“Classic Tour of Turkey”

Neon Tours - Day Tours
Book In Advance
US$80.00*
and up
Small-Group Cappadocia Tour: Devrent Valley, Monks Valley and Open Air Museum...
US$245.00*
2-Day Cappadocia Trip from Kayseri
US$190.00*
Cappadocia Balloon Ride
Ranked #98 of 170 Tours in Cappadocia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We returned from Turkey on 12-2-2013 after a 10 day tour with Neon Tour( Groupon ) / Key Tours International ,US. It was well worth every $ paid for such a reduced price. The hotel accomodations were excellent except for
Barcelo Hotel in Ankara. Our room was too hot and compared to the other hotels during the rest of the trip it is below par. Out tour guide Tolga was personable & quite knowledgeable. Both his assistant & driver were very attentive to their duties. From the pick up upon arrival to our drop off for our trip back home, Neon tours made sure all went well!!!!!
Suggest: buy optional tours with Neon . It is cheaper than purchasing with local tour company in USA

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We just got back from one of the best trips of our lives with Neon Tours. We did a 2 week bus tour of the western half of Turkey that was sensational. We saw so many interesting places, learned so much, had great food,and really appreciated that our bags were handled and all tips paid for us . Plus we LOVED our guide, Mr. Altay Gür, who has a degree in archeology, spent a summer on the dig in Ephesus which was on our tour, and could be a stand-up comic if he wants a career change. We went from the land tour to a 12 day cruise to some Turkish ports and several in Greece. The cruise was quite a snooze after the great time we had on the land tour.
I was startled to read the negative reviews here when I logged on to write this one. I'm so sorry for those who had such poor experiences when ours was so outstanding. As far as Pergamum, visiting Asclepion - the ancient medical center, was so fascinating that we weren't at all disappointed to miss the ruins up on the hill. We saw plenty of ruins throughout the country including Perge in addition to Troia and Ephesus.
We had fabulous experiences including visiting in one of the very few still occupied homes carved into the limestone in Cappadocia, lunch in private homes of villagers in the mountains, and attending a "Sema"- the whirling dervish ceremony.
I can't rave enough about the experience we had. I guess Altay Gür made a big difference in our trip so do go but ask for him!

2  Thank EWB-in-MB
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I booked a full day tour thru Viator and had no idea that the tour would be by Neon Tours.
The guide Onur is rude yet knowledgeable, no proper introduction with us, he was all the time walking 100mts ahead and not really caring about us, we did not even had time for pictures before the Blue Mosque. He briefed the history to us and there were places he would not bother even coming with us. I have seen many other guides same day who were more engaged and committed to their customers. We ate at a restaurant where the kebab was awful, poor quality food! I had the chance of eating out in turkey so I know the food was cheap and poor quality. In one word the guide was arrogant and looked to be fed up of doing same job everyday. The night tour was even worse! The guide picked us from the street and no greeting intro from him later on he was too in a hurry and classically moved us out of the dinner show though he was late to pick us up.
I paid 270usd for 2 ppl which is not worth. If have to be redone I would have booked a taxi and go through the audioj guides which are rented in these places . The topkapi palace, blue mosque hagia sophia are next to each other and we have to walk through them anyways.
One tip: Book your taxi to there and take the audio guide or walk through Istanbul streets you may have cheaper deals. Don't waste your holidays and savings with Neon tours.

3  Thank Luvys11
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We have just come back from holiday and reflecting on all that we saw and experienced overseas. The Neon tour - Glories of Turkey - was outstanding even with the difficulties that were being experienced in the country with political unrest. Our guide was excellent and provided background to culture, language and history. The organisation has obviously listened to tourist feedback and has included a lunch with a local family at one stop as well having alternate 2-night/1-night stops along the way. Optional tours were very good and gave more insight into the the country and the people who we found to be very friendly and helpful.
we were fortunate to have a good safe driver and assistant - nicknamed the Godfather -who attended to all our needs on the bus. We woud be happy to recommend the tour even with the larger group size that we had.

3  Thank deeteeAdelaide
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

We just got back from our classics of turkey ten day tour- it was awesome! Turkey is amazing and neon tours did a great job. I was a little weary when I had read some of the negative reviews prior to our departure, however after our trip I understand much better the situations described. One reviewer complained of long bus rides. This trip is to see the major sites by bus- so yes in order to do this there are some long bus rides. Another reviewer complained of having to eat at "rest stop" these are not the same as the U. S. and are not that bad. They usually have a large buffet of traditional Turkish dishes and waiters serving tables. Much nicer than I was expecting for rest stops. And really I didn't see that many places 30 people could have stopped and eaten in a reasonable amount of time while on the road. It also sounds like perhaps a few people had bad guides. Our tour guide was Gokce- she was awesome. Without her we would have went home with a very different view of the country. She really loves Turkey and its people and teaching others about their history and ways of life. The only thing that kept me from giving five stars was that we wish we would have known about the suggested gratuities prior too the trip in order to have budgeted better( even with these gratuities it is a great value!!!) and that perhaps too many sites were crammed in and we were quite tired. Overall great experience. Reliable company