“this would make 4 or 5 star in Rome or London”

Central Hotel Bursa
Central Hotel Bursa
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Bursa
Copenhagen
“this would make 4 or 5 star in Rome or London”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel several times beginning from 2002, and latest in May 2012. Decoration and furnishing is much better than the 4 stars hotels I stayed in Italy, and far far superior to London hotels I know in three stars category. Free wifi was perfectly functioning even in the most remote rooms, which I stayed in one of them. I do no longer need strong breakfasts in the mornings as my age does not allow me to eat so much, but I was little sad that I could not have taken the advantage of the breakfast buffet. That is simply perfect.The hotels is centrally located, as its name puts it clearly, and you can connect all suburbs easily. Cleanliness, and promt service, and friendliness are the words I would choose to summarize the hotel. Next time, I will not look for another hotel, I am sure. I can only recommend this.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Simogul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with our stay at the Central Hotel after reading the previous reviews. There were some minor issues, but nothing that could not be resolved by the staff. The internet connection was dodgy at times and the air-conditioning was centrally controlled which meant that we couldn't adjust it even though it was too hot for us. Their response was that it was Winter, that's why they controlled the heating/cooling in the room and that we should just open a window. That was the only real annoyance for us. The breakfast was fairly good as they had a nice variety, not just bread and cheese which is standard for Turkish breakfasts. The staff were helpful and they all spoke English which made communication easy. They could also provide us with advice about which sights to see, how to get there cheaply etc. The location was good for us because it is on a main road with easy access to public transport (different buses stop right outside the hotel). There is also a large shopping mall just across the road. It is a good, mid-range hotel - we will probably stay there again the next time we are in Bursa.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 1 November 2010

9 lanes of traffic speed by the front of this hotel, a dolmus stop is in front of the hotel with hundreds of vehicles stopping and the room above mine was being renovated so there was lots of drilling and pounding all day until 9:30pm. The key card had to be reprogramed several times, the internet worked poorly, air conditioning/ventilation was turned off so when sunny the room was hot, but opening the windows wasn't an option because of the street noise. If you drive, beware! They have "free" parking but don't tell customers that there is a Sunday bazaar blocking the side street so you have to move your car and park on the street (if there is space) the night before otherwise you won't be able to take your car out of the garage until Sunday night If you decide to stay here, at least ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. Sadly, the staff don't take any of these problems seriously.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank jsworld
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 1 August 2010

This hotel is very poor and bad. The policy for this hotel is strike. The electricity is systemized to save energy and it disconnects even if you were walking in the colluder. The kids were always afriad to go to the next room. Plus, they do not allow food and drinks to be carried from outside. For an example, I have to take my whole family, 7 adults + 4 children outside at midnight if they feel hungry to have a Fast food. They don't offer fast food in a hotel, they just have turkish food !!, so they forced us to eat outside at midnight !

Even when we had out lunch outside in far away place, we still have some fruits from lunch, when we came afternoon to enter the hotel, they stopped us and we couldn't enter until we eat fruits out!!. I just dropped the watermelon with the reception and ask him to eat it. I really dont recommaned this hotel at all, I can rate it as 2/10.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family