The hotel is on a very touristy strip on the 'Ladies Beach', but having the ocean 10 meters away cant be beat. It is a 5-10 minute bus ride from town, but it is also a nice walk. If you want cheap, convenient, simple and friendly, this is a great place.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank spone7
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 October 2009

The Ekin is a small budget hotel with lovely views over Ladies Beach. The people who run it are just lovely, really warm, friendly and helpful. The hotel is also very reasonable. I paid only 20 Lira per night which included a nice but simple Turkish Breakfast of Olives, Cucumber, Eggs and Bread and good fresh coffee - all served with a smile and no problems. Unlike the dreadful, overpriced Palmin which I ran from (See my review here). If you prefer a more European Breakfast there are many restaurants in the area.

The Ekin is not luxurious but it is perfect for a nice relaxed stay. They have a small bar and restaurant and rooms have smallish balconies to chill out and watch the sunset. The rooms are basic but clean, having 2 single beds a slightly old fashoned bathroom - but they are just perfect for the needs of most holiday makers. The staff really make one feel welcome and I was really impressed by their can-do approach to anything. I had to return home early and they only charged for the time I stayed - they could have charged for the full week. This has got to be the best customer service you can find. The hotel has internet access and all rooms have air conditioning. They dont have a pool but the beach is a 10 second walk from the front door of the hotel and hot water is a bit weather (solar panel) dependent - given that I would still recommend this place.

Beside the hotel is the nicest Indian Restaurant in Kusadasi run by some of the nicest people Helen, Jaffa and Ali. Their warmth and friendliness adds to the beauty that is Ladies Beach.

If I was staying in Kusadasi again I would definitely stay at the Ekin.

Please feel free to contact me about this or any of my other reviews.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank DaveyIRL
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 30 August 2007

The Hotel Ekin is in an excellent location on Ladies Beach. We booked one week because of its location. Arrived to find they had double booked us and another party for 2 nights so took us to a small pension up the hill behind the hotel and offered two nights evening meals as compensation (got charged for the dessert). We complained to our rep as we felt they could also throw in free air-con for our last 4 nights. She sorted this for us but when we moved in management denied arranging this and asked us to pay. Rep told us she has many problems with this hotel. I had to ask for pillowcases and ask again 24 hours later. There is no hot water in the morning - best time to shower is early afternoon. Breakfast is 8 - 10am and they alternate eggs and meat with the bread, cheese, tomatoes and olives. Once meat has gone it's not topped up. Coffee one morning was tepid.
The room itself is basic and relatively clean, although the balcony does not get any sun. There is also one room without a balcony which faces a brick wall. Speakers below the rooms blast music until early hours.
Restaurant slightly more expensive for the same food served in other restaurants and bars. All places tend to serve the same food. We tended to eat in Rosy's and Sherwood restaurants nearby.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — poor management
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank Tamara444

Travellers are raving about these Kusadasi hotels