“Ditto: 'Small hotel, big hearts'”
Review of Elif Star Caves

Elif Star Caves
Ranked #32 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I'm stealing another reviewer's title because it captures the hotel well. The staff was the friendliest and most helpful we experienced during our stay in Turkey; just super-nice. (Thanks to all there!!) It's a simple hotel, not fancy in the least, but quite functional---and you get the experience of staying in a cave. Great value.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stayed a week at this hotel; lovely room tastefully decorated; staff very helpful and conveniently located for walks in Pigeon Valley which start just a few yeards up the road.
However and this is no fault of the owners and the staff there is a lot of animal noises which kept me awake at night. A number of neighbours keep dogs - one next door and one across the road (possibly the man with the horse that carts tourists about- this are kept dogs not the strays) and they bark loudly the whole night. Also the top rooms are homes to sparrows - I love birdsong but a few hundred sparrow chirping just outside one's room at 5.30am is a bit much. I know this is possibly outside their control and animal noise is afact of life in the country but this was excessive.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My friends and I went to stay at this hotel last week and we are quite impressed with the service. They really treat you like family. We had a free day in Cappadocia and the staff really help us plan the trip.

What ever you asked them they will try their best to give it to you, I guaranteed! There is one staff who really impressed our group, he couldn't speak any English and he tries his best to give us what we want. It was pretty funny when we had to ask for the foot towel for the toilet, anyway he was really helpful.

Also the hotel was kind enough to let us use their lobby toilet for taking a bath (after we have checked out), there were 15 of us so imagine the chaos. They gave us everything, the soap, shampoo and bath towels. I mean you cannot find this kind of service anywhere else!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I stayed that hotel 1 month ago, Hotel has good location just near by center, the rooms were clean and the staff was helpful and friendly also the room has a perfect view, Thank you Elif Star Caves ;)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Being a frequent traveller, writing a review for a hotel means I really enjoyed my stay. The Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel comfort and commodities met absolutely our expectations. The ambiance of this cave hotel was very exceptional and romantic. I greatly appreciated my time there and the hospitality of the turkish people. The receptionnist, Eren ensured we were having a perfect stay.

Room Tip: Try to say teşekkürler and you get a big smile back. Needed 2 days to get it alright though.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This hotel, like many others in Göreme takeing place against the mountain with rooms made in the rocks, is providing a great service and lot of attention to their guests. I stayed 5 nights in a nice room with private bathroom, comfy bed and well designed interior, included Turkish -fresh and good quantity breakfast in their common area.
The service in the lobby was good to very good, depending if the person was speaking english. In case yes, the suggestions were always at the measure of my expectations, like Hot Balloon flight, restaurant, Hammam, other reservation for tours (especially the excellent Shah Mat day tours) and I had no complains about it !
I totally recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms are all different and excellent, you should check the pictures on this TripAdvisor page and as...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

I had a lovely cave room, which was toasty warm during the cold nights, with lovely hot showers. The breakfast was simple Turkish fare but fresh and tasty. The view is wonderful, located at the end of town, from here you can easily walk the Pigeon Valley. It is also a short walk from bus station and all the shops & restaurants. I walked to the red & rose valleys also. Most of all the owner was lovely and took extra care of me, worrying about me when I was out walking.

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Chelebi Cave House
#21 of 67 in Urgup
Tekkaya Cave Hotel
Tekkaya Cave Hotel
#24 of 78 in Goreme

Been to Elif Star Caves? Share your experiences!