Tourist Hotel & Resort Cappadocia
US$61
US$77
US$62
US$60
Chelebi Cave House(Goreme)(Great Value!)
US$48
  • Breakfast included
US$159
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfantastic locationreception managerhot air balloonbuffet breakfastcappadociatourvalley
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed there as part of my tour group and I think my tour leader chose a nice hotel for us.

- the location is very close to Goreme Open Air Museum. Just 5 minutes walk down the hill.
- It's also perfect location for hot air ballloon ride. You could see the balloon flied from your hotel window every morning
- the food was nice enough. I really like their tomato soup :). And different menu every day, so you won't get bored
- the hotel also near (within walking distance) some souvenir shop and mini market. (My tip : buy your souvenir here. It's even cheaper than in Istanbul. Go to Sultan Souvenir Shop)
- the staff was kind and did their job good.
- the room wasn't big. But we rarely stayed in the room. So that's okay
- no elevator. Though not many stairs were there. But if you traveled with people who had leg problem, ask for room in first floor.

One thing though : the AC didn't work in April. But before come to Cappadocia, I've stayed in another 4-5 stars hotel in another town and all of them didn't have a working AC.
I was told that that's what happen in Turkey. During autumn, many hotel would turn off their AC system and change it with heater.
As an asian who used to hot weather, of course I like the cool air. The cooler the better. But I understand that I can't force my habit to another people.

So what to do? We (me and all my tour groups) slept with an opened-window. No big deal :)

Won't mind to stay in here again next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed twice at Tourist hotel. Location is ideal for Hot air balloon flight and 5 minutes walk to open air Goreme Museum. Rooms, service and food were good. I would like to stay again next time i visit Goreme.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Once a stay with a group of 20 and everyone was satisfied with his room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2013

i have stayed with my wife for three nights in that hotel ,we have taken a villa ,it was nice.the internet spped was not bad but it always dc..
the tv is unuseful as most of channels was out of service...
the hot water and jacuzzi was good
the breakfast was not rich there is better..
the dinner is not so good.
the first time you light the chemine is for free...for few woods as it does not last for more then an hour..each extra is about 25 lira....that i did not like
the stuff is so kind.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
emrahdulgar, Director of Sales at Tourist Hotel & Resort Cappadocia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you so much for your review.Hope you enjoyed your stay here and see you soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I hadn't planned to stay here when I arrived in Goreme. But when I didn't like the place (or its owner) I had reserved, I searched for another hotel, and found this one. I walked in at 9PM tired from a long day, stressed, without a reservation, and expecting problems or hassles. Then I met one of the desk workers, Seljuk (Selcuk). He was kind, patient, enthusiastic, and he got me set up in a suite within 20 minutes of my arrival. The room was great, the breakfast buffet was pretty good, the location was awesome, and the swimming pool is large and clean.

Stay here and enjoy a nice place just a few minutes' walk outside of town. Get up early enough and see the hot air balloons just overhead. Walk 15 minutes down the road to the open air museum. In my three weeks in Turkey, this was my favorite place to stay - no joke and no exaggeration.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thank your for your review and hope to see you soon again.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2013

The only problem with this hotel was that the air conditioning did not work in August or I would have given it another star. Staff was great, location was awesome, hotel was nice, just hot. If the air conditioner was fixed, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family