Our cave room was spacious and charming, and the views from the terrace were just beautiful (basically it's like this everywhere in this area). The location is just slightly off the main road so it is quiet and still close enough to the restaurants, shop and the bus station in Goreme. Hot and tasty breakfast was included (the only place that offered hot breakfast throughout our trip in Turkey).
It seems to me that it's running by a lady with her daughters who although might be inexperienced (when we were there, a year ago) but for sure they tried to make sure that we had a great stay. The lady tried to sell us some tour packages during our first breakfast. Once we told her that we wanted to explore Cappodocia on a rental scooter, she didn't try to convince us anymore. We booked our hot air balloon ride through another place, she didn't say anything. One night we returned to the hotel really late. She was concerned but didn't ask too many questions so I'd say she is quite reasonable.
We had the chance to see another two hotels in Goreme and one of them wasn't even a real "cave room" as they advertised. Elif star is worth the price we paid for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With views over Goreme and Pigeon Valley, the family-run Elif Star Cave Hotel has a terrace and a restaurant. It offers traditionally decorated cave rooms and free Wi-Fi in all areas. Goreme Bus Terminal is within 5 minutes' walk. If you like to stay in a historical Orthodox Cave Monastery, Elif star Caves is exactly the hotel that you looking for. All the caves carved out at 8 century... Chapel, dining room, foodstore, shelter, watchtower, pigeon house, winery... The cave rooms at Elif Star are heated and feature traditional textiles, parquet floors and carpets. All rooms have their own private bathroom with toilet and shower. Each is decorated with a combination of Ottoman and Greek interior style. You can taste a traditional Turkish breakfast while you waching Fairychimneys. The hotel's a la carte restaurant also serves traditional home made dishes like kofte, Pottery Kebab and fresh local trout. Dining is possible either indoors or at the open courtyard with flowers. The reception works 24 hours aday, provides room service. Laundry and ironing services are available upon request, at an extra charge. Guests can relax in the garden and enjoy scenic views of Goreme from the hotel's balconies. Hotel Elif Star Cave also organises Hot Air Balloon Rides and Semi-Private Daily Cappadocia Tours with small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Agoda, HostelWorld and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Elif Star Caves reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elif Star Caves Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey
- Elif Star Caves Hotel Goreme