“Incredible show pieces of Turkish Art”
Review of Sultans Ceramic

Sultans Ceramic
Ranked #1 of 15 Shopping in Avanos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The handicrafts that was started in b.c. 2000 by Hittite Civilization had continued through Iznik designs in 15th century in the Ottoman Empire period so that as the follower of the handicraft traditions, Sultans Ceramic family has introduced the handicrafts by meeting with the art-lovers through its marketing activities in national and international levels and by using its 250 years experience in the area of 4500 m² that was constructed by carving entirely with the hand workmanship in the rock in Avanos in Cappadocia region.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Sultans Ceramic was not on our original itinerary, but I really wanted some type of art to take back home. I was traveling with a family member, and our guide had informed us of Sultans Ceramic. Even if we hadn't made a purchase, the tour is quite an experience because you can see firsthand how your art is created should you choose to purchase or if you just want to see how it is all made. The studio is divided into about 3 galleries, which were all beautiful. One gallery, in particular was our favorite, and of course, it was the most expensive one. Although it was expensive, the detailed work was so exquisite. I bought a Hittite wine set which was worth every penny. Each piece was signed by the Maestro, and I had my picture with him. My traveling partner bought one of the large plates. The price included delivery and insurance. We both received our pieces within a few weeks. My travel partner's plate arrived perfectly, and she displayed the plate on her wall where it looks beautifully unique and classic. One of my goblets, however, arrived broken. Sultans Ceramic made 2 goblets to replace my one, as each are original and shipped them at no extra charge. Even though it took a little extra time to make the replacements, Ari kept me informed of the progress. The detail difference is undetectable and because they sent me two, it looks entirely planned in the set. The Maestro signed both of them, and I am thrilled with the set. I highly recommend the investment.

1  Thank Greg J
AliKasap, Owner at Sultans Ceramic, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2014

Dear Greg,

There are newer reviews for Sultans Ceramic

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Because my wife is a potter our guide took us toe this wonderful Sultans Ceramic on our visit to Turkey. My wife was delighted and the choices are overwhelming. We decided on a large plate that was really too big for our use. They agreed to rework the Tree of Life on a smaller scale and we also got a copy of an ancient wine "jug". We were assured that the shipping would be easy and they do it all the time... We just got our shipment and it is beautiful, the plate was inscribed on the back for our 45th wedding anniversary and all came in perfect shape. I would highly recommend them for any Turkish Ceramic purchase... VERY friendly and informative...We are delighted with our items.

Dear Our Guest,

Thank you for your beautiful review ! I love your order plate, it was awesome. Greeting to your husband. We hope to again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had decided that we wanted to purchase an authentic piece of Turkish ceramic and were referred to this family establishment. Our guide made arrangements as we had limited time so our demonstration was brief but informative and then we got to view the pieces. Magnificent! Three different rooms to view three different qualities. Although we loved the pieces in their best quality, we opted for a purchase of a large plate from their family designs, excellent quality and detailed designs. The first plate we viewed in their family designs, we knew that was the one! Saim was great to deal with, there was no pressure to buy and he was very helpful. I had forgotten to take a picture of the plate which was being shipped to Canada and send Saim an email after returning to our hotel. Saim quickly responded and provided me with a picture. Prior to shipping, I was sent photos of the plate being signed by the ceramic artist and with the plate itself. Once shipped it was delivered within a week in a crate safely packed. I plan to order matching pieces in the future. If you are looking for authentic ceramic art, I certainly recommend Sultans.

Dear Colie,

Thank you for your amazing review ! I am happy for you received your ceramics without any problem. I will tell your review to Saim who is my couisin. We hope to again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was one of the stops from out tour from Gate1 Travel. The studio is inside a cave, quite interesting you see all the skilled maestros working on their pieces. This is a family owned business after a short orinentation you are allowed to explore and take pictures of their ceramics. Since my ballon ride in Capadoccia was cancelled due to the weather I spend my money on a gorgeous Hittite ceramic piece. I negotiated my price which was a little hard, but I bought my piece cash in us currency. The owner was so nice everyone in the group was offered something to drink apple tea or turkish coffee. Very important they do not pressure you to buy anything from them. If you want to buy a piece of ceramic buy one of the high end pieces you will not find them anywhere else!

AliKasap, Owner at Sultans Ceramic, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2014

Dear Vhamnett,

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This family owned business is a beautiful cave full of amazing ceramic pottery. They take you through the steps of a simple piece to putting one together. Never got pushed to buy anything but I definitely got something from there. Their handiwork is extremely skilled and each piece of hand painted. Don't miss their glow in the dark ones with phosphorous.

1  Thank binnyliu