“Great Hotel but Terrible Service!”

Traveller's Cave Hotel
Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Lovely location, beautiful views & unique rooms which we really enjoyed!
However the huge let down for this place for us was the service (we are surprised at the good reviews regarding service!!!!) The Asian lady on the desk was rude, had no customer service skills what so ever and didnt seem to care what so ever! We stood in reception for at least 5mins trying to pay our bill but were completely ignored as she was chatting on the phone - terrible last impressions of the beautiful hotel! For such a friendly town, we were surprised!
Room cleanliness needed some work! You could tell it was superficial cleaning everyday and no thorough deep cleaning done.
Overall if you know what you want to do in Cappadocia and dont need any advice then would recommend this hotel - just dont expect nice service!

Room Tip: Lovely food at Fat Boys & Cafe Safak - best coffee in Turkey!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A D

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here recently for 4 nights, we were booked for Deluxe Double room but when we were in the room its nothing like the pictures at all; its rather small, we dont even have enough space to put our baggage not to mention to walk around. Most of the time we bump into each other due to limited space and right beside my bed that was 2 huge whole from broken planks & was cover-up by carpets. That's really uncomfortable to walk on, my feet was literally inside the whole every times when I get to bed. It definitely need improvements,
The top linens on the bed were blood stained, dirty looking & even with hairs...its so discussing. Although our room did get clean everyday but the stained & hair still there after 3 days...so did they actually clean the bed, changed linen? How come they didnt see it as its so OBVIOUS
The dinner food in the restaurant was good but pricey though and not a lot of Turkish options either. The Breakfast was OK but very limited & not filling, also it was the same food everyday so after 3 days we kind of fed-up with the same breakfast! However the staff in the restaurant was very friendly,helpful & attentive I must say.
Upon check-out we were complaint to the receptionist about our room were too small & they seem dont border & reply 'well you booked standard room & this is our standard room'. I was shocked that all those night we were staying in standard room but was paying Deluxe room price?! I showed them my reservation voucher & clearly stated DELUXE DOUBLE ROOM and they finally charge us 20 Euro less in total (which work out still higher price than they advertised for standard room.
Although the view is awesome but I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: double check the floor in the room, you might end-up foot in the hole like me!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Miu d
Reviewed 18 June 2014

A beautiful and atmospheric cave hotel, set in the wonderful Cappadocian valley of Göreme.
Helpful and attentive staff made our all too short stay a joy.
Cappadocia has become a mecca for people of all races and cultures and we met many new and interesting people.
We will return for a longer and more detailed trip next time 5*+

Room Tip: Go for the uprated suites, they are beautiful and spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed with my family from 12-14th June Awesome location. Great and very friendly staff. Had some amazing chicken stew very special to the Cappadocia region. Hakan had organized an amazing balloon ride.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Really nice hotel on the rocks with different kind of rooms and nice views of the city of Göreme. All the staff are very friendly. The hotel has two entrances, one below the mountain where the hotel is located (you have to climb many steps) and another above, where the parking spot and the check in desk is located.
The room (No. 7), is a cave, nice and big, with WiFi, fridge, fireplace. The bathroom is very nice and has a good size.
You can see the city, different rock formations and in the distance a big mountain with layers of different colours.
Breakfast is Ok but not a wide range of food.
Göreme is a beautiful town located near major tourist spots. It has different types of restaurants with good prices. There is a small bus station from where buses depart for different parts of Turkey (Metro, Süha and Nevsehir are different bus companies). The roads to all tourist areas are in very good condition.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edu-Adri
Reviewed 4 June 2014

So I stayed here In May 2014 and it was exactly like the pictures so thats always a positive. The staff was very helpful and I was even able to get laundry done! The room I stayed in was the double standard room, and while it had the elements of luxury, it could definitely use some improvements. For example the wooden floor had 3 huge broken planks in it...creating massive holes in the floor( that was covered up by a carpet) that made it very uneven and very uncomfortable to walk on.

The top linens on the bed were stained and dirty looking...practically to the point where I didnt even want to sit on it. The dinner food in the restaurant was ok...but kind of bland and not alot of authentic turkish options either and also its was very pricey! the Breakfast was decent but very limited! not filling at all! Overall it was a decent hotel with good staff and a nice view but I probably wouldnt stay here again.

Room Tip: dont choose the double standard room....the rooms need some serious improvements!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Adilah A
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Located at the top of the hill, the view was just amazing as you were struck in awe by the landscapes' beauty! A stay I would never forget, and thanked Hakan (the boss) for his hospitality and generosity at his awesome cave.

The limestone caves were spacious, nothing short of what I dreamed it to be. Room was kept clean, or maybe I couldn't see the dust?! It's tough given the rough terrains. And I loved the little woodfire stove in my room that kept me warm at night.

www.missconneckions.blogspot.sg

Another highlight of the hotel was that there are personal alfresco spaces for all of their guests... wooden swings, mini-tables were spotted within the cave hotel, perfect for the night's chillout gazing out at the stars and the town lights.

Spectacularly memorable.