“good.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 68 Hotels in Goreme
Hino, Japan
“good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

It's a pleasant cave hotel. Mustafa was helpful but I didn't feel like everybody says like he's extremely helpful... since most people I met in this counry were nice an kind.
Room is nice and clean but they don't clean while you stay. If you don't care about it, doesn't matter!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

Well..I'm posting in October 2010 although my friend I went in October 2009. Mustafa, the owner has been bugging me to post...so there Mustafa...for you my friend!!

These are one of the nicest people I have met. The accomodations at Elif Star Caves are great and there are modern washrooms. The staff are also helpful in arranging local sight seeing-ie....balloon rides. My friend and i purchased a turkish rug each...believe you me...we are two very PICKY shoppers. One of the gentemen who works at Elif Star took us to a place he knew and trusted. You can easily end up with something you didn't think you were getting...ie... a cheap rug. We ended up purchasing two silk rugs...yes...for a pretty penny...but a year later..as promised...I received a phone call that the rugs are ready. The rug store arranges delivery etc

One day I hope to go back to Elif Star Caves and see my friends...but in the meantime...I am telling all my friends who visit Turkey to spend a few days here!! Only good times to be had!

Reena.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2010

My girlfriend & I spent 2 nights in August at the Elif Star and were extremely pleased with what we experienced. Cappadoccia was high on our list when travelling throughout Turkey and I´d have to say that the Elif Star was the highlight of our accomodation experience during our travels. Mustafa, the owner of the facility was very helpful. After an exhausting 12 hour bus trip from Istanbul, we arrived at 7:00 am in Goreme. The Elif Star is a short 5 minute walk from the Otogar. Upon arriving at the hotel, we asked if we could leave our backpacks at the hotel until our room was available, which was not a problem. My girlfriend wanted to retrieve a clean shirt from her backpack only to find that all her belongings were wet. Obviously something had spilled on it during our bus trip. Mustafa was happy to offer to wash her wet clothes while we explored Goreme & waited for our room to be ready (which we were allowed to check into at 10:30. Check in time is officially 1:30).

Once we checked in, I couldn´t believe the quality of our room. This place is definately unique. Beds, linens, and amenities were all top quality. The room was spotless & spacious. The view from our balcony was awesome. After a great nights rest, we had an incredible breakfast of fresh fruit, yogurt & coffee. Breakfast was included in the price of the room and there were several choices on the menu.

I would highly recommend the Elif Star for your accomodation choice in Goreme!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

Elif star cave is not the Four Seasons nor do you expect it to be. In fact, considering the price you get a great deal. Breakfast is a high point - all options as good as the next. Mustafa and Hasan are too gentle men - especially Hasan. He is the grafter of the team. The hotel is ideally located - outskirts of a small town but only minutes away from everything. The other comments about the room cleaning are correct but overall you be mistaking not to stay here. Well done gents ye run a great business.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

Travelled to Goreme with a friend and stumbled upon Elif Star by luck. From the moment we met the sleeping Mustafa (having an afternoon snooze!!) to the moment we left 5 days later, we couldn't have had a more enjoyable stay.
The rooms are beautiful, you can't escape the fact you're living in a cave carved out of rock. Opening our bedroom door in the morning and looking out over Goreme was a treat every morning.
The breakfasts were fantastic, had beautifully fresh fruit in a fruit salad every morning, delicious youghurt and the freshest bread with the nicest jam I've ever had.
The staff are very friendly and very helpful, booking bus tickets for us and always able to answer any questions we had.
After a mornings hiking it was a great place to come back to and just relax by sitting in the sun.
Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights and could have stayed 5 longer. We couldn't have asked for any better hosts than Mostafa and Hasan. The rooms were extremely clean, beds comfortable, and Hasan's french toast for breakfast was to die for. I would definetly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2010

Very friendly and helpful staff. Room was spacious and comfortable, although a bit dark inside as window was relatively small. Good sized bathroom with an open shower. This was less than ideal as the water ended up covering half the floor in the room. Water was relatively warm; however we had cold showers one night.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends