“Fantastic stay”
Review of Elif Star Caves

Elif Star Caves
Ranked #35 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed two days and one night here and it was fantastic. Our room was half cave half room which is exactly what you want to experience in Cappadocia. The best part of our experience was Kadir, who runs the hostel. He speaks at least four languages and did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable. Our balloon ride was cancelled due to weather which means I will have to return someday. When that happens, I will definitely stay at Elif Star.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sean V

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel was the best that i ever visited. Although we stayed in a cave room, it was very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. The owner of this hotel offered to cook dinner for a reasonable price. The owner is a licensed tour guide and on our first and second day, he took us on a tour around cappadocia with a reasonable price. He was very nice and helped us, in anyway he could. Personally, i would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mirza89
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I cannot begın to descrıbe how wonderful of a tıme we had ın thıs place. The famıly that runs the place was amazıng. We got our room upgraded for free. The breakfast was amazıng. They helped us coordınate all of our excursıons and even helped plan out our flıghts and shuttles to the aırport. We were even gıven a personal tour of the area and he used to be a guıde as a professıon so he ıs very knowledgeable and knows the area very well. They really went the extra mıle to take care of us and make sure we had what we needed and saw and experıenced what we wanted. I would never choose to stay anywhere else. We have been travellıng for 4 months and thıs has been the absolute best experıence.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kendra W
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I booked this room through a travel agent. I stayed in November 2013, and it was amazing. I see why my travel agent spoke so highly of the place. It was an amazing value for the price (I stayed in the dorm room, but it was relatively empty so I had the room mostly to myself). The breakfast was good, and the staff and manager were very friendly. I even slept in one day and missed breakfast by a couple hours, but the manager said no problem and willingly offered me a whole plate! Great place to stay, good location, overall A+.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank thmfsanfrancisco
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Elif Star Cave Hotel right away seemed like a dump. The main reason we chose it was because all their rooms are cave rooms, but the novelty wore off fast. When we checked in, the woman at the front desk spoke no English and had to go in the back and wake up a teenaged boy, who spoke barely any English. They seemed to have no idea we were coming. They gave us a room with five single beds in it. We were expecting one double bed. The place had a lot of problems: there was no separation between the shower and the rest of the bathroom; they never gave us toilet paper (we had to keep asking for it); there was a sizable gap between the door and the frame; there was a hole in the wall that they decided to stuff with paper; the room wasn't vacuumed once during our stay; there were no sheets underneath the comforter; they didn't turn the heat on even when it was below freezing at night. And, worst of all we were forced to take ice cold showers half of the time because of no hot water. Overall I found this place very uncomfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Robert K
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The rooms were clean and the beds had fresh towels waiting for us. It was surprisingly cold the few days my friends and I were there and the receptionist took great care of us by shifting the portable heater in. Walking distance between hotel and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Minzhen N
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed here over 10 years ago and recently stayed again. This place is fantastic. Peri and all of the staff took exquisite care of us. I really felt at home here. It was also so nice to see that though Goreme had grown tremendously since my last visit this cave hotel kept all of it's amazing views and charm. The location is perfect....beautiful views, close to hiking trails and town but very quiet. I would stay here again! The balconies have 5 star views!!!! I highly recommend Goreme and Elif star caves. It is a magical place.

Room Tip: I loved our room with balcony on the 2nd floor.